Wiki Posts
Search

Croatia Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just 6 A32S is to small a fleet to make sense for a standalone airline. As is 6 props for regional flights...
Are you suggesting there ought to be a minimum requirement for fleet size?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Of course not, you can have two A320 like Druk Air in Bhutan and still be fine, but the cost of operating an airline is prohibitive with a small fleet. As a result you will make a loss and be eventually dependent on perpetual state aid. Why should 4 million Croatians pay for such thing?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Of course not, you can have two A320 like Druk Air in Bhutan and still be fine, but the cost of operating an airline is prohibitive with a small fleet. As a result you will make a loss and be eventually dependent on perpetual state aid. Why should 4 million Croatians pay for such thing?
So that they are not beholden to Lufthansa?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lhrpete
So that they are not beholden to Lufthansa?
Worse things could happen. We could be beholden to siphoning our tax money to a failing airline operation.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
They don’t help themselves. Today I and many others were offloaded the FRA to SPU flight because ‘Croatia is not allowing anyone in except Croatian citizens due to Covid-19’. This is surely not right - the border to Croatia is open albeit with self-imposed isolation required for UK and selected other citizens (which is fine fine for me - I have a home there, which I now can’t get to - on that carrier anyway). Fully intend to apply for denied boarding compensation but I would have been much happier travelling as planned and giving them my money.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by volar
They don’t help themselves. Today I and many others were offloaded the FRA to SPU flight because ‘Croatia is not allowing anyone in except Croatian citizens due to Covid-19’. This is surely not right - the border to Croatia is open albeit with self-imposed isolation required for UK and selected other citizens (which is fine fine for me - I have a home there, which I now can’t get to - on that carrier anyway). Fully intend to apply for denied boarding compensation but I would have been much happier travelling as planned and giving them my money.
I imagine it’s the authorities decision & not OU, however I’m in a similar predicament one of my homes is there & currently inaccessible.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
I imagine it’s the authorities decision & not OU, however I’m in a similar predicament one of my homes is there & currently inaccessible.

Notice from March 12th on the website, in Croatian language, states that all Croatian citizens are in self-imposed isolation, all foreigners should show proof of accommodation and organize self-imposed isolation, if they can't do that then they can accept quarantine on their own expense, if not they are returned to the country of arrival. And all international arrivals are rescheduled to flights to Zagreb, Zagreb will accept all international arrivals on OU (don't know for other carriers).
chris63 and volar like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:08 pm

I fly OU fairly frequently and I'm not a fan though they're generally just ok.
Today, though, I'm thankful they haven't been cutting their schedules left and right, and they allowed transit via ZAG to third countries, and that was quite a big win today.
No drink services, though, as they "cannot pour, but only serve whole containers..."
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aleant
Notice from March 12th on the website, in Croatian language, states that all Croatian citizens are in self-imposed isolation, all foreigners should show proof of accommodation and organize self-imposed isolation, if they can't do that then they can accept quarantine on their own expense, if not they are returned to the country of arrival. And all international arrivals are rescheduled to flights to Zagreb, Zagreb will accept all international arrivals on OU (don't know for other carriers).
Correct, and I was willing and able to comply with the self-isolation requirement and had the necessary proof but it seems that the decision not to take foreign nationals on the flight to Split was OU’s rather than anything official. Presumably they wanted to avoid having to return people who were unable to comply since the self-isolation / quarantine ruling was very new.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by volar
Correct, and I was willing and able to comply with the self-isolation requirement and had the necessary proof but it seems that the decision not to take foreign nationals on the flight to Split was OU’s rather than anything official. Presumably they wanted to avoid having to return people who were unable to comply since the self-isolation / quarantine ruling was very new.
You should apply for compensation and I understand your frustration but IMO, it was a responsible move on their part (unless essential personnel were denied boarding). Only people getting home (i.e. residents) or medical/other essential personnel should be allowed to fly now. But the fact that they did it unofficially was not okay.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: Miles&More/Iberia plus
Any idea on the inflight service in business class nowadays?

I was supposed to be flying Split-Brussels via Vienna on OS and SN, but the SN flight Got cancelled

the best alternatieve timewise is OU through Zagreb, so we got rebooked on them
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by csb001

I was supposed to be flying Split-Brussels via Vienna on OS and SN, but the SN flight Got cancelled

​​​​​​​
Did not fly them since February, but their site, in Croatian, states that only a bottle of water is served.

Last edited by aleant; Aug 5, 2020 at 1:16 pm
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by csb001

flew ZAG-ZRH last week; bottle of water and disinfectant wipes. Not a word throughout the whole flight except “hi, welcome on board” and “goodbye”.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Generally, I have had positive experiences with OU and last week was no exception.

I was receiving conflicting messages regarding the negative Covid-19 test requirement for Canadians arriving in the country and after a couple of back and forth emails with the Croatian Embassy in Rome, I was advised that in my situation I would be fine without the test due to my recent travel history.

Given the potential for issues at FCO check-in (Italian third-party check-in company working OU flights...) I stopped by the OU office and the two staff members were excellent. They went so far as to call over to their DBV colleagues to reconfirm with Croatian police that I will not have to self-islolate nor have the test at least 48 hours before arrival.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OU is looking at more aircraft, it looks like 12-15 of A319/A223 size:

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/croati...gzeuge-zulegen
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.