Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
surftb15, really odd. they could have easily just not honored, especially depending on who offered. they ask you to keep changing dates (flights), you spend $3K to do so, now no response. minor owns the property.
The GM responded right after my review went live and asked me to remove the review to get sent an offer. I did that and he offered free seaplane and 3 nights water bungalow 3 nights 2 br water for a good rate. 6 nights for 6k. Also this is in rainy season too.

I may check out the new four seasons desroches and use 3 nights at zil Payson. We'll see.

The offer is compelling though.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:41 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by surftb15
The GM responded right after my review went live and asked me to remove the review to get sent an offer. I did that and he offered free seaplane and 3 nights water bungalow 3 nights 2 br water for a good rate. 6 nights for 6k. Also this is in rainy season too.

I may check out the new four seasons desroches and use 3 nights at zil Payson. We'll see.

The offer is compelling though.
The offer is compelling. You should do whatever you think is best for you! But I am troubled by the odd lack of response until TA review gets posted. That doesn't bode well for future good service if the GM is contributing to the service fail. I want a deal--but I also want a good stay and good experience.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
The offer is compelling. You should do whatever you think is best for you! But I am troubled by the odd lack of response until TA review gets posted. That doesn't bode well for future good service if the GM is contributing to the service fail. I want a deal--but I also want a good stay and good experience.
You're right. DavidO emailed him several times to no avail. In fact, I was in Phuket for 10 days and heard nothing. The minute that the TA review goes up the GM magically responds and says "I was just about to respond". Yea, I don't buy it.

At any rate, the GM now says he wants the rate paid in full if I accept. Reason being? I cancelled last minute and put their hotel at a loss. I actually just followed his advice to come during the lower season.

$6k with tax for 6 nights , transfers included, is a good price. I may take it, I may not. I will counter at $6k paid 30 days out, anything can happen with China/India influence in that region.
E_F likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:18 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

You're right. DavidO emailed him several times to no avail. In fact, I was in Phuket for 10 days and heard nothing. The minute that the TA review goes up the GM magically responds and says "I was just about to respond". Yea, I don't buy it.

At any rate, the GM now says he wants the rate paid in full if I accept. Reason being? I cancelled last minute and put their hotel at a loss. I actually just followed his advice to come during the lower season.

$6k with tax for 6 nights , transfers included, is a good price. I may take it, I may not. I will counter at $6k paid 30 days out, anything can happen with China/India influence in that region.
I wouldn't call $6K for 6 nights a good price if they don't deliver good service when I'm there at the Anantara Kihavah. And based on the Anantara Kihavah GM's ineptitude thus far, and the lack of any other response from anyone else at the property, I am of the opinion that they won't deliver good service when I'm actually there. In my opinion,this is not how a luxury property charging $1K/night behaves. This certainly isn't how a luxury hotel GM should behave.

I have no expectation that this property or this GM will treat you or anyone else well once you're there and they have your money. And we already know the GM is fully capable of disappearing before you even arrive. So nope. I would pass and let them consider what might have been had they not been incompetent.

Then I'd put the TripAdvisor review right back up.

Anantara Kihavah and its GM could stand to learn a valuable lesson in service...and how they are not delivering it.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I wouldn't call $6K for 6 nights a good price if they don't deliver good service when I'm there at the Anantara Kihavah. And based on the Anantara Kihavah GM's ineptitude thus far, and the lack of any other response from anyone else at the property, I am of the opinion that they won't deliver good service when I'm actually there. In my opinion,this is not how a luxury property charging $1K/night behaves. This certainly isn't how a luxury hotel GM should behave.

I have no expectation that this property or this GM will treat you or anyone else well once you're there and they have your money. And we already know the GM is fully capable of disappearing before you even arrive. So nope. I would pass and let them consider what might have been had they not been incompetent.

Then I'd put the TripAdvisor review right back up.

Anantara Kihavah and its GM could stand to learn a valuable lesson in service...and how they are not delivering it.
Thats what I was leaning towards too - I was thinking of checking out the new Four Seasons Desroches and Six Senses (have 3 nights there). We shall see. Any other suggestions? this will be late may./june.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:35 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Thats what I was leaning towards too - I was thinking of checking out the new Four Seasons Desroches and Six Senses (have 3 nights there). We shall see. Any other suggestions? this will be late may./june.
Hey, it’s me: I’d recommend the StR Maldives to get your perspective on it!

Seriously, you should consider another property. Any other property where you have a better likelihood of luxury and value—and responsiveness.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:57 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
That doesn't sound good at all. I have a colleague headed to Naladhu in March to check out the place - although under the same branch, hope it's much better.

