Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification required re M+M SEN requalification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G , LH G , VV G , Marriott G
Clarification required re M+M SEN requalification criteria

Hello to all of you M+M experts out there !
I have a few questions concerning the programme , I would really appreciate your expertise . I am based in the UK and have acquired Lufthansa Sen status recently . so here are my questions .....
1/ I need 100,000 status miles to requalify , can I accrue these miles on any Star Alliance carrier ?
2/ To get the e-vouchers , must all travel be accrued on LH ?
3/ I also receive an executive bonus of 25 percent . However looking at my statement , it seems that this is not applied ..here are 2 examples :
ZRH LHR J SR base miles 2000 , exec bonus 500 =25 percent
VIE TYO J OS base miles 11398 , exec bonus 1425 , this doesnot equal 25 percent , as the J class miles = 200 percent , it would seem that the executive bonus applies to 100 percent ? is my perception correct ?

I have contacted the m+m helpdesk but have had conflicting answers , many thanks for your clarification .

Best regards

Andy
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Hi Andy!

There is a wonderful feature called search and even though it doesn't work properly at any given point of time it normally does the trick. All your questions have been answered more than once in this forum and most of them can be found in the M&M Forum Guide which is a sticky in this forum.

To make it short:
1/ Yes!
2/ No!
3/ 25% of the base miles (actual flown miles) and NOT 25% of base incl. cabin bonus! So everything is correct.

Take Care!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by totti
3/ 25% of the base miles (actual flown miles) and NOT 25% of base incl. cabin bonus! So everything is correct.
Sorry to be pedantic but in case of intra-European flights, the base miles are 2000 for Business and 750 for Economy, so they are not the actual flown miles.

Wecome to the M&M forum, andyuk49!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Sorry to be pedantic but in case of intra-European flights, the base miles are 2000 for Business and 750 for Economy, so they are not the actual flown miles.
Sorry to be pedantic too but in case of intra-european flights you firstly have to make a distinction between domestic and international. Secondly it depends on the booking class and lastly on the operating airline. For LH it looks something like this:

Code:

Cabin     Booking Class        Fixed Miles
                            Europ.Dom.  Europ. Intern.  
Business  C,D,J,Z             1500          2000
Economy   B, Y                1000          1250          
Economy   P                   1000          n/a       
Economy   G, H, K, M, Q, V    500           750       
Economy   S, W, U             500           750   
Economy   E, L, T             125           125
But in the end you are correct and it is not actual flown miles but fixed miles and the 25% are calculated on this basis.

Cheers!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by totti
Sorry to be pedantic too but in case of intra-european flights you firstly have to make a distinction between domestic and international. Secondly it depends on the booking class and lastly on the operating airline.
Of course you are right! I didn't know LH also had Punishment class I read about on the SK forum.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I didn't know LH also had Punishment class I read about on the SK forum.
P was introduced last year so it is a fairly new fare bucket.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA G , LH G , VV G , Marriott G
Sorry for the tardiness of my reply , thanks very much to Totti and Newbierunner for the info , I duly studied the sticker ! , however I still have another question about e-vouchers .........
If I earn 200,000 status miles in any given year , does this mean I will earn 2 e-vouchers or 4 ?

Thanks again for your patience ......
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by andyuk49
Sorry for the tardiness of my reply , thanks very much to Totti and Newbierunner for the info , I duly studied the sticker ! , however I still have another question about e-vouchers .........
If I earn 200,000 status miles in any given year , does this mean I will earn 2 e-vouchers or 4 ?

Thanks again for your patience ......
2 per SEN requalification
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by GK1998
2 per SEN requalification
And even if you earn another 200K miles in the second year.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
even if you earn >600k status miles in the first year, some on the wrong airlines
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
even if you earn >600k status miles in the first year, some on the wrong airlines
Do I hear some bitterness there - but I agree it is a b**ch to be over the threshold and not get HON and then be stuffed with 2 lousy eVouchers on top of that. If at least they would give enough for upgrading one long-haul RT. Ohh and please no one mention that one can always upgrade using 50K miles - I know and I think it is one of the worst rip-offs vs. boking a full award ticket.

Anyway - we all suffer. What's new

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.