Search

Best hotel in Stockholm?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2023, 1:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Sorry I missed this last year. It was 600 SEK to upgrade. No other room choices were offered to upgrade to. I am a Globalist and that didn't seem to matter at all. Am looking at returning in August, as we really enjoyed our stay.
Thanks for the update and info.

Globalist at this property doesn’t seem to amount to much — or at least not much more than what Discoverists/Explorists get — but it’s expected as an SLH property. When booking via Hyatt, they could be upgrading by their idea of one category but good luck figuring that out at times. I haven’t been offered an upgrade for a surcharge at hotel check-in, but I’ve also not asked them yet.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Bank is solid and I think probably the overall best choice in Stockholm, though the rooms are a bit tight.
Old May 15, 2024, 6:44 am

Bumping thread for anyone concerned - Spent 2 Nights recently at the Grand. It was nothing short of excellent. Used Amex FHR and was upgraded from the booked Deluxe room to a junior suite in the main hotel and the room was very well appointed, immaculately clean, and had very high functioning climate control. FHR was immediately acknowledged and I was provided with a printout of all of the benefits. Spa was excellent - only had breakfast in the Veranda restaurant buffet which was also very good and had beautiful views. Service was outstanding everywhere we went. I was staying in the At Six earlier and while its nice, there is simply no comparison to the Grand between both the facilities and the location. FWIW - I had originally booked the Deluxe room without a view and was upgraded to the junior suite without a view - but i do think they may have let me stay in a deluxe room WITH a view vs the junior suite - preferred the extra space this time in particular.

Was provided with small welcome gift of some special type of tea (not a tea drinker so not entirely sure the value you'd put on that). Luggage was taken before we even approached welcome desk at 9am (they had no issue with checking in that much earlier, and was still given the upgrade) and was in the room maybe 10 seconds after we were shown to it. Radiant heating in the bathroom was nice, but the AC (for a 'heatwave' in Stockholm) was very welcomed (like to sleep cold). Noise inside the room was non existent. If I ever return to Stockholm, I wouldnt even look at other hotels to stay in.

Last edited by HLA0392; May 15, 2024 at 6:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.