FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/982019-connecting-frankfurt-fra-2009-2023-retired.html)

whole9yards Dec 1, 2012 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 19777913)
Are you scheduled to fly on LH907?

No, LH903

eriond Dec 1, 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by whole9yards (Post 19778160)
No, LH903

Ah, I see it now, both 903 and 907 were cancelled on 1st Dec.

whole9yards Dec 1, 2012 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 19778466)
Ah, I see it now, both 903 and 907 were cancelled on 1st Dec.

Really? Does it say why? This worries me a lot

MarcoGT Dec 2, 2012 2:41 am

Hi all,

I have connected only twice in FRA, three years ago :)
In one month I will fly MXP - FRA - HAM.
I think connection will be very easy and fast, isn't it?
I have 2,5 hours connection.

Things to do and to see? Any chance to see A380? I will be in FRA between 4.30pm and 7pm.

Thanks

iainbhx Dec 2, 2012 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by MarcoGT (Post 19780700)
Hi all,

Things to do and to see? Any chance to see A380? I will be in FRA between 4.30pm and 7pm.

Thanks

Schengen to Schengen is as fast as it gets at FRA so 2.5 hours will be absolutely fine. I must admit it's not an airport I like to linger in to see things unless it is the FCL B. But having a look at the new A+ pier must be useful to kill some time.

MarcoGT Dec 3, 2012 1:02 am

I haven't looked yet.
Will I be at new the pier?

NewbieRunner Dec 3, 2012 1:31 am

Originally Posted by MarcoGT (Post 19780700)
Hi all,

Thanks

The best place for seeing LH A380s used to be the Visitors' Terrace above T2 when they used C13-16 gates. LH A380s are now using the new Z gates, so you should be able to see them from Pier A/A+. However, I'm not sure if there are any A380s in late afternoon when you are in FRA.

The atrium area and the new Pier A+ might be interesting to look at if you haven't been to FRA for a while.

Originally Posted by MarcoGT (Post 19785774)
Will I be at new the pier?

Your flights are likely to use A gates but A and A+ are linked together. Check this detailed map of A/A+.

MarcoGT Dec 3, 2012 1:37 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 19785840)
The best place for seeing LH A380s used to be the Visitors' Terrace above T2 when they used C13-16 gates. LH A380s are now using the new Z gates, so you should be able to see them from Pier A/A+. However, I'm not sure if there are any A380s in late afternoon when you are in FRA.

The atrium area and the new Pier A+ might be interesting to look at if you haven't been to FRA for a while.

Your flights are likely to use A gates but A and A+ are linked together. Check this detailed map of A/A+.

Last time I was in FRA was August 2009 :)

Thanks for info :)

gusd Dec 3, 2012 6:43 pm

Simulate route on FRA airport android app

I've just noticed on the FRA app for android that there is now a feature where you can simulate navigation to specific points in the airport, including gates. It gives you directions, and you can also pause the navigation if you want to use it while actually walking to the gate. Has anybody used this, is it accurate?

acousticbiker Dec 6, 2012 5:38 am

55 minute connection time (LH) in Frankfurt?

I'm flying LH from GVA-FRA-DEN on the following itinerary:

LUFTHANSA - LH 1213
SAT 15DEC GENEVA CH FRANKFURT DE 0815 0940
GENEVA INTERNATIONA FRANKFURT INTL
NON STOP TERMINAL M TERMINAL 1 DURATION 1:25
RESERVATION CONFIRMED- W ECONOMY
ON BOARD: SNACK
EQUIPMENT:BOEING 737-300

LUFTHANSA - LH 446
SAT 15DEC FRANKFURT DE DENVER CO 1035 1245
FRANKFURT INTL DENVER INTL
NON STOP TERMINAL 1 DURATION 10:10
RESERVATION CONFIRMED- W ECONOMY
ON BOARD: MEAL
EQUIPMENT:BOEING 747-400
SEAT 55D NO SMOKING CONFIRMED

Do you think 55 minutes is enough connection time?

My other option is to take GVA-IAD-DEN on UA in Economy Plus but that takes a few hours longer and would get me home much later in the day.

RTW1 Dec 6, 2012 6:09 am

It's going to be close, especially if your arriving flight is using the bus to get you to the terminal. I wouldn't risk it if missing your connection will cause a substantial delay.

agoldstein Dec 9, 2012 7:23 am

Is this routing advisable?

Looking at a couple of different routings from DEN to DXB via the LH family. This will be in C (all legs). I am currently DEN-FRA-DXB. The problem for me is that the last leg arrives a lot later in Dubai than I'd like (arrives at 12:05am). I am considering re-routing as follows:

DEN-FRA (LH), 135 minute layover, FRA-VIE (OS), 55 minute layover, VIE-DXB (OS).

OR

DEN-FRA (LH), 80 minute layover, FRA-ZRH (LH), 120 minute layover, ZRH-DXB (LX).

Either way, I will have a checked bag. Which would be better?

FlyingStefan Dec 9, 2012 7:29 am

Originally Posted by agoldstein (Post 19823037)
DEN-FRA (LH), 135 minute layover, FRA-VIE (OS), 55 minute layover, VIE-DXB (OS).

I will be checking luggage. Is this doable?

More than 2 hours should be more than enough for passport control and getting to the VIE-gate. Hence, you should be fine in FRA. Regarding VIE, they advertise a minimum connecting time of 25min, thus 55min should also be OK (you need to leave Schengen area in VIE, hence an additional passport control)

NewbieRunner Dec 9, 2012 7:34 am

Originally Posted by agoldstein (Post 19823037)

OR

DEN-FRA (LH), 80 minute layover, FRA-ZRH (LH), 120 minute layover, ZRH-DXB (LX).

Either way, I will have a checked bag. Which would be better?

135 mins in FRA is safer than 80 mins. Make sure to check your baggage through to DXB so you don't need to worry about it until you reach your destination.

davedior Dec 11, 2012 4:24 am

Hey everyone!

I have upcoming flights that take me from AMS-FRA-NRT, flight LH1003 Arrive 8:30 AM and then depart at 13:35 on LH710 (A380) all on the same ticket.

I have an EU passport and transit time is about 5 hours in Frankfurt. Put my SAS EB *G on my tickets.

I would like to ask about some tips and tricks for *G transiting in Frankfurt and which is the nicest lounge to use to relax in? Are the flights arriving and departing in Pier A?

This is the first time transiting in Frankfurt as a *G, so any advice is appreciated!