On that note:
19-21 May: Fullerton Bay
21-25 May: Ritz-Carlton Millenia Bay
25-27 May: The Sanchaya (really excited for this!)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:40 am

We have a little trip to Italy in late April/May. Three nights at a hotel called Palazzo Viviani in the hill village of Montegridolfo followed by two nights in Bologna at the I Portici. The Palazzo Viviani looks exceptionally pretty and we've booked their biggest suite. Hoping for a nice upgrade from SLH at the Portici. This area of Italy is new to us and we'll be renting a car and driving around for three days and then walking around Bologna.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:31 pm

Revised all my travel plans this year after spending a very frustrating time trying to book Maldives or Amanpulo for next Xmas. Too many fees and annoying travel dates to commit so we revised all our entire trip schedule. New confirmed plan is
Third week of June: Barcelona 7 days, probably RC for some of those days
Nov 9-26: China, still working on itinerary but confirmed KAL F JFK-PEK, and CX J Shanghai-HKG-JFK
Feb 12-18- Amanpulo, confirmed SQ suites JFK-FRA-SIN, then J SIN-MLA, and KAL F return. Hopefully SQ updates to the new suites by the time we head out.

Last edited by Anlun; Feb 26, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Anlun
Revised all my travel plans this year after spending a very frustrating time trying to book Maldives or Amanpulo for next Xmas. Too many fees and annoying travel dates to commit so we revised all our entire trip schedule. New confirmed plan is
Third week of June: Barcelona 7 days, probably RC for some of those days
Nov 9-26: China, still working on itinerary but confirmed KAL F JFK-PEK, and CX J Shanghai-HKG-JFK
Feb 12-18- Amanpulo, confirmed SQ suites JFK-FRA-SIN, then J SIN-MLA, and KAL F return. Hopefully SQ updates to the new suites by the time we head out.
We are also trying to sort our trips , with various Amans

Why not return on SQ Suites too ?? End likely perfect Pulo stay
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC

We are also trying to sort our trips , with various Amans

Why not return on SQ Suites too ?? End likely perfect Pulo stay

Hah! If only we could. SQ suites to Pulo is roughly 30+ hour of flight time, and I need to work to fund these ventures! We couldn't take any more time off. KAL is 19 hours (maybe less) or so and we save time going that route. Also, we saved a significant amount of points routing it this way, which enabled us to go F on KAL to China. Good Luck on your Aman bookings! Where are you looking to stay?
We originally had set to do India with a stay in both of the Amans there, the Lodhi, and then head to the Maldives, but because we originally wanted to travel during Xmas, booking was difficult, and the Maldives was next to impossible (inordinate cost coupled with little to no availability).
Any thoughts on whether SQ will upgrade suites be Feb 2019 on SQ25 (JFK-FRA-SIN)? We are really hoping we luck out.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Flying SQ 285 to AKL but on J , will check then with pilots about JFK , etcetera . I do not like being on the lower deck so the new Suites will be good except that the beds do not face forward Would have been lovely to gaze at the stars lying in bed like at some Amans .

Looking forward to Huka Lodge , The George & Matakauri among others this month .

Aman event this evening .

Trying to sort if Galla & Wella this November but too close to Nemu . So maybe in late January or late February but maybe too soon if N’oi or Pulo early January . Need to get update Francis Sean F . Then there is Sara ..
Hope to be back at Puri in May before annual maintenance closure . Then Nusa Villas / Kila in June - August period .
AmanCGV / AmanSS somewhere in between ??
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by jonjparr

the Burj Al Arab (which is vastly improved since they added the pool deck).
Have to disagree. That is still by far the tackiest hotel I have ever been to in my life.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Have to disagree. That is still by far the tackiest hotel I have ever been to in my life.
I´m not really a fan but this is a little harsh. With all failures at least I have unfortunatelly to say that I had to stay in tackier hotels.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Flying Sunday to Cabo for six days at the new Auberge resort, Chileno Bay (https://chilenobay.aubergeresorts.com/).

It features a swimmable beach (rare in Cabo) with lots of water gizmos: kayaks, water bikes (!), SUP boards, snorkle gear, etc. Said to be great snorkling just off the beach.

Three bedroom villa with four bathrooms, deck, terraces, outdoor lounging and private pool. This could be an alternative to Las Ventanas al Paraiso.

Will report back.
SanDiego1K, KI-NRT and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by KatW; Mar 1, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.