Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA F/HON Terminal FAQs [old version - no longer updated!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
You might consider paying for a service (forgot the name, paging oliver2002), where someone picks you up at the gate and takes you to your next gate. If they could also take you to the FCT, or at least to the point where the car to the FCT departs, that would be the best. Surely they would be able to take you to the FCL.
Originally Posted by PAD-1K
Just tell the LH-agent at check-in that your mother needs assistance. LH will arrange wheelchair and electric-car transfer in FRA.
It’s for free (at least my parents never had to pay – none of them is HON)
Wheelchair assistance can be requested at the time of booking. The problem with this service is that the pax has wait for everyone to deplane before the wheelchair people come in to pick up the pax.

The paid service is the LH Guide Service. Costs only 45EUR per group of 4 or 5 and is a terrific service. Special language beyond german/english is 20 EUR extra.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:49 pm

Access To Fra/muc Hon Lounge

Hi...

I Am Flying On A Reward Ticket With This Routing: LUFTHANSA FLIGHTS THE WHOLE WAY.

Lax To Fra..(F-class ON LH) connecting Fra To Muc (c-class ON LH)...

two questions: #1--Can I Hang Out In The FCT (hon Lounge) During My Layover In Frankfurt?

Then

Can I ALSO CHECK OUT THE FCT (HON LOUNGE) IN MUNICH WHEN I LAND?

I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO BOTH LOUNGES TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE LIKE.

Thanks!

Last edited by channel13; Jul 24, 2008 at 10:52 pm Reason: SPELLING
Old Jul 25, 2008, 6:04 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by channel13
Hi...

I Am Flying On A Reward Ticket With This Routing: LUFTHANSA FLIGHTS THE WHOLE WAY.

Lax To Fra..(F-class ON LH) connecting Fra To Muc (c-class ON LH)...

two questions: #1--Can I Hang Out In The FCT (hon Lounge) During My Layover In Frankfurt?

Then

Can I ALSO CHECK OUT THE FCT (HON LOUNGE) IN MUNICH WHEN I LAND?

I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO BOTH LOUNGES TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE LIKE.

Thanks!
Welcome to FT. ^

What about reading post#1 in this thread.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:50 pm

i took a look at the number 1 thread and from what i see i can use the fct when i land in frankfurt since i'm flying in first class.
...where i'm confused is the other postings that stress the fct is NOT an arrivals lounge, but rather a departures lounge. to me, it really doesn't matter; i want to see it anyway. that being said, has anyone ever done the routing lax to fra in first, fra to muc in biz (because there is no first) and used the fct hon lounge in fra and the fct hon lounge in munich on the same day?? do you think they would allow that??
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes they will. After arrivals, leave the airside, go to the F checkin area and ask for a transfer to the FCT. They will ask you to wait in a little area and a driver will come to pick you up.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:07 pm

thanks oliver...

so i would do that at both the frankfurt airport

and then again at the munich airport?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 1:26 pm

Only in FRA. MUC has no outside FCT, you can however go to the FCL and ask for entry if you like. Just show your inbound F BP.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 1:12 am

thanks again oliver...
will do!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Please don't flame me. I did a search, but didn't find the answer. I understand the need for an F BP on an LH flight to access the FCT. Given the current strike situation I and a companion are currently booked on an LH F award next week JFK-FRA and then onwards to JNB also on LH. I am considering changing the award to 1 JFK-FRA on LH in F and 1 JFK-FRA on SQ in F and then onwards instead of FRA-JNB on LH connecting later in the day on either LH or LX in C to ZRH and then onwards to JNB on LX in F. I know you are allowed a guest in the FCT if you are traveling together but one person in a lower class. In the scenario above could we use the FCT if we are both traveling on LX or LH in C to ZRH with one of us in possession of an LH F BP from JFK?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
What about

FRA-ZRH LH C
ZRH-LAX LX F

The old thread said yes before Nov 07 but then no after... all is mixed
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by dukeman
In the scenario above could we use the FCT if we are both traveling on LX or LH in C to ZRH with one of us in possession of an LH F BP from JFK?
Yes, absolutely.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PM, FB Plat, LH SEN, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
- You have arrived / are departing on a confirmed F segment on LH metal, on the same day (so, for example, if you were to fly FRAMUC in any class, connecting to an ex MUC flight in F on LH, you would be entitled to FCT access)
Last time I was told that I was not allowed, since I came inbound from a non-Schengen country (Switzerland) in transit to the US. I was told I had to use the first class lounge instead if I connect from a non-Schengen origin to a non-Schengen destination.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:21 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What about

FRA-ZRH LH C
ZRH-LAX LX F

The old thread said yes before Nov 07 but then no after... all is mixed
My understanding is that you must be a Lufthansa First-Class guest.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:23 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Ari
My understanding is that you must be a Lufthansa First-Class guest.
You can only use the FCL, not the FCT.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last I checked this thread (months ago), LH had changed the policy so that you need an outbound F boarding pass to access the FCT, so I assumed that on my upcoming EWR-FRA-MLA flight, with EWR-FRA in F and FRA-MLA in C, I could only use the FCL. However, it seems like that has changed again (based on the first post), and one can again use the FCT when making the connection.

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.