Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint to Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Complaint to Lufthansa

I want to file a complaint with Luftsana. Does anyone know who I should contact? I am having problems filing complaint online.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 7:47 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
Hi lily3230,

I'm sorry that you have any complaint. I work for Lufthansa and though I'm not in Customer Relations, I try to direct FlyerTalkers there when they need help.

If you could fill out the form at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate it will come directly to me and I will make sure my colleagues receive it on Monday.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Best,
Michelle
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:30 am

Besides the nice offer to help from Michelle; did you check out LH's website, yet? I found it relatively easy to find the specific adresses on the website. I am talking about the German branche though (and US, but that one wasn't for a complaint but for a kuddos), don't know in which country you'ld want to file a complaint.

I wouldn't just file a complaint online, though. I would follow up through normal snailmail, at least. Most importantly of all because somehow I've got the idea that going through snailmail makes it easier to get to the right person/department and makes a little more impression. (writing a letter takes more effort than filling out a form and sending an email). Also maybe it's just me (hopefully ), but I found a lack of any response to expressing a particular complaint through email and over the phone whereas filing the same complaint on paper did get response. Can't say anything about the outcome, as we're still in the progress of working on it, but at least getting response is step 1.

Good luck.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by lily3230
I want to file a complaint with Luftsana.
Maybe you should search for Lufthansa.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
So, what's the complaint ?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: M&M
that he could not fill out an online complaint form.

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rambuster
The webpage luftsana.com doesn't work properly.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: LH
By the way, a warm welcome to FT, lily3230
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
The webpage luftsana.com doesn't work properly.

Welcome to FT and the M&M forum lily3230!
I corrected the title.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:20 am

Angry Lufthansa US complaints

I had an incident with Lufthansa US reservations yesterday and have gone through all online threats, postings, etc. This is what I have done so far.
I have contacted the Lufthansa US Corporate Office in NJ, described the issue and my incident and was told to speak to Suzanne R[.], Customer Relations, and call Suzanne directly at 516.296.[...]. I have not heard back from Ms. R[.] as of yet. I have also sent an E-mail to [email protected] which goes to Lufthansa Customer Relations North America.

This is what happened to me yesterday. I travel a lot and usually take my miniature Maltese dogs with me in cabin. They, two little 5.5 pounds each dogs, fit comfortably in one small dog carry on bag. I have traveled with Lufthansa back to Germany before, both dogs in cabin, under my seat in one bag and the total weight was around 14 pounds but not exceeding their allowed 17 pounds. I called several times yesterday to check on dates and if other pets would already be traveling or on board on these particular dates. I was told that they usually allow only one dog per passenger in cabin, but when I explained that I always travel with them together in one bag, how small they were etc., they okayed it. I went ahead and booked my ticket online for December 12th, and was told to call back and add the dogs to the ticket after my online purchase. I called back and the story changed. The agent I talked to was rude and told me that this is it and only one dog is allowed not two. I asked to speak to a manager, who was even more rude and completely arrogant. He cancelled my ticket and told me that he would send the cancellation E-mail immediately. He never informed me about the refund not being immediate, when I got the E-mail, there was no mention of an amount or refund or ticket number or anything. I called back and was told that they would send me a refund within 6 - 8 weeks. This is just unacceptable and I feel that they absolutely tricked me into a situation, then cancelled my itinerary and are now holding onto my monies. Is this how Lufthansa US works now? Having flown with Lufthansa before and knowing how great they can be, how well respected they are in Germany, this kind of incident should never happen. I am shocked! Suzanne R[.], Lufthansa US, where is the customer relations here?

Last edited by oliver2002; Nov 16, 2011 at 7:24 am Reason: removed full name as per FT TOS
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Orl2011
.....they would send me a refund within 6 - 8 weeks....
6-8 weeks for refund is pretty standard.@:-) Once it took me more than 6 months to receive credit card refund from BA.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
If you are in the US, contact the credit card issuer and dispute the charge. They will not charge you pending resolution with the merchant.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I have traveled with Lufthansa back to Germany before, both dogs in cabin, under my seat in one bag and the total weight was around 14 pounds but not exceeding their allowed 17 pounds.
If I were sitting behind you, you would be in quite some trouble with me. The space under your seat, belongs to my feet - and my feet only.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by chumbawumba
By the way, a warm welcome to FT, lily3230
why ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.