Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anything like a YUP with LH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Anything like a YUP with LH

I just got my new M&M credit card which comes with a buy one get one free for travel ex USA to anywhere LH flies (you get on upon sign up and then another one every year btw). Problem is I really don't want to go coach so I'm wondering are there any Y fares I might use that automatically get you into C the way the domestic YUP fares do?

Alternately anyone have any other idea how one might use this offer without suffering in coach or otherwise put this coupon to good use?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
No, unfortunately not. Internationally you may look for Z fares if you can plan well in advance.
LH's philosophy is: if you want to get into C you have to pay.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:37 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Maybe use some UA SWUs to upgrade? Or just miles?

Does this BOGOF work in any Economy booking class or does this book into a special class which might be non upgradable or even non earning?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Some continental routes ex Germany have D fares, and starting points other than Germany will probably also offer Z fares.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Further reading of the fine print yields that booking must be made in H class.

I wouldn't mind coach from the east coast but overnight from the northwest its a long haul.

Since no one even mentions these two for ones even though you get one every year I guess they aren't worth much.

Has anyone ever used one?
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by sbedelman
I just got my new M&M credit card which comes with a buy one get one free for travel ex USA to anywhere LH flies (you get on upon sign up and then another one every year btw). Problem is I really don't want to go coach so I'm wondering are there any Y fares I might use that automatically get you into C the way the domestic YUP fares do?

Alternately anyone have any other idea how one might use this offer without suffering in coach or otherwise put this coupon to good use?
How long did it take to get the voucher I never got mine..
Old Apr 25, 2008, 1:37 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
I guess they don't expect you to use it anyway
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by totti
I guess they don't expect you to use it anyway
well for this I would use it and finally use my upgrade vouchers --- and pray for and opup at the gate...
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
You never get one, it's electronic. There is a special number you call (1-866-461-5399) and they make the booking. All you need to give them is you M&M number.

I called just to check and they said I was all set and this was just a few weeks after I got my card.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Terms & Conditions of the Economy Class Companion Ticket

Application: all published fares in Economy Class. The paid Economy Class ticket must be for travel departing from the U.S. to Europe/Middle East/Africa and Far East

Eligibility: Miles & More MasterCard holders residing in the U.S.

Class of service: Economy Class

Booking class: both revenue and companion ticket must be booked in H/Class

Type of transportation: based on paid Economy Class fare

Travel: valid only on Lufthansa operated flights (no code-share or Lufthansa train). Both paid Economy Class ticket and Companion Ticket must travel on the same flights on the same day.

Reservations: must be made by calling Miles & More Companion Ticket Service at 1-866-461-5399

Ticketing: will be ticketed by the Miles & More Companion Ticket Service

Seasons: per paid Economy Class fare

Minimum stay: per paid published Economy Class fare

Maximum stay: per paid published Economy Class fare

Rebooking: per paid published Economy Class fare

Rerouting: per paid published Economy Class fare

Weekend surcharge: various based on the paid Economy Class fare (generally $60 round-trip but in some instances it may not apply or the amount may be lower)

Combination: This offer, may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount, add-ons or coupons. Not combinable with child, infant or senior citizens fares, travel agent discounts, other promotional offers, group fares, frequent flyer awards or special credit vouchers.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Interesting that they say it is for all published fares in economy class but in reality it has to be out of the H bucket.
It seems as if the companion earn miles, too since he/she is booked into H class as well. But most probably the M&M T&Cs will prevent this.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Good catch on that fares basis thing. I wonder if it means that there has to be H bucket availability but you can use and fare you qualify for.

Any idea what H is?

Of course this all only matters if you don't mind flying coach or can find an economy fare that get you into the B cabin. That is why I asked about YUPs or something like that.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by sbedelman
Good catch on that fares basis thing. I wonder if it means that there has to be H bucket availability but you can use and fare you qualify for.

Any idea what H is?

Of course this all only matters if you don't mind flying coach or can find an economy fare that get you into the B cabin. That is why I asked about YUPs or something like that.
H is a fairly high economy class fare bucket. On LH, the economy fare classes usually run, in order from most expensive to least expensive:

Y, B, M, H, Q, V, W, S

So with the caveats you mentioned about flying Economy, it's not a bad deal, really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.