Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corinthia London

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Corinthia London

Anyone stayed or seen this new hotel near the Embankment?

I walked in tonight for a drink. It's very much in a soft opening phase, with far too many staff members scurrying about. Very few guests around. The adjacent restaurant--Massimo?--is excellent and in a beautiful, airy space.

However, I went on their website and the starting rate is ~600GBP for any date this month. Does this not seem positively absurd for a brand new hotel? I'd like to try it out, but this amount of money buys me a junior suite at the Berkeley, Dorchester, Four Seasons (depending on the night) and so on. They have no promotions available either, so no real incentive to try it over some more established high-end properties.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

london can be bad, but switzerland is worse.

come to think of it, new york can be worse than london from the standpoint of dollar earners in new york and pound earners in london. and some paris hotels dont fluctuate, like FS.

Originally Posted by nba1017
~600GBP for any date this month
FS only drops from £495 the last 3 days of the month
corinthia's base rooms are 5m2 larger
but jeese, corinthia has 1.5 times the rooms...

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 9, 2011 at 11:32 am
Old May 6, 2011, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The issue with the hotel is that it is owned by the Libyan Government via the state investment fund, and is therefore being avoided by many people.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
The issue with the hotel is that it is owned by the Libyan Government via the state investment fund, and is therefore being avoided by many people.
And that explains that.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Heads up .... there is a 3-page feature on the hotel in 'How To Spend It' magazine, distributed with the Financial Times tomorrow (Saturday).
Old May 9, 2011, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
hotel is that it is owned by the Libyan Government via the state investment fund
ihiplc.com/ihi/content.aspx?id=265931
Corinthia Hotels are owned and managed by...IHI [and vice versa?]
Lafico of Libya...has a non-controlling shareholding of...over a third of IHI
"over a third" is kind of vague, and doesnt address Lafico's stake (also seems over a third) in Corinthia Palace Hotel Company Limited of Malta (CPHCL)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 31, 2019 at 10:34 am
Old May 10, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Sorry to see the stigma of Libyan backing attached to this property. i walked through it a couple of weeks ago when I was in London and it's stunning.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:08 am

On a recent trip to London my wife and stayed at this hotel since the Hilton Park Lane was full. I have status on Hilton and almost invariably get an upgrade. I was planning on only staying at the Corinthia for one night and then moving to the HPL. However, this hotel was so good I cancelled the Hilton and stayed at the Corinthia another night. The rooms are fantastic with quality materials and craftsmanship. Not just the bedding, the walls, the tables, the trays, etc. The bathroom was really cool, heated marble floors, all the gadgets where you expect them to be.

I stayed on a corporate rate so I did not pay anywhere near rack but I would definitely stay there again.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I stayed there this past weekend and was pretty impressed. I've stayed at The Connaught exclusively for the last 7-8 years but it was booked and the offer at the Corinthia couldn't be resisted (see Crisis Discounts thread).

Room was spacious and bathroom was excellent. Staff was good - although I didn't ask for much. Spa was pretty darn cool. The urinals in the men's room on the main floor were extremely cool.

Wasn't empty but wasn't particularly crowded either. It was closer to Trafalgar Square than I realized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.