Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HON award booking guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It says right there: As long as tickets are available for purchase. There is no restriction to specific booking classes. The most expensive fare buckets are fine for this.
Or is your question which booking classes designate business class on LH?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
It says right there: As long as tickets are available for purchase. There is no restriction to specific booking classes. The most expensive fare buckets are fine for this.
Or is your question which booking classes designate business class on LH?
Again: I have read that and I have understood what it says. But having been through the process in the past, I do remember that the rule isn't quite as straightforward as it is written there, therefore quoting it to me again does not really answer the question. Whenever I used the booking guarantee in the past, the agents were looking for a specific booking class to be available.

If you have been trough the process, could you share your experience? What was the booking class the agents were looking for?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Ok, sorry, I’m not a HON myself. My friend who is a HON told me that the booking class does not matter at all, only the cabin class.
We ended up not going forward with this because with his calendar and especially the pandemic, it just seemed to uncertain if all of us would be able to travel together.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Again: I have read that and I have understood what it says. But having been through the process in the past, I do remember that the rule isn't quite as straightforward as it is written there, therefore quoting it to me again does not really answer the question. Whenever I used the booking guarantee in the past, the agents were looking for a specific booking class to be available.

If you have been trough the process, could you share your experience? What was the booking class the agents were looking for?
The rules are clear, the one time I asked for availability for 3 of us the seats were available and the booking class wasn’t mentioned by the agent, online only C was available, in the end we decided not to proceed & made alternative arrangements, maybe you got a less than competent agent ?
When the rules are clear & precise, they should follow them
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SEN WL is B in economy and D in business for LH. HON is any BK in the cabin.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Just trying to do some availability searches myself on EF rather than call HON Circle and make them go through several destinations and several dates.

So what exactly is the paid fare class that needs to be available? D class, minimum 4 seats, right?
even on a J2 C0 flight you could Book 2 award seats.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
OK, thanks for that. Then the agent I spoke to last time may have mixed up the SEN WL booking class with the rule for HON. She did look up (I think to remember) D class, but from what you write here there was no need to do that. Good to know.

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:50 am

HON award booking guarantee on which airlines?

Hello,
I just booked a M&M award South America-Europe, outside the 14 day window.
All award classes on LH & LX were booked up, but I did not worry since the HON booking guarantee would apply.
To my surprise I learnt from two different agents that the 14 day award booking guarantee is only valid on LH & OS, not on LX metal. At my request, I asked one agent to establish a waitlist booking on LX and it would not clear. The waitlist booking on LH would then clear right away, as expected.
Is this indeed correct? Always been like this?
Best,
CalFlyer
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:02 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
LX works like clock work every time. Just call the LX core customer care team.
But: For the HON preferred award to work there needs to be at least the amount of seats you want in the class you want it to be available (so J1 for example at least for one business seat). If its J0 then it might work (they can do magic at times), but usually it does not get confirmed.
So maybe LX is on 0 availability for the days you tried?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:48 pm

Interesting. The Swiss flight had paid business rather wide open (incl. Z class seats), yet the request from the LH call center would not clear. Next time I will look up and call the LX number.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:06 pm

I personally used the guarantee on LX a couple of times, even through LH Hotline. But the last time was 3 years ago - wondering if that’s an enhancement?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
As a general rule with LX awards of any type it’s better to call the LX line and save yourself the trouble.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
May I ask if this benefit still works like clock work?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by LHSEN
May I ask if this benefit still works like clock work?
It does
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:08 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
1) Does the HON award guarantee work with Meilenschnäppchen?
2) the rules say that a HON sponsor must travel in the same service class. It does not say booking class so in theory I should be able to be on a paid C ticket and my family on a C award. But have never tried it myself and posters above say HON muss be on award too which is really idiotic IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.