Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
March
Six Senses Zil Payson
You never cease to amaze!

Just booked our South Africa trip with stays at The Silo, 21 Nettleton, La Residence, Tswalu, Royal Malewane and The Farmstead.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Just finalized my bigger trips for 2020

April - Spain
Madrid - Wellington Hotel
San Sebastian - Maria Cristina Hotel
Barcelona - Mandarin Oriental (not set on this)

July - Big Sur
Ventana Big Sur

August - Paris (getting engaged)
Ritz Paris

December/January - Paris & Rome
Paris - Ritz Paris & Park Hyatt Paris
Rome - Hotel Eden.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Just finalized my Dec '20 trip:
Georgetown, Guyana (no luxury to be found)
Paramaribo, Suriname (same)
Reykjavik, Iceland (pretty much the same, staying at 101 Hotel)
Vienna, Austria (Hotel Imperial)
Prague, Czech (FS Prague)

Good pre-Christmas/NYE warm up. Also added a few days at the Carlton Cannes in July before St. Tropez and RC Maison D'Orleans in NOLA for a wedding in Oct...now just need to fill the holes in May/July and Nov left by cancelled Asia trips
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Just finalized my Dec '20 trip:
Georgetown, Guyana (no luxury to be found)
Paramaribo, Suriname (same)
Reykjavik, Iceland (pretty much the same, staying at 101 Hotel)
Vienna, Austria (Hotel Imperial)
Prague, Czech (FS Prague)

Good pre-Christmas/NYE warm up. Also added a few days at the Carlton Cannes in July before St. Tropez and RC Maison D'Orleans in NOLA for a wedding in Oct...now just need to fill the holes in May/July and Nov left by cancelled Asia trips
You might find the RC in NOLA to be not great. I enjoyed Maison De La Luz. Curious if the new 4S will be open by then.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sophialite
You might find the RC in NOLA to be not great. I enjoyed Maison De La Luz. Curious if the new 4S will be open by then.
Have stayed a few times, it's def not great , but I know what i'm getting into.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by sophialite
I was just in NOLA staying at the Windsor Court. It doesn't appear the Four Seasons is close to being ready.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
You never cease to amaze!
My wife says the same, but often after I've done something stupid. So I hear it on a daily basis.

It was tough trying to find anywhere Zika friendly, that's warm in Feb/March and somewhere we hadn't already been. As we've already been to Fregate and North Island, this half fulfilled the criteria.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
Just finalized my bigger trips for 2020

April - Spain
Madrid - Wellington Hotel
San Sebastian - Maria Cristina Hotel
Barcelona - Mandarin Oriental (not set on this)

July - Big Sur
Ventana Big Sur

August - Paris (getting engaged)
Ritz Paris

December/January - Paris & Rome
Paris - Ritz Paris & Park Hyatt Paris
Rome - Hotel Eden.
Good for you if you can wait until August. I had big plans about proposing at Amanjiwo but that ring was burning a hole in my pocket like I could not imagine.
Decent chance we are up the road from you in December, currently have an award redemption booked at the PH.

"The jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
Good for you if you can wait until August. I had big plans about proposing at Amanjiwo but that ring was burning a hole in my pocket like I could not imagine.
Decent chance we are up the road from you in December, currently have an award redemption booked at the PH.

"The jerk store called, and they're running out of you!"
I haven't even bought the ring yet and won't until summer. I have patience ha.

We are staying at both the Ritz and PH in December so I'll see you there! But if the year goes well, i'll stick to the Ritz. I highly, highly recommend spending NYE at the Bar Vendome ($650 per person). We did it last year and it was just amazing so we are doing it again.

The PH is great for me because they've been comping me free bfast and bumping me up to a Deluxe room on award stays after I absolutely lost it with the management for something stupid that happened last August.

"Well I slept with your wife!"

Last edited by Jerkstore; Mar 5, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:15 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
March - TBD but likely one of the below:
Baccarat NYC
Amangiri
Chable Maroma

May/June:
Amanpuri
Cheval Blanc Randheli
Velaa Private Island
Amandari
Amanjiwo
Amankila
Rosewood Hong Kong

July:
Amanera
Four Seasons Palm Beach
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
March - TBD but likely one of the below:
Baccarat NYC
Amangiri
Chable Maroma

May/June:
Amanpuri
Cheval Blanc Randheli
Velaa Private Island
Amandari
Amanjiwo
Amankila
Rosewood Hong Kong

July:
Amanera
Four Seasons Palm Beach
We might have overlapped at Amanjiwo if I didn’t cancel my stay! As the virus seems to be spreading, you don’t have any concerns about Asia-Pacific travel in the next few months?
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:56 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
We might have overlapped at Amanjiwo if I didn’t cancel my stay! As the virus seems to be spreading, you don’t have any concerns about Asia-Pacific travel in the next few months?
Shoot!! Too bad. Would have been fun to meet

As I have a number of clients visiting the SE Asia region soon (Jiwo, Kila, Pulo, Maldives, etc...) I've been chatting with the teams about the virus and they have eased my mind about it. Especially for a June visit. A lot can happen between now and June so I'll be keeping an eye on things and will adjust as needed but years of traveling despite what's going on around the world has raised my risk tolerance a bit. We flew to Amanpulo just after the ISIS attack in 2017. Was nervous to a degree but just wanted to be at Pulo too much and it ended up being a fabulous trip. LOL!

Last edited by BESVISOR; Feb 21, 2020 at 3:02 pm
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Shoot!! Too bad. Would have been fun to meet

As I have a number of clients visiting the SE Asia region soon (Jiwo, Kila, Pulo, Maldives, etc...) I've been chatting with the teams about the virus and they have eased my mind about it. Especially for a June visit. A lot can happen between now and June so I'll be keeping an eye on things and will adjust as needed but years of traveling despite what's going on around the world has raised my risk tolerance a bit. We flew to Amanpulo just after the ISIS attack in 2017. Was nervous to a degree but just wanted to be at Pulo too much and it ended up being a fabulous trip. LOL!
Best of luck! Yea, it's a situation we all need to stay on top of, hopefully they get it under control. I landed at IST literally hours after the attack a few years back (it happened while I was in the air and I didn't learn of it until we landed), but i'm more worried about fast spreading disease. When there's a terror attack, you figure it's a one off event, not part of a guerrilla campaign (usually).
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:14 pm
formerly htang333

Best of luck! Yea, it's a situation we all need to stay on top of, hopefully they get it under control. I landed at IST literally hours after the attack a few years back (it happened while I was in the air and I didn't learn of it until we landed), but i'm more worried about fast spreading disease. When there's a terror attack, you figure it's a one off event, not part of a guerrilla campaign (usually).
Agreed!!
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:24 pm

December is looking like

Rosewood Phuket
Al Maha
Bvlgari London
Barcelona still TBD but would like Hotel Arts/Ritz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.