Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH to PNQ [Pune, India] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2008, 8:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The D/Z offer is now adjusted (probably to account for higher YQ and bring the same final price) and extended to 31 OCT:

Code:
Aktuelle Lufthansa Informationen Seite 1 – XD 053/08 22.08.2008
Verlängert: Neue Destination in Indien – Pune
Seit 01. Juli 2008: 6 Flüge pro Woche in einem als Business Jet ausgestatteten Airbus
A319 von Frankfurt nach Pune (PNQ):
LH768 Abflug um 16:15Uhr ab Frankfurt - Ankunft in Pune um 04:00Uhr (+1)
LH769 Abflug um 05:29Uhr ab Pune - Ankunft in Frankfurt um 10:50Uhr
Einführungsangebot Frankfurt – Pune
Von Deutschland
Nach PNQ (Pune)
Verkaufszeitraum Ab sofort bis 31. Oktober 2008
Reiseantritt Ab sofort unter Beachtung der Vorausbuchungsfrist
Fare Basis Code ZINTRO4 DINTRO4
Flugpreis € 1940,-* € 2940,-*
Gültigkeit Nur gültig via FRA auf dem Direktflug LH 768/ LH 769
* Preise gelten bei Teilnahme am Lufthansa/SWISS Vorzugspreisprogramm. Gemäß Vertragsbedingungen ist ggfs. ein Vorzugspreisentgelt zu entrichten. Preise gültig für Hin- und Rückflug zzgl. Flughafensteuern, Passagier- und Sicherheitsgebühren sowie sonstige Gebühren.

Wichtige Konditionen:
– Gültigkeit/Anwendung: RT/OJ;
– Minimum Stay: 4 Tage
– Maximum Stay: 1 Monat
– Vorausbuchungsfrist: 14 Tage
– Ticketing/Bezahlung: innerhalb von 72 Stunden nach Reservierung
– Kinderermäßigung: gestattet
– Infantermäßigung: gestattet (kein Sitzplatzanspruch)
– Transfers: 1 innerdeutscher Transfer pro Richtung gestattet
– Stopover: nicht gestattet
– Buchungsklasse: Z oder D
– Umbuchungen: gegen eine Gebühr von 200,- pro Transaktion
– Erstattung: nicht gestattet (ausgenommen nicht verbrauchte Steuern
und Gebühren)
– Gruppen: bei Einhaltung aller Konditionen gestattet
– Kombinationen: auf ½-RT-Basis sind ZINTOR-4 und DINTRO4-Tarife kombinierbar
– Miles & More Meilengutschrift: gestattet
Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P, HH Dia, SPG Plt, MR Gld
Award Ticket to Pune, India (PNQ)

Has anyone been able to book an award ticket on the new business-class only flight from Frankfurt to Pune, India?

Service began on Jul 15.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Looks like the flight times for this route have changed somewhat - the layover for fliers from North America won't be quite as long, but the arrival time in Pune is certainly bright and early.

LH768 FRA-PNQ departs at 4:15PM and arrives at 4:00AM the following morning.

LH769 PNQ-FRA departs at 5:39AM and arrives in FRA at 10:50AM - again an arrival time that's not ideal for the FRA-North America west coast departures. I'm having to fly PNQ-FRA-MUC to catch a late LAX flight home. I believe the last FRA-LAX flight leaves just after 11AM which is a tad too tight of a connection.

- T
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:17 pm

Question Lh 768/769 (fra-pnq-fra)

How LH 768/769 FRA-PNQ-FRA route is performing? any news?

Thanks in advance.

RAJRS
Old Jan 3, 2009, 4:27 pm

Any updates on this route? I maybe flying it in late February.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:15 pm

Flew FRA-PNQ on February 27. I counted 8 people on board. Returned today, there was probably at least 35 on board, not many empty seats (although I was lucky to have an empty next to me). Very good service. Not as comfortable as United's new business class that I flew IAD-FRA and back. Movies are on a small portable screen.

