Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Only on the Kowloon side specifically (unless it has changed since June)
Exact ! Never got the rolls royce and ended up with an old mercedes s class both times i used it.
Asian hotels don't seem to offer this service as much as western ones (except pen tokyo but it is usually an unpublished benefit).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentb89
Exact ! Never got the rolls royce and ended up with an old mercedes s class both times i used it.
Asian hotels don't seem to offer this service as much as western ones (except pen tokyo but it is usually an unpublished benefit).
That was my experience precisely. Maybe someone needs to try taking it to the Pen, then the RC may step up their game to be even with their fleet of RRs
Old Nov 10, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hamajicky
Can you use Marriott gift cards at the HK Ritz?
Apparently not:

Marriott GiftCards Terms and Conditions

Marriott GiftCards may be used at participating JW Marriott®, EDITION℠, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC by Marriott℠, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard® by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites® by Marriott, SpringHill Suites® by Marriott, Residence Inn® by Marriott, TownePlace Suites® by Marriott and Marriott Vacation Club℠ and participating hotel outlets: retail, spa, golf and food and beverage.
https://gifts.marriott.com/product.aspx

Although Ritz-Carlton gift cards are accepted at all Ritz-Carlton properties excluding partner properties (Ritz London, Ritz Carlton Montreal, Hotel Ritz Madrid, and Bulgari properties). Of course, they will likely impose an unfavorable exchange rate for the currency conversion.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Highlights.

We are on property for four nights. Before arriving contacted the Hotel. Much has been written so will give highlights we have observed during our return stay.

The Hotel has one Rolls Royce Phantom. They are expecting one more if not possibly two.

Amenity are Asprey for Club rooms.

Asked for photo before arrival. Our room was upgraded and there was a picture of us along with view of ICC tower framed on one of the nightstands.

The Guest Relations staff without doubt is one of the finest if not finest we have ever encountered. We were greeted upon arrival by two of the members who have been great during our stay. My wife connected with the agent from Japan who put us in contact with a guest relations manager in Tokyo we had lost track of. My wife wanted to know about golf clothes in Hong Kong. The other agent had a packet for us the next morning with info. Upon arrival back I made the comment regarding my feet being tired. A few minutes later the phone rang. You get the idea. ^

Mercedes car transfer service is available for Club guests to book for drop off in the Kowloon area. We've booked the service in advance three times within minutes of when we needed it. The Mercedes may have been S class but was very fresh.

This evening Club staff and one of the Guest Relations agent presented us with a small cake in the lounge to celebrate our anniversary.

Housekeeping and turn down service is exceptional. Every evening we receive a suite of bottled water. The frig keeps everything cold.

B&O sound system with iPod pre-loaded with music. LG tv with blueray machine.

New plate of dessert presented every afternoon. Fresh fruit bowl stocked daily.

Multiple device access to internet.

Evening Club presentation. We were surprised by the varied extent of the Club's evening presentation. There were assorted beards, soup, fried or white rice, roast pork w or w/o sauce, appetizer items cold, make your own toss oil/vinegar salad, ceasar salad tossed to order by chef and most important the main dessert item selection already available. The later being a key if you do not want to come back later. A big downside when you do at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Club lounge. A nice port available on request.

The property remains certainly among the best in Hong Kong. Access to the MTR is easy.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:47 pm Reason: Add additional information.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the local Mercedes car service free for people staying/paying for Club rooms? It wasn't mentioned during my stay earlier this year and this is the first time I've heard of the benefit here, although it clearly helps to make the hotel's location more attractive.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was also not aware of it during my last stay or for this intended period until reading about it on FT up post. It has been helpful.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:19 am

This is a new service offered by all Ritz Carlton's in Asia Pacific. Seems a great new benefit of booking club rooms.

Full article here Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Asia Enhance Club and Suite Experience

Ritz-Carlton has enhanced the experience of its Club and Suite level guests in Asia by giving them access to a series of curated chauffeur-driven experiences.

Each Ritz-Carlton property in Asia now offers a complimentary limousine service for short trips or transfers within the environs of the city exclusively for the use of guests selecting to stay at Club level or a Suite.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxfordjames
This is a new service offered by all Ritz Carlton's in Asia Pacific. Seems a great new benefit of booking club rooms.

Full article here Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Asia Enhance Club and Suite Experience
"Giving them access" are the key words here- there is no mention on the cost
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
"Giving them access" are the key words here- there is no mention on the cost
The following paragraph I quoted mentions the cost "now offers a complimentary limousine service"
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:31 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I was just there last week...... car service for club level guestws within Kowloon is 100% available by reservation now with club staff. No charge. They won't go to central.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:47 pm

No charge for local car service.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
No charge for local car service.
Hotel is trying to up its game after the afterglow of its opening. Probably a good thing.

Though pretty convenient MTR access, location still just bites for me. On the other hand, where else is there a rooftop pool and "outdoor" hot tub on the 118th floor ?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by grumbler
Hotel is trying to up its game after the afterglow of its opening. Probably a good thing.

Though pretty convenient MTR access, location still just bites for me. On the other hand, where else is there a rooftop pool and "outdoor" hot tub on the 118th floor ?
Keeping the "glow" going in Asia is always a big task.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
I used to love the old RC - but do not like the hussel of the kawoon side

Stayed at MO and like old RC much better. Now have to comevuo with a new one. . FS
Old Feb 17, 2013, 6:20 am

Does anyone know the upcharge for Club access if one books a standard room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.