Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which FRA lounge to use on JFK (F) FRA (J) MAN connection?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Which FRA lounge to use on JFK (F) FRA (J) MAN connection?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but, with the new FRA lounge openings, I can't find it.

I'm flying JFK-FRA (in LH F) arriving at 05:35 and connecting to FRA-MAN (in LH J) departing 08:10. Which is the best lounge to use as a *G on an F itinerary?

Thanks for any suggestions.

C
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:43 am
hch

Originally Posted by Corpt
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but, with the new FRA lounge openings, I can't find it.

I'm flying JFK-FRA (in LH F) arriving at 05:35 and connecting to FRA-MAN (in LH J) departing 08:10. Which is the best lounge to use as a *G on an F itinerary?
The FCL B.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:44 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Corpt

Thanks for any suggestions.

C
What hch said.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hch
The FCL B.
Originally Posted by Ari
What hch said.
Thanks for the quick responses.^

Will I have any problem with opening hours at that time of morning (05:30-08:00)? lufthansa.com suggests the FCL B opens at 07:00. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: A Few
I don't mean to hijack this thread...but I would prefer to not start another lounge access question thread.

I'm arriving in LH F from YVR. I have a 23 hour connection in FRA before departing in LX J to ZRH connecting to LX F to SIN.

Can I use the FCT in Frankfurt departing in LX J connecting to LX F in ZRH?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 4:39 pm
bsd

Programs: UA 1MM, NZ Gold Elite
I too have been lurking on similar threads - about FCT access and the like.. I'm on LH F flying in from SIN to FRA (arrive around 6 am) and connecting to EDI on LH C class departs around noon. I presume that like the OP I am also connecting to non-Schengen and therefore using a B gate. So my question is very similar.

However, I note from LH's website that access to the FCL in B is restricted to passengers flying to the US from 7.00 am to 2 pm:

"The First Class Lounge at gate B26 behind the special USA control check is open for you from 7:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. From 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. is exclusively reserved for our guests flying to the USA."

How does this square with the advice given earlier in this thread?

Originally Posted by hch
The FCL B.
If the OP is flying to MAN would he be admitted to the FCL B? And if not, should he go to the FCT, or elsewhere.

TIA
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by bsd
However, I note from LH's website that access to the FCL in B is restricted to passengers flying to the US from 7.00 am to 2 pm:

TIA

The refers to the old B lounge, which is now closed. Not true at all now. FCL in B is for all pax. Also, I'd be surprised if it doesn't open around 5:30.

Very nice lounge. I prefer it to the FCT in some ways.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:59 am
hch

Originally Posted by 2035
The refers to the old B lounge, which is now closed. Not true at all now.
Even back when B-West was reserved for US departures during half the day that wasn't true. If you really wanted to you could always endure the second screening to go the lounge.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by hch
The FCL B.
Total FRA newbie here: is FCL B the same as the "Senator B" lounged listed on Lufthansa.com?

Tks
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
is FCL B the same as the "Senator B" lounged listed on Lufthansa.com?
No, the FCL B (First Class Lounge B) is different from the Senator B lounge. It's listed on lufthansa.com as "New Lufthansa First Class Lounge Terminal B, 3rd level, near gate B22". More information may be found in this press release.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.