Four Seasons: Baltimore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons: Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I wonder how you could get a great rate there. My impression was that FS as a chain charges rack for all Virtuoso bookings, believing that the extra Virtuoso benefits eliminate the need for a discount.

I thought FSPP bookings were usually the BAR rate (or even with a discount) ?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I enjoyed my stay last weekend. I was UGed to what I believe they call a premier water view room, and though I found the configuration a bit strange, it was absolutely stunning to walk in and see the marina on a sunny day from those floor-to-ceiling windows. I didn't like the dresser (either in looks or practicality--had trouble opening one of the drawers), but otherwise furnishings were fine. Service was good, except when one of the concierges tried to send me to Chipotle for lunch (I did say I wanted something relatively quick, but she knew where I'd eaten the day before so should have known better). The spa had messed up my original appointment, but straightened it out very quickly. It's quite small. I liked the whirlpool with its individual controls. My massage was good; I'd rank it among the middle of massages I've had in hotel spas where the therapist hasn't worked on you before and may not see you again. I enjoyed the pool, though the attendants were not quite as attentive as at some other FS pools. Breakfast was the only meal I ate in the hotel, and it was better than mediocre but less than delicious.
The Yankees were there (for roughly the same reason I was), and while, unlike the poster above, I didn't think the hotel was really fortress-like, there was a clear security presence--worse than that, though, were the Yankee stalkers just hanging out in the lobby waiting for a sighting.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:39 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincentb89
I thought FSPP bookings were usually the BAR rate (or even with a discount) ?
Sorry, BAR was what I meant. FS gives no discount below that to Virtuoso or FHR, is my belief. FS often gives huge discounts on corporate rates.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, BAR was what I meant. FS gives no discount below that to Virtuoso or FHR, is my belief. FS often gives huge discounts on corporate rates.
That's correct, although, I don't think FS (or any chain, for that matter) allows you to combine Virtuoso/FHR/FSPP amenities with a low corporate rate.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by nba1017
That's correct, although, I don't think FS (or any chain, for that matter) allows you to combine Virtuoso/FHR/FSPP amenities with a low corporate rate.
I'd rather have the lower rate and make my own decision about where to have breakfast!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:09 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I'd rather have the lower rate and make my own decision about where to have breakfast!
then get a job with Citibank and enjoy their low global corporate rate
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
I don't want the lower rate that badly!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how often do corp/etc rates apply to all room/suite categories?

i personally interpreted zigzag as saying the property was a good value

re benefits, upgrades can be valuable and confirmed

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm
Old Sep 14, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ABG
I don't want the lower rate that badly!
My corporate rate was unavailable at this property and we often get significant discounts at~40% off at RC HK, 50% off at RC Toronto, ~50% at other FS locations. Was not available here after checking both with the hotel directly and through our travel system. Not sure if there is a large convention or what on my days but the lowest rate is above $400.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Would naturally love to see some pics
A recent review of the FS Baltimore by Eva Leonard had some nice pictures so I'm including them below.

Four Seasons Baltimore – Hotel Review
Unveiled in Baltimore’s Harbor East neighborhood in November 2011, the sparkling new $200-million, 18-story Four Seasons towers over the waterfront, within easy walking distance of restaurants, cafes, and boutiques.

As I pulled around the semicircular drive in front of the glass-and-steel structure, a valet and a porter hurried over to park the car and put my luggage on a trolley. (Valet parking is $40 per 24 hours.)

The open, spacious lobby was decked out with towering flower arrangements, marble floors, large abstract paintings with splashes of color, and minimal, contemporary furnishings. Overhead, clusters of curled glass ceiling lights glowed.
<SNIP>

Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by jspira
A recent review of the FS Baltimore by Eva Leonard had some nice pictures so I'm including them below.

Four Seasons Baltimore – Hotel Review

Thanks for posting, esp. the pictures as you mention...though isnt it amazing how unhelpful most magazine reviews are. Here's a gem from the FBT review re Wit and Wisdom:

"Well attended to by knowledgeable staff, we partook of a tasting menu of inventive, palate-pleasing appetizers, entrees, and desserts, expertly paired with a variety of wines."

...putting aside the useless adjective/adverb overload (i.e. knowledgeable/palate-pleasing/expertly), they could be talking about any tasting menu anywhere....

Last edited by DrivingRain; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:09 am
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Yes but the beignet photo made me hungry and the beignets look particularly good.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:48 pm

We recently stayed at the property, and had a very good experience. It is light years beyond any other hotel in town.

Rooms are nicely sized, well finished. Good bathroom - and yes we found the shower confusing, frankly. Great views from the floor to ceiling windows. Of note, there is a large, nicely done urban infinity pool. Also with excellent views.

Service was good, though it seemed many of the front desk staff were new to Balto. With a number having come from FS Hawaii.

We had an excellent meal at Pabu. Fish is, apparently, flown in daily fron Tsukiji. Their grilled items and small dishes also were very good. Likely the best Japanese restaurant for quite some distance, including DC. Very good sake menu and a very knowledgeable sommelier, specializing in sake.

Wit and Wisdom serves a nice bkfst. In short, its a solid property and a great addition to the area.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyr16
Service was good, though it seemed many of the front desk staff were new to Balto. With a number having come from FS Hawaii

excellent meal at Pabu. Fish is, apparently, flown in daily fron Tsukiji
very interesting, thanks

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 16, 2012 at 6:06 pm
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:49 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyr16
We recently stayed at the property, and had a very good experience. It is light years beyond any other hotel in town.

Rooms are nicely sized, well finished. Good bathroom - and yes we found the shower confusing, frankly. Great views from the floor to ceiling windows. Of note, there is a large, nicely done urban infinity pool. Also with excellent views.

Service was good, though it seemed many of the front desk staff were new to Balto. With a number having come from FS Hawaii.

We had an excellent meal at Pabu. Fish is, apparently, flown in daily fron Tsukiji. Their grilled items and small dishes also were very good. Likely the best Japanese restaurant for quite some distance, including DC. Very good sake menu and a very knowledgeable sommelier, specializing in sake.

Wit and Wisdom serves a nice bkfst. In short, its a solid property and a great addition to the area.
Any idea which Hawaiian property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.