Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit for First & Business Class passengers [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
Picture of the new Van Laack kit below. I guess it’s supposed to double as a laptop or iPad case, but is nowhere near as nice as the Escada one.

August 2019 Van Laack LH F Amenity Kit
No laptop or iPad that I own would fit into the new Van Laack kit. At least not the men’s one. The women’s looks like some sort of handbag.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Picture of the new Van Laack kit below. I guess it’s supposed to double as a laptop or iPad case, but is nowhere near as nice as the Escada one.

August 2019 Van Laack LH F Amenity Kit
That Van Laack kit is a completely different shape to the one I received, you would only get an iPhone in mine
NYC1 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1

No laptop or iPad that I own would fit into the new Van Laack kit. At least not the men’s one. The women’s looks like some sort of handbag.
Same here, for the Men’s kit I received, the Women’s is indeed a handbag, no Lady I know would be seen Dead carrying a handbag that cheap
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Yup, it does look like the kits are going from
bad to worse. I didn’t even take my Van Laack from the last flight. Just extracted the La Prairie stuff and left the rest there...
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yup, it does look like the kits are going from
bad to worse. I didn’t even take my Van Laack from the last flight. Just extracted the La Prairie stuff and left the rest there...
That’s what I do no matter what the kit is.. except Rimowa (or Escada)
Old Aug 11, 2019, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly, give us something decent, in keeping with First Class or what’s the point ? LH just ends up with recycling to do
NYC1 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum

Same here. I kept the Escada only once because it's a good makeup bag, but will leave behind those now if I get one.

Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

That Van Laack kit is a completely different shape to the one I received, you would only get an iPhone in mine
Agreed. The one I received looks like the blue one in Chris63's picture and not the one in vantage03's picture. Same color but different shape/size. Weird! But they both suck!
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Got a nice unbranded bag from MUC and a hideous "the bridge" from IAD this month. Curiously the one from MUC had the old Korres creams, the inbound had L'Occitaine face cream and lip balm.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by NYC1
Agreed. The one I received looks like the blue one in Chris63's picture and not the one in vantage03's picture. Same color but different shape/size. Weird! But they both suck!
I’ve received one of each size. I commented that the pouch seems to get bigger and bigger; the stewardess said she thought it was really cool that you might keep a tablet in the big one. Maybe that’s what the product manager has instructed them to say. I don’t have a tablet and if I did, I probably would have a nicer sleeve for it already, so the pouch stayed on board (minus the La Prairie creams).

The bigger pouch resembles a Star Alliance-branded apology overnight kit that I received at ORD a few years back when United lost my suitcase (in C).
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Special Oktoberfest kit in F ex-MUC today

chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 5:23 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
In case anyone is wondering if Rimowa will ever come back the following is from the BR forum.

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Rimowa is shifting away from making these little cases as they streamline following LVMH's acquisition of them.

BR's contract was up in November and Rimowa declined to renew from the get-go.
Originally Posted by gengar
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Doesn't TG offer Rimowa kits in long-haul F? They certainly used to.
They used to, but Rimowa isn't going to make amenity kit cases (for anyone) anymore.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In case anyone is wondering if Rimowa will ever come back the following is from the BR forum.
Thanks for letting us know.

This means that I will have to tell the kids they cannot give the mini-Rimowas to friends for Nintendo accessories anymore.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Well they are collaborating with Dior on this: https://www.rimowa.com/gb/en/luggage.../99090003.html

Price is obviously absurd, but I guess there is a life after Rimowa First Class amenity kids, and this life is bad.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Well they are collaborating with Dior on this: https://www.rimowa.com/gb/en/luggage.../99090003.html
Wow that is beyond stupid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.