Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beirut Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:53 am

I don't know about Le Gray, but we stayed at the FS Beirut last year - upgraded to a City-View Suite - and loved it. Had some of the best service we've had at any FS there.

Construction was still going on, though it was far removed, so no noise pollution, and as we had a City View, there was no view pollution either.

Rooftop pool is wonderful; thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
FS and Le Grey are a good 15-minute walk apart... Zaitouny Bay next to FS is now open and has a good number of restaurants and coffee shops; very nice area. Across from Le Grey are the Beirut Souks, an open mall type of place with tons of shopping, restaurants and coffee shops.

Enjoy your stay And should you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:56 am

I would say it was a much longer walk than 15 mins from FS to le Gray. More like a cab ride. I personally prefer le Gray to FS - better location, better rooms, better food and equally good service.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:20 am

You took a cab vuittonsofstyle? Seriously? Hmmm... How about I walk from Le Grey to FS this weekend, time myself and post it here for everyone's benefit?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Le...&dirflg=w&z=17
says ~1km walk

BEYFlyer, does that route have sidewalks whole way?

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Yes it does... But I would actually go down Allenby Street (2nd major right) and take Mir Majid Arsalan all the way to the Four Seasons... ...I think it's a little bit "easier" and more scenic that way
>
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Wa...=18&via=1&z=17

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 13, 2013 at 7:19 am
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
You took a cab vuittonsofstyle? Seriously? Hmmm... How about I walk from Le Grey to FS this weekend, time myself and post it here for everyone's benefit?
Limo actually....
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
... 1.1km ?
BEYFlyer, can you confirm route?
That's it Kagehitokiri...

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Apr 11, 2013 at 3:02 am
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Limo actually....
Bad vuittonsofstyle... BAD!!!

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Apr 11, 2013 at 3:03 am
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:27 am

Limo actually....
That probably took longer than walking!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
That probably took longer than walking!
Noooo, not really....
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I'm finally taking a trip to Beirut after several years of trying and do not expect to be back in the near future. I'll be there with a couple other ~30 year old friends and will be looking to have a good time more than sight see, shop, or do other tourist things. Unfortunately, the trip will only be two nights in January so I am not concerned with rooftops, pools, etc.

So is the consensus still that the Le Gray >> the FS? Prices during my dates are about the same, but I would lose the comp breakfast and whatever other benefit booking the FS with a FSPP agent would get me.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:10 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I stayed at Four Seasons last fall and liked it a lot. I have not stayed at Le Gray so cannot compre, but I was very happy with the room, the service, and the location. I was on business so ate all meals out except breakfast so cannot comment on the food! Business colleagues who live there suggested the FS so I assume was a good choice.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by troyb
I'm finally taking a trip to Beirut after several years of trying and do not expect to be back in the near future. I'll be there with a couple other ~30 year old friends and will be looking to have a good time more than sight see, shop, or do other tourist things. Unfortunately, the trip will only be two nights in January so I am not concerned with rooftops, pools, etc.

So is the consensus still that the Le Gray >> the FS? Prices during my dates are about the same, but I would lose the comp breakfast and whatever other benefit booking the FS with a FSPP agent would get me.
Le Gray is decidedly much more fun - an altogether younger hotel right in the heart of things. Amazing entry-level rooms, too - really large.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by troyb

Le Gray is decidedly much more fun - an altogether younger hotel right in the heart of things. Amazing entry-level rooms, too - really large.
The rooftop bar and pool area at the four seasons was very lively at night (almost a nightclub)when we were there last June and with a much younger crowd (20's to late 30's) than le gray though.
If it's a party you want in that age group,with still good service and nice rooms,then it would have to be the four seasons.
Le Gray is nearer other bars (it's own rooftop is small and is too intimate though nice) but still the four S is at most a 10 min walk to them,they're easy found.
The harbour/boardwalk beside the four S has some lovely bars and restaurants that come alive at night.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
The rooftop bar and pool area at the four seasons was very lively at night (almost a nightclub)when we were there last June and with a much younger crowd (20's to late 30's) than le gray though.
If it's a party you want in that age group,with still good service and nice rooms,then it would have to be the four seasons.
Le Gray is nearer other bars (it's own rooftop is small and is too intimate though nice) but still the four S is at most a 10 min walk to them,they're easy found.
The harbour/boardwalk beside the four S has some lovely bars and restaurants that come alive at night.
But if you look at the two hotels overall, Le Gray is much more contemporary (Did you like the art on the walls of FS rooms?!!!). I agree that the FS rooftop is cool - it was something they added to the original design - but if you compare the rooms/suites, then le Gray nails it, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.