More Seats for Less 30APR-04MAY2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:57 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Official LH Real Person
More Seats for Less 30APR-04MAY2009

Hi everyone,

Again we will have a "More Seats for Less" promotion on many longhaul routes beginning tomorrow. Several markets are participating, including the US.

You should check for your next trip as it will be easier during these days to find seats in the lower fare buckets.

Happy booking,
Michelle
Old Apr 29, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Thanks for the information ^
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Lower fare buckets include Z ?

...problem is, we have a complete corporate wide travel ban for Mexico, US and Canada ... swine flu
Old Apr 29, 2009, 6:20 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Originally Posted by Rambuster

...problem is, we have a complete corporate wide travel ban for Mexico, US and Canada ... swine flu
Lower coach fare buckets :P

Really? Then they should also ban travel to Spain, UK, Israel, India... and Deutschland

But there are still many beautiful countries you could and should visit @:-)
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:29 pm
hch

If it's just banning corporate travel and you wouldn't use these offers anyway, would you? Or do they want to ban your personal travel, too? I'd really love to see that rule stand in court...
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by LHrelate
But there are still many beautiful countries you could and should visit @:-)
you're right. go to the UAE. They banned pork imports today to protect against flu
"the government has banned all imports of pork meat...as a precautionary measure against swine flu...despite assurances from WHO that it is not possible to contract the flu virus from pork meat."
Old Apr 30, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
you're right. go to the UAE. They banned pork imports today to protect against flu
"the government has banned all imports of pork meat...as a precautionary measure against swine flu...despite assurances from WHO that it is not possible to contract the flu virus from pork meat."
That's why scientists suggested to rename Swine flu into "american flu" or "new flu"

But back to topic: Has anyone made use of the promotion so far?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hch
If it's just banning corporate travel and you wouldn't use these offers anyway, would you? Or do they want to ban your personal travel, too? I'd really love to see that rule stand in court...
Of course personal travel has not been banned ... and correct, I would not use these offers either, as I don't do longhaul whY !
I'm just saying that business trips to US,Mexico and Canada are off limits right now. (And actually to UK and Spain too, but we just ignore this ...)

Last edited by Rambuster; Apr 30, 2009 at 2:15 am
Old Apr 30, 2009, 2:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
(And actually to UK and Spain too, but we just ignore this ...)
Is it because there are 5 confirmed cases in the UK? I thought there was at least one in Germany now.

Back to the topic, nothing ex-UK but LH.com in Germany appears to be advertising additional seats.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:00 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I've checked differnt LH homepages but couldn't find the fares for this promo. Looks like it has not been published yet.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: Miles & More
I had the same experience
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
couldn't find the promo
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:16 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Great offers to worldwide destinations - many extra seats from Thursday to Monday
Book your flight to the USA and Canada now and fly with Lufthansa to e.g. Boston, Chicago, New York, Toronto or Washington.
Great offers to worldwide destinations - many extra seats from Thursday to Monday
Book your flight to Asia, Afrca or the Arabian Peninsula now and fly with Lufthansa to e.g. Bangkok, Beijing, Dubai or Hong Kong.
on lh.com's German site but links are not working.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Miles & More
It seems Cyprus is not covered. Is it possible to get a listing of the markets covered?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:46 pm
hch

Originally Posted by CubaLibre
Given that the UAE is a predominantly islamic country that might just be a cover reason for some fantic in the ministry? Then again much of the UAE is pretty liberal compared to many of their neighbours..

Ok, stop it now before we get deep into OMNI material

Last edited by hch; Apr 30, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.