Wiki Posts
Search

Amankila and Amandari

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Amankila and Amandari

Heading to Bali in 2 weeks and have 3 nights at Amankila and 4 nights at Amandari. Do you think that is good balance? Was thinking maybe i should stay at Amankila a bit longer. Any one have any thoughts on this?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:43 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jayentee
Heading to Bali in 2 weeks and have 3 nights at Amankila and 4 nights at Amandari. Do you think that is good balance? Was thinking maybe i should stay at Amankila a bit longer. Any one have any thoughts on this?
If I had 7 nights, I would do Dari first (3 nights) and thereafter Kila (4 nights), but any mix of the two is great.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Definitely 4:3 for Amankila: Start with 3 nights at Dari, then climax with 4 nights at Kila (since this is the more spectacular place).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by deer
Definitely 4:3 for Amankila: Start with 3 nights at Dari, then climax with 4 nights at Kila (since this is the more spectacular place).
+1
Love the Kila
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by Musken
If I had 7 nights, I would do Dari first (3 nights) and thereafter Kila (4 nights), but any mix of the two is great.
+1. And I would try to stay longer overall if I could. BTW - The rafting and biking trips from Amandari are quite a lot of fun.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

And yet another +1.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:56 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
+1

Dari then Kila , definitely even more nights at Kila if you can extend :-:
Then you can also cover Nusa for a night bef/aft Wana
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
+1

Dari then Kila , definitely even more nights at Kila if you can extend :-:
Then you can also cover Nusa for a night bef/aft Wana
+1 on 3 at dari and 4 at kila, but I would even be tempted to do 3 dar, 3 kila, and one usa...might as well get that in there...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.amanresorts.com/amandari/exclusives.aspx
- 3 nt bali break + 3 nt classic bali @ dari
- 6 nt bali experience
- 7 nt bali beyond (change 1 nt to jiwo/wana) - $650/nt ends apr 30 also incl half off wana board

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 28, 2012 at 7:34 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:53 am

I would stay at Kila as little as possible. Sadly, IHO, what is now left of Amankila is just the hype and nothing else. If you really want to visit it, go for a night and then head to visit jiwo which is amazing. Def 3 nights at Amandari (i would stay longer though depending which room you are taking). If you really do like beaches, then I will opt for Amanwana. You will love it.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by namaguide
I would stay at Kila as little as possible. Sadly, IHO, what is now left of Amankila is just the hype and nothing else. If you really want to visit it, go for a night and then head to visit jiwo which is amazing. Def 3 nights at Amandari (i would stay longer though depending which room you are taking). If you really do like beaches, then I will opt for Amanwana. You will love it.
Could you elaborate on Kila?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:00 am

I'm another contrarian (despite Musken and Deer ) -- Dari for the four and Kila for the three. I'm not sure I'd agree with namaguide that Kila is all hype, but Dari is more Balinese: less monumental stone work, more the village feel, and less isolated. The staff at both is exceptional.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
I'm another contrarian (despite Musken and Deer ) -- Dari for the four and Kila for the three. I'm not sure I'd agree with namaguide that Kila is all hype, but Dari is more Balinese: less monumental stone work, more the village feel, and less isolated. The staff at both is exceptional.
It is worth noting that Kila tends to have sunnier weather. Ubud receives significantly more cloud and rain. I would spend more time at Kila (for this and other reasons).
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:38 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
They're both fantastic. No worries whichever way you go.
Londonjetsetter makes a good point. Is this rainy season? If so, give the extra day to Kila as you will have a slightly better chance for sun.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would stay at Kila as little as possible. Sadly, IHO, what is now left of Amankila is just the hype and nothing else.
3 negative reports here
- you - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post16565825 (not as negative back then)
- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...alewiston.html (8 posts - 6 kila + 2 st regis)
- instyleprincess - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post12758418

IMHO "hype" can be overused
stats wise, only comparable to kila is wella
If you really do like beaches, then I will opt for Amanwana. You will love it.
>
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Amanwana..they've a private beach 10 min away from their ' coral ' beach.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 29, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.