Wiki Posts
Search

Lh A340-600

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Lh A340-600

LH now flying the A340-600 on the MUC CLT round trip, saw this yesterday & it is one beautiful plane. Have any of you flown on it & how is it ?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I haven't flown on it, but I've been aboard one twice in the Lufthansa Technik facility at FRA. And I agree with you, it is a great aircraft if it flies half as well as it looks.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
LH now flying the A340-600 on the MUC CLT round trip, saw this yesterday & it is one beautiful plane. Have any of you flown on it & how is it ?
The forward C cabin is very nice, too although it lacks the novelty of the Y bathrooms (these are downstairs)
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:00 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by alex0683de
And I agree with you, it is a great aircraft if it flies half as well as it looks.

Well ... for the sake of the 346 let's assume this will not be a tech discussion.

So:

Yes, the 1-2-1 F config onboard the 346 is much nicer than the 2-2 config onboard the 747 (if you travel alone).
Old Jun 13, 2008, 1:59 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Nice plane with very smooth take off and landing. The seating in all classes of this type is smillar to the standard A 340 and A 333 fleet.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 2:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
The forward C cabin is very nice, too although it lacks the novelty of the Y bathrooms (these are downstairs)
I think the downstairs bathrooms are great - lots of space (or so it feels), and a water fountain!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by LH/LX
Nice plane with very smooth take off and landing.
This is a joke, isn't it...

I've been many times on A340-600 and countless times on a B747. The landing is definitely with no doubt much smoother on the B747. The 346 has always a very hard touch-down...

Other than that I agree, the 346 is a great plane indeed ... ^
... as long as we don't talk about temperature control and humidity.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
I think the downstairs bathrooms are great - lots of space (or so it feels), and a water fountain!
Now I must go downstairs on my next A340 flight just to see them! I have often wondered but never visited them.

Lavatory sightseeing!
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by exbayern
Now I must go downstairs on my next A340 flight just to see them! I have often wondered but never visited them.

Lavatory sightseeing!
Never been downstairs - always use a lav with a window on this bird

But the mentioned water fontain will surely be a reason for a sight-seeing trip next time. How long is the journey from my usual seat (Somewhere between doors 1L and 2L) to the stairway on this long bird?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by rorschi
How long is the journey from my usual seat (Somewhere between doors 1L and 2L) to the stairway on this long bird?
About two coffee breaks.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
About two coffee breaks.
German filter coffee from biz and eco

Forget it, I remain on 2A and continue to use the front lav with it's window.

As long as the flush works properly, I don't need a fontain.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I, too, was initially charmed with the downstairs lavatories, but discovered that they have their downsides, as well (pardon the pun). During peak usage, paxs tend to stand at the bottom of the stairs when all the lavs are in use, forcing the paxs behind them to stand on the stairs or in the galley at the top. Both are apparently big no-nos. FA finally forced us all to descend the steps and explained that the waiting area was designed to hold ten people. Apparently, those engineers fly first class. When the room gets crowded, it is not uncommon to be hit by a door when someone comes out of one of the lavs.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by rorschi
German filter coffee from biz and eco
Really?
I get my F coffee anywhere on the plane.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RoaminRoman
I, too, was initially charmed with the downstairs lavatories
I think you misunderstood. @:-)
The charming experience is to visit those lavs by means of a painful expedition originating from seat 2A.
Nobody actually wants to use those lavs.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Really?
I get my F coffee anywhere on the plane.

Shall I go to the very rear end of the plane to the back galley, and tell to the F/A there (while wearing of course the stripes from F): "Hello, I'm on the tramp from 2A for visiting a water fontain somewhere here downstairs. May you bring me a Nespresso while I make a break here"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.