Wiki Posts
Search

Shower at OS lounge in VIE?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Shower at OS lounge in VIE?

I will be transiting in VIE (flying OS C class on both legs) and am also a *A Gold member - is there somewhere I could have a shower at VIE without too much fuss?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes the non-schengen SEN lounge definitely has a shower. I can't recall about the other lounges.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL
There is also a shower in the non-schengen Business lounge, but no shower in the schengen Business lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes the non-schengen SEN lounge definitely has a shower
I don't think it does, unless it's changed in the last 2 months? The non-Schengen Business Lounge upstairs has *one* shower, which is nice, but there's often a waiting list of people first thing in the morning - I recommend you go there and mention to the receptionist the moment you arrive!

I think there is also a shower in the Schengen SEN lounge, but I didn't see it last time I was there
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by kt74
I don't think it does, unless it's changed in the last 2 months? The non-Schengen Business Lounge upstairs has *one* shower, which is nice, but there's often a waiting list of people first thing in the morning - I recommend you go there and mention to the receptionist the moment you arrive!

I think there is also a shower in the Schengen SEN lounge, but I didn't see it last time I was there
that is correct! there is a shower in the schengen SEN lounge, but not in the schengen C lounge. in the non schengen area its the other way around, no shower in the SEN lounge but one shower in the C lounge.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by kt74
Go to the bathroom, there it's in the left corner, almost opposite of the toilets.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:05 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Triple3
Go to the bathroom, there it's in the left corner, almost opposite of the toilets.
But they have only one shower room !!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The shower in the non-schengen FTL lounge is always absolutely freezing when I have used it in the morning. So much so that I actually tried the difference between maximum hot and fully cold to see if there was one. I found that it did get colder (do they chill the water or something?).

Perhaps it takes several hours after the terminal opens to riase the water temperature, but if you are transiting from an asia flight arriving early in the morning be prepared for the shower experience.

I normally endure it by putting only a small part of my body under the shower at any point in time so that I don't contract hypothermia
Old Oct 21, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any updates on the shower situation in the lounges in VIE? The OS website makes no mention of the word "shower".

My no-status partner is looking to do JFK-India in Business class and OS has a decent fare. I assume he'll only have access to the non-Schengen business class lounge, not the Senator lounge? Out of curiosity, are there any meaningful differences in amenities between the lounges?

And I understand there may only be one shower in there that may not get hot water, and potentially a long wait?

I might steer him to another carrier if OS doesn't offer a decent connection experience in the lounge.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Any updates on the shower situation in the lounges in VIE? The OS website makes no mention of the word "shower".

My no-status partner is looking to do JFK-India in Business class and OS has a decent fare. I assume he'll only have access to the non-Schengen business class lounge, not the Senator lounge? Out of curiosity, are there any meaningful differences in amenities between the lounges?

And I understand there may only be one shower in there that may not get hot water, and potentially a long wait?

I might steer him to another carrier if OS doesn't offer a decent connection experience in the lounge.
The shower in VIE is in the business lounge (a floor above the SEN lounge). SENs get sent there to take a shower.

The main difference is that the BIS lounge has more space, but slightly smaller selection of alcohol (maybe some food, but the difference might have been due to a momentary restocking of some dish).
Old Oct 23, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Don't count on "food" in the OS lounges. While I believe the drink selection is a little nicer compared to LH lounges, I think the food is the worst among the LH, OS, LX lounges!

Rather eat somewhere in one of the eateries in the concourse, they are actually quite nice!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:51 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've seen the shower room door in the Schengen SEN lounge today.

HTB.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
Lounge at vienna

Hi do the *G lounge at vienna have showers
thanks
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
Hi do the *G lounge at vienna have showers
thanks
The business lounge non-Schengen has a shower. It works fine- you just need to be patient for the hot water to arrive (as in ~10 minutes). Ask for the key at the checkin.

I have never taken a shower in the Schengen area lounges so not sure of the situation there.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
What about the senator lounge for the asia flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.