Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH: No Safety Briefings (FRA-SFO)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 4:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH plays a briefing video on intercont aircraft unless the equipment is inop. Are you sure there was no safety briefing on the overhead monitors?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH plays a briefing video on intercont aircraft unless the equipment is inop. Are you sure there was no safety briefing on the overhead monitors?
Yes, for sure. Equip worked in flight for the movie.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I replied that I'd rather have a XX beer instead, which was duely served and she was done !
What is an XX beer ?

I know XXXX beer (no that is not XXX or another form of grown up entertainment for the Americans among us!) ... but I have never heard of an XX beer.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by weero
What is an XX beer ?
Dos Equis. You got the "eek" right!
I know XXXX beer (no that is not XXX or another form of grown up entertainment for the Americans among us!) ... but I have never heard of an XX beer.
That's even better! Especially from a FA...
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by andre1970
Dos Equis. You got the "eek" right! ...
Wolf Almighty!

That thing does exist to the power of .
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:14 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
I know XXXX beer
Or, as Pterry says, Fourecks. Castlemaine got itself one helluva advertisement among Terry Pratchett fans.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: LH
if the system fails, they do the safty instructions "manually". There is no excuse (except for Avianca and otherairlines that should be blacklisted) for not having the safty instructions.
Some times, it happend, that we airborne and I realized that I missed the introduction because I was fully occupied ikn a conversation.
From time to time, they skip the instruction in Business, when I am the only customer. They say, I fly more than them anyway ....
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:24 am

Put some of the new Chinese LoCo's also on the ban list. Most of them do it in Mandarin only or forget about it completely like China Northeastern Arlines
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Fendant
Put some of the new Chinese LoCo's also on the ban list. Most of them do it in Mandarin only or forget about it completely like China Northeastern Arlines
Well if I had to choose between the in depth safety briefings I get on American carriers or the hot chicks that stuff you with food in the Chinese airlines, I'd pick ... ah WGASA ... others may well sing the mantra "better safe and sorry" ...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Well, TUIfly doesn't do English either unless you manage to read with eagle eyes on their tiny screens (and my eye doctor always tells me my eyes are great) and nobody cares...
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Well, TUIfly doesn't do English either unless you manage to read with eagle eyes on their tiny screens (and my eye doctor always tells me my eyes are great) and nobody cares...
The absolute opposite:
LX - only English
I think it's because they can't decide which is their native language.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by steffen0212
I think it's because they can't decide which is their native language.
Naah - some of the short hops will have landed again before they have run through all four home languages...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:07 pm

Wow, I thought under the Star Alliance they are always supposed to do the safety features at departures and landings or something like. Cant the company be sued if not following the proper procedures?.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Employees of * will not face as many obstacles on their way into C in comparison with other airlines.

The FAA and the respective European authorities would fine LH and any other airline massively, if they do not follow those guidelines, however I cannot imagine LH being caught.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by GinaA143
Wow, I thought under the Star Alliance they are always supposed to do the safety features at departures and landings or something like. Cant the company be sued if not following the proper procedures?.
An airline would definitely get in trouble if they would fail to not do proper safety briefings which is of course not the case with Lufthansa. Human mistakes happen and if they don't do it out of a 1000 flights, so what.

I have never heard about safety briefings before/after landing though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.