what are the best hotels in israel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what are the best hotels in israel?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Smile what are the best hotels in israel?

are there any really greats?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:23 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Depends what you compare them to.... but short answer, no, just a series of average hotel experiences, some with iconic views.

Last edited by ABG; Mar 11, 2012 at 11:42 am
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:32 am

Agree with ABG but suggest you search this forum. Lots on Israel.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

which would you choose?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:24 pm

Where in Israel?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Choosing hotels in Israel has always caused me some headaches:

In Tel Aviv Iīd recommend the David Intercontinental, nothing over the top, but service is decent, rooms and dining are good, the views from the top floors are quite nice. I also quite like rooms on the 7th floor with a private patio overlooking the Mediterranian Sea (though the room itself wasnīt anything too impressive).

Nothing beyond average 3*-4* hotels in Eilat as far as I could tell, and completely overpriced for the qualify.

In Jerusalem the three best hotels probably are the Inbal, the David Citadel and the Mamilla; the American Colony Hotel probably is the most "interesting" hotel due to its history, but not sure itīs in the same league.

It may be worth looking into smaller boutique hotels, but donīt have any personal experience with any of those.

If you find any great hotels, please let us know.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedbird001
suggest you search this forum. Lots on Israel
indeed

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Closest thing I have found to a luxury hotel in Israel is the Montefiore hotel. Its a tiny little boutique hotel with excellent service - easily the best service I ever had in Israel.
www.hotelmontefiore.co.il - tel aviv 12 rooms
confirmed via PM they were referring to that one in tel aviv and not the one in jerusalem

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 11, 2012 at 8:25 pm
Old Mar 11, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt lifetime Diamond, BA Gold, Amex ?
American colony

The American colony and king David are as good as those mentioned if not better in there own way.
But the true answer is the closest world class hotel is not even in israel.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I agree not great hotels on Israel. I do like however the King David in Jeruselum. Ask for room facing wall and gardens woth a terrace.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:31 am

In Tel Aviv, it's the executive floor at the Hilton. Top floor lounge has incredible food spreads, ample drinks and friendly hosts. However, like every place in Israel, the concept of excellent service does not exist.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:12 am

I've stayed in seven different hotels throughout Israel. None were impressive, but the Inbal was probably the best. However, rooms and service there do not come close to meeting American or European luxury standards.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all what about dead sea? hertziliya? tzfat? other cities? are there any chains? is there anything ok in eilat?

Last edited by martino; Mar 18, 2012 at 9:52 pm Reason: incomplete
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by martino
Thank you all what about dead sea? hertziliya? tzfat? other cities? are there any chains? is there anything ok in eilat?
Both the Hilton and the Isrotel in Eilat didnīt look too bad when I stopped by, but there didnīt seem to be a real luxury hotel standing out in Eilat. Canīt comment on the other places.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
If you like boutique hotels in great locations with great breakfasts I would highly recommend the Shalom Hotel in Tel Aviv and the Harmony Hotel in Jerusalem. Both are part of the Atlas chain & we stayed in both in November. The rooms are a little small, but very contemporary and very clean.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:58 am
Suspended

If I am given a chance I would love to stay in The Carlton Tel Aviv. The Hotel is so awesome and it holds 4 star(I believe,I am not sure If they have upgraded). A few years back for my business i had visited Israel and i was given a suite in this hotel. I must say the experience was fantabulous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.