Wiki Posts
Search

Denied entry into LH DME lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Denied entry into LH DME lounge

I'm flying today with BD in economy. Last week and week before that i've entered LH lounge in DME without any problems showing my EBG card. However today i was denied entrance, and was told i can only use this lounge if i fly LH operated flight.
This lounge is clearly marked as *G at entrance, and also LH.com shows that i can use this lounge with *G card. Whom i can contact to report this clearly wrong behavior from lounge personnel ?

Last edited by Xevus; May 4, 2008 at 7:45 am
Old May 4, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
You're at the wrong lounge:

Moscow (Domodedovo) (lat:55.4025, lng:37.9136)

lounges

Transaero lounge

* diamond club gold card members - plus 1 guest
* diamond club silver card members - plus 1 guest
* bmi business passengers - plus 1 guest
* Star Alliance gold card members** - plus 1 guest
* Star Alliance 1st passengers - plus 1 guest
* Star Alliance business passengers - no guest

VIP lounge

* bmi business passengers - plus 1 guest
* Star Alliance 1st passengers - plus 1 guest
* Star Alliance business passengers - no guest

**Star Alliance gold card members no permitted access on Transaero code share flights

desk check-in

* opens 3 hours prior to departure
* closes 45 minutes prior to departure

from http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/plan...acilities.aspx

If flying on bmi, you need to check what their arrangements are.
Old May 5, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: LH HON; Sixt D and m.o.
LH/ AUA/ Swiss Station

Originally Posted by Xevus
This lounge is clearly marked as *G at entrance, and also LH.com shows that i can use this lounge with *G card.
The lounge is operated by a sub-company and there is some confusion indeed, which ends from time in not very polite matter...

Well...I did face following situation 3 weeks ago...
A colleague of mine (SEN) and me (HON) were booked on OS flight to VIE, as the LH lounge is new and clearly states *G we wanted to try it; in the past there were no problems to use OS lounge, when booked on LX and vice versa)...
in the beginning the entrance was denied, because booked on OS, the lounge staff very arrogant and not polite at all...we requested to speak LH directly, they connected us to Alitalia ...we requested again to speak LH directly, they called their supervisor, who explained them, that we have the right to access also this lounge...however: the papers (copies of a handbook) they showed us stated handwritten, that passengers booked on OS/ LX should be redirected to the other lounges, when possible...furthermore...in this handbook was no reference about HON PAX...staff recognized only OS logo on my colleagues SEN card and wanted to explain him, that he has to use OS lounge, the same in my case with LX logo...

Conclusion: they have no idea, what *Alliance is and even more no idea of M&M
Old May 5, 2008, 10:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thumbs down

The internal PR says its only for LH F/C pax:

Ein neues Kapitel für Flüge nach Moskau hat bei Lufthansa am 7. April begonnen – Der erfolgreiche und reibungslose Umzug zum Flughafen Domodedovo ist offiziell abgeschlossen. Die Passagiere der Lufthansa landen künftig am neuen Moskauer Flughafen und können dort ab sofort die neue Lufthansa-Lounge nutzen, die Lufthansa First- und Business Class-Gästen zur Verfügung steht. Mit dem traditionellen Durchschneiden des Bandes eröffneten Lufthansa- Bereichsvorstand Dr. Holger Hätty (mitte rechts) und Flughafendirektor Sergey Rudakov die Lounge. Der erste Flug der Lufthansa mit der Flugnummer LH 3196 war bereits am 1. April pünktlich um 2.15 Uhr aus München kommend in Domodedovo gelandet.
The above is a caption of a picture of the ribbon cutting. You can clearly see the *G sign on the left of the entrance

source: lufthanseat.de
Old May 6, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The internal PR says its only for LH F/C pax:
I've been allowed access as a *G flying economy on LH. Very much hope that doesn't change...
Old May 6, 2008, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJPaul
I've been allowed access as a *G flying economy on LH. Very much hope that doesn't change...
That's what lounge dragons said to me last Sunday - any *G is allowed, provided that they fly LH. This is really bizarre policy, to say the least.
Old May 6, 2008, 11:01 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

That's what lounge dragons said to me last Sunday - any *G is allowed, provided that they fly LH. This is really bizarre policy, to say the least.
That's the correct *A policy for all contract lounges. *Gs are granted access only when departing on that contracting carrier's (in this case LH's) flight:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...en&cid=1000390
Contract lounge
Airport Moscow - Domodedovo
Location International Departure Area, 2nd floor
Name Lufthansa Business Lounge
Opening hours 24h
Old May 6, 2008, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
That's the correct *A policy for all contract lounges. *Gs are granted access only when departing on that contracting carrier's (in this case LH's) flight:
Hmm, thats really interesting fact. Can you give some public link that explains that policy ?
Old May 6, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by KVS
I had the same problem 2 months ago in TLL. I was flying TLL-CPH (Estonian)- ZRH (LX).
I was denied access in TLL. The facts that I was on a SK (codeshare) and that I had a same day departing *A tix (CPH-ZRH) didn't help.
Very inconvenient since I bought an SK ticket .
Old May 6, 2008, 4:47 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, thats really interesting fact. Can you give some public link that explains that policy ?
Here is an extract from the *A lounge access policy:
Contract Lounges

Contract lounges (not owned or operated by Star Alliance member carriers) are provided by each airline. Access is permitted for Star Alliance Gold customers when travelling on that Star Alliance member carrier's operated flight.

Members of the paid airport lounge membership programmes are not entitled to access contract lounges.
Old May 6, 2008, 5:43 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
But if it is a contract lounge as opposed to a *G lounge, they should not be allowed to put up the *G sign.

HTB.
Old May 6, 2008, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
But if it is a contract lounge as opposed to a *G lounge, they should not be allowed to put up the *G sign.

HTB.
Many people confuses Star Alliance sign with Star Gold sign. They look similar but Star Gold sign has GOLD near the bottom. Perhaps OP was confused?
Old May 8, 2008, 4:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The sign beside the door is the *G lounge sign.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.