Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.jetquay.com.sg/
can book car > plane too. thats rarer, while VIP is common.
if there has ever been a queue, VIP is like insurance.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 4, 2012 at 10:16 am
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ajca
I stayed at the Intercontinental last week before moving to the MO and then the RC. I usually dislike IC hotels but I loved the one in Singapore.

The IC Singapore was surprisingly quiet and peaceful (much more so than both the MO and the RC, which were both overrun by wedding guests and tour buses full of Chinese tourists). It was also very tastefully designed (in fact I liked the design more than the MO). The service was very good (but of course nowhere near as good as the RC). Main downside to the IC is no spectacular views over the city skyline.
That's very interesting as we have narrowed down our next stay to the RC or ICH (RA status; good deal).

I love the look of the pool at RC though...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by carls888
That's very interesting as we have narrowed down our next stay to the RC or ICH (RA status; good deal).

In a Premier Suite looking out over the bay at the RC as I type this, and would definitely recommend it.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:43 pm

The Ritz Carlton and Intercontinental are my favourites in Singapore by a significant margin. I've spent quite a bit of time at each this year. While they are very different hotels in style and feel, they are both excellent and I would recommend them highly.

Here's my side by side comparison:

Ambience: I find the Intercontinental far more personal and serene and relaxing than the RC. The RC can feel a bit like a dumping ground for busloads of tourist groups, which really lowers the tone of the place. The RC lobby gets pretty crazy at times. The IC by contrast is always calm and civilised.

Club Lounge: afternoon food is a little bit better at the RC (that fresh laksa is unbelievable). The wine selection is much better at the RC. Club Lounge breakfast at the Intercon is significantly better. Staff at both are extremely friendly and do a good job of remembering your name, coffee preference etc.

Service: I would say they are about on par. The RC staff are a bit more flexible whereas the Intercontinental staff will stick to the script and the rulebook exactly.

Aesthetics: I absolutely love the Peranakan style design of the Intercontinental - from the lobby to the Club Lounge to the rooms. The RC aesthetic is a little bit Donald Trump but it does have the spectacular views and the rooms are very nice

Pool: RC has much nicer pool than the IC (although the RC's pool is unfortunately not quite as nice as the MO's next door)

Location: when travelling for work I actually prefer the Intercontinental's location to the RC's. It feels a bit more connected to the real Singapore, and it's great having the Bugis mall behind in case you want to grab some non-hotel food or need to pick up some supplies. But again the RC has the views

If you go for the Intercontinental it would be worth contacting them in advance and asking if they can upgrade you to Shophouse Club Suite.

Anyway, I would choose these two hotels over the MO, FS, MBS, Conrad, Fullerton etc any day...

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:11 am

Last time I was in Singapore, I stay at Raffles Hotel Singapore. My stay there was great...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:04 am

No need to start a new thread........

I spend a good amount of time in Singapore, and have stayed at all the top hotels there. I am currently at the FS and whilst it's not at the marina and not 70 floors tall, it's a great FS, just as it was 10 years ago, when I last stayed. In fact, for me it's up there with the best city hotels in the world. The view is fine, not spectacular. Rooms are modern, but very comfortable. Service some of the best I've ever had, and that includes FSNY, MONY, FS Lon, MOBKK etc. Food is top notch, esp in the Chinese restaurant....as good as the 3* place at the FSHKG.

Pool is nice, but small.....but overall it's quiet and very good!!!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: F
I will be in Singapore next year for Chinese New Year - but not arriving until 5-6pm on the evening before. So specifically, which of the luxury hotels is best placed to easily go and see something of the festivities that night?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 2:47 pm

Has anyone stayed at the MO recently? We are looking at a city or harbour suite, we will skip club though as the age limit is 16 and we travel with two small children.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:11 am

Has anyone stayed at the MO recently? We are looking at a city or harbour suite, we will skip club though as the age limit is 16 and we travel with two small children.
Stayed very recently and really liked the new pool and deck area and revamped Italian restaurant. Harbour suites have superb views and most have small balconies. Very comfortable accommodation. They have also just finished a new, much enlarged spa.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Firstc
Didn't read all the pages, but the Hyatt on Orchard is a great hotel. Amazing location, assuming you want to be near shopping, right next to MRT, and modern rooms with mini suite styling.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:12 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highflier86
Didn't read all the pages, but the Hyatt on Orchard is a great hotel. Amazing location, assuming you want to be near shopping, right next to MRT, and modern rooms with mini suite styling.
Agree, and would be happy to stay there again, but it's not a luxury hotel. Possibly luxury level service in the club lounges, but not elsewhere.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Stayed very recently and really liked the new pool and deck area and revamped Italian restaurant. Harbour suites have superb views and most have small balconies. Very comfortable accommodation. They have also just finished a new, much enlarged spa.
Thanks for the information. We have booked for 4 nights on the way to Bangkok.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:16 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I have tried nearly all the top hotels in Singapore, the RC is now my favorite by far. They have steadily improve on both hardware and service over the years. I now cannot be bothered to try anything else.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Was back in singapore in January at end of trip and reconfirmed I still like the RC. I always get a high floor premier facing the harbor on the right corner as you are facing the harbor. It is like a jr suite and I love being on that corner. I also do the club here as it is one of the better I have experienced. The pool is great and the only thing is I wish they had better restaurants, but Singapore is full of good restaurants so we went out to lunch and dinner as always.

I also used to really like the valley wing at the shangri-la, but have not stayed there in several years. It used to have better service than the ritz, but I miss the harbor views and on this trip we had very good service at the RC. In fact seems to have improved!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Larkin
I always get a high floor premier facing the harbor on the right corner ... [i]t is like a jr suite and I love being on that corner ... and on this trip we had very good service at the RC ... seems to have improved!
We were at the RC in early December (pre Sri Lanka, and a TR to come [I've got too many!]) and ended up in a Premier Suite, which we greatly loved. We were in one on the left corner as one faces the harbor, which gave us a great view of the harbor, Marina Sands, the gardens & light show, and a perfectly framed view of the Singapore Flyer from the octagonal bathroom window.

Also felt that service was much improved over our last stay here, several years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.