A coworker told me that their flight PNQ-FRA for mid April was cancelled, April 11 I believe.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
A few updates on this route:

- Later this year (1-2 months?), the A319 currently serving this route will be replaced by a BBJ. A FA commented on my PNQ-FRA flight that this is the last A319 still in service by PrivatAir and it is being returned to the lessee soon. PrivatAir is trying to standardize on Boeing aircraft.

- This route continues to have wild swings WRT loads. Last Tuesday, the PNQ-FRA flight had ONE passenger. Talk about service! Loads have been better this week. There were approx 40 folks on my Monday FRA-PNQ flight and approx 24 on my Thursday PNQ-FRA leg. (I was told the PNQ-FRA flight will never be canceled due to low loads - the FRA-PNQ flight is another story. If the plane gets to PNQ, it will fly back to FRA regardless of passenger load).

- The seats on the A319 are awful, and I won't miss them a bit. They are comfortable enough in the sitting position, but the "lie flat" angle isn't really flat at all, and the angle itself is entirely too steep. The seats on the BBJ's have less adjustability, but are definitely more comfortable.

Even with the seat negatives, having a non-stop flight from FRA-PNQ to avoid the hassles of transiting international to domestic within India far outweighs most any shortcomings with the service itself.

The FA's and their service is consistently good.

- T
Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:32 pm

Flying PrivatAir FRA-PNQ - what to expect?

Hey All
Really excited to fly nonstop into Poona(my home town) from FRA - how is the experience? anybody flown this specific route? How is the entertainment,meals,ambience etc.
Excited about this trip SFO-ORD-FRA-PNQ:-)
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:12 am
k2

Originally Posted by nbarve
Hey All
Really excited to fly nonstop into Poona(my home town) from FRA - how is the experience? anybody flown this specific route? How is the entertainment,meals,ambience etc.
Excited about this trip SFO-ORD-FRA-PNQ:-)
Just flew it, a very nice experience. Aircraft is a 737, seats are the new LH C class (Recaro) which I found quite comfortable, although not flat bed. In-seat IFE, good catering, and great service. Boarding is a total breeze, my flight was mostly full but we were on board and pushing back from the gate in about 20 minutes. You'll enjoy it.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP (One World Emerald), Hilton Gld, Marriot Slvr
Originally Posted by k2
Just flew it, a very nice experience. Aircraft is a 737, seats are the new LH C class (Recaro) which I found quite comfortable, although not flat bed. In-seat IFE, good catering, and great service. Boarding is a total breeze, my flight was mostly full but we were on board and pushing back from the gate in about 20 minutes. You'll enjoy it.
I have come close to ticketing this a few times this year, but each time get discouraged by the thought of landing at PNQ at 4AM (as well as the long/crazy connection when flying from North America) and end up ticketing to BOM (one more coming up later this eveing!!). How busy is PNQ airport at that hour? How good/safe is the taxi service?

Thanks,
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Are these flights still all-C, or are they now a mix of Y and C?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:49 am

On lufthansa website, I can buy an economy ticket for the Pune route, so I guess, the plane also has economy seats now. If not, its a steal for the price.

Apparently, it now has two class configuration.
http://airlineroute.net/2009/11/23/lh-frapnq-s10/

Last edited by el_cid_cdor; Apr 8, 2010 at 9:00 am
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:11 am

I took the flight just 4 weeks back (mid of March, prior to switching to LH's summer schedule) and it was a PrivatAir B737 with only C class. Nice flight.

I don't know if they changed the config with the summer schedule.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by mtresc

I don't know if they changed the config with the summer schedule.
Seesm the config has changed though it is operated by Privat air on B737-800... getting a Y round trip for abt Eur 1100- 1300 depending on the dates..
I didnt know that privat air also had Y seats.. considering the flying time of the flt (at 8-9hrs), seems its much better to take a wider bodied aircraft to BOM..or maybe take J
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Privatair has configured their BBJ2 for LH with 24C/30Y in 8 rows of 2-2 C and 10 rows of 3-3 Y.

The seats are the new Y seats with the new IFE that will also be launched in the A380. The C seats are also new and better than the previous C seats used on Privatair A319 and BBJs.

The shedule of the BBJ2s can be found here:
http://www.privatair.com/cda/privata...-7-30_4000_0__

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.