FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Senator Customer Services Telephone Number (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/850206-senator-customer-services-telephone-number.html)

alfahund Apr 17, 2010 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 13789993)
Nevertheless they should talk to their Service Provider. A clear overflow message is helpful and implementable quite easy. Ringing out or "not reachable" messages should not occur in a system of their size.

That would be a nice message, but wouldn't solve the overflow problem ;)

AHN Apr 17, 2010 11:13 am

I appreciate that the good folks at the call centers are doing all they can, and they have been good to me when I have been able to get through.

However, calling last night

a) The Norwegian number gave me a recorded message saying that they answered calls between 9.00 and 19.00
b) The German number hung up on me as soon as it was answered
c) The Belgian number gives me a message saying that the phone number is not in use

(The Swiss ordinary service number in Belgium got me through to Cape Town in a couple of minutes.)

Franzsys Apr 17, 2010 11:31 am

Originally Posted by pjahra (Post 13789794)
Oh i see ... and LH has nothing else to do than taking care of YOUR problem ... of course, thats a serious matter ... they should really set their priorities ...

AHAHAHA!!! Are you writing just to do fingers fitness? :confused:

1)I'm an european passenger involved on the "volcano emergency"
2)I have to change a multi-segment reservation.
3)I'm trying from yesterday to contact LH reservation office.
4)I spent many hours holding on, and it is a "pay number"... (1 hour = 7 euros).
5)Many airlines have priority lines (toll free) and team to support status flyers.
6)From LH website it's not possible to change a reservation.
7)Looking at LH website, places on next week flights are decreasing really fast due reprotections... to be sure to fly I have to buy a new ticket online.

I'm just asking if LH has a dedicated telephone line and team for Senator status flyers. (I think.. NOT)

If LH supporters doesn't like my question, and they think I have not a serious problem (maybe looking for a special meal...), please don't do fingers fitness beacause I don't like flames and I respect FT forum.

F

Franzsys Apr 17, 2010 11:37 am

Originally Posted by AHN (Post 13790049)
(The Swiss ordinary service number in Belgium got me through to Cape Town in a couple of minutes.)

^
For Suisse I have only:

french: 0900 900 933 (0.15CHF /min*)
german: 0900 900 922 (0.15 CHF / Min.*)
Do you have a different number?

I tried Poland, Italy, Greece, Malta,.... Many offices have only a national "pay number"...

Rambuster Apr 17, 2010 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Franzsys (Post 13790127)

4)I spent many hours holding on, and it is a "pay number"... (1 hour = 7 euros).
5)Many airlines have priority lines (toll free) and team to support status flyers.
7)Looking at LH website, places on next week flights are decreasing really fast due reprotections... to be sure to fly I have to buy a new ticket online.

I'm just asking if LH has a dedicated telephone line and team for Senator status flyers. (I think.. NOT)

If LH supporters doesn't like my question, and they think I have not a serious problem (maybe looking for a special meal...), please don't do fingers fitness beacause I don't like flames and I respect FT forum.

F

Keep on digging !

alfahund Apr 17, 2010 11:44 am

If you're a Senator, you know the number, if not, you're probably not entitled to use the number. But maybe I mixed something up here...

JayPS Apr 17, 2010 12:15 pm

F

^^^

It is difficult for everyone these days but the airlines from at least few days knew the problem was approaching, as the dust didn't appear over Europe just from nowhere. So they had at least some time to prepare to handle those calls better. If they cannot even answer calls from their HONs and SENs it seems the call centers are not hadling the crisis situation aedequately IMO.
My advise would be to go to the LH office at the airport. It worked well for me, as SEN on C ticket I didn't have to wait in the queue.
I was booked in LX and they did probably the best they could for me - gave me hotel for 2 nights, food, and rebooked my tickets already twice.
Unfortunately, as tomorrow they still do not operate, I am taking a train.

Rambuster Apr 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by JayPS (Post 13790338)
^^^

It is difficult for everyone these days but the airlines from at least few days knew the problem was approaching, as the dust didn't appear over Europe just from nowhere. So they had at least some time to prepare to handle those calls better. If they cannot even answer calls from their HONs and SENs it seems the call centers are not hadling the crisis situation aedequately IMO.
My advise would be to go to the LH office at the airport. It worked well for me, as SEN on C ticket I didn't have to wait in the queue.
I was booked in LX and they did probably the best they could for me - gave me hotel for 2 nights, food, and rebooked my tickets already twice.
Unfortunately, as tomorrow they still do not operate, I am taking a train.

erm, did you see the lines at the ticket desks in FRA/MUC/DUS etc ?

mamb0 Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

How on earth should any organisation keep that many resources/employees steadily on stand by, ready to be activated within hours? This is impossible.
I understand your frustration, but think this through.

And to the OP: Are you ignoring, how many people are affected by this? EVERY LH plane is grounded and ALL flights are canceled.

nomad1974 Apr 17, 2010 3:18 pm

@:-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...perations.html

synd Apr 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13790381)
erm, did you see the lines at the ticket desks in FRA/MUC/DUS etc ?

i don't even want to begin to imagine them... the ones in CCS yesterday were already long enough, for the LH and AF flights...

DownUnderFlyer Apr 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Franzsys (Post 13789609)
Anyone know an international Senator priority telephone line??
I need to change reservations and operators are everytime busy (calling from yesterday)!!
LH support :td::td::td:....

I got through to LH in Canada and Australia with not too many issues.

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 13789993)
Nevertheless they should talk to their Service Provider. A clear overflow message is helpful and implementable quite easy. Ringing out or "not reachable" messages should not occur in a system of their size.

Actually, I like the not reachable option a lot as it saves me long waiting time and an huge amount of roaming charges. Canada is either not reachable or you have to wait for 1-3 minutes. Much better than Germany where you wait for 30 minutes. And LH is talking to all their services providers but you actually need to get more phone lines connected.

weero Apr 18, 2010 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 13789795)
..I know they are doing their best!

I kinda knew they wouldn't do much :( .

SQ harasses us with text message that we needed to call them to receive an update only to then tell us - after an extensive wait - that there's nothing they can tell us... that I call proactive customer service :rolleyes: ...

NewbieRunner Apr 18, 2010 2:45 am

Originally Posted by weero (Post 13793468)
SQ harasses us with text message that we needed to call them to receive an update only to then tell us - after an extensive wait - that there's nothing they can tell us... that I call proactive customer service :rolleyes: ...

Are you actually complaining about SQ in the M&M forum? You should know it's not allowed here! :rolleyes: :D

Knut34 Apr 18, 2010 9:50 am

Originally Posted by alfahund (Post 13790202)
If you're a Senator, you know the number, if not, you're probably not entitled to use the number. But maybe I mixed something up here...

If you call the SEN line you end up at the normal line at the moment....