Wiki Posts
Search

*A Gold Lounge Access - Proof Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA 1MM
*A Gold Lounge Access - Proof Needed

Other than a Star Alliance Gold card, what proof is acceptable for a *A Gold member to get into a lounge in Vienna? I'll be flying through it and do not have my new card yet?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
BP that shows the status. In Vienna, actually Europe in general, they never asked me for a card, if I my boarding pass was showing status.

In US, RCC always check my status card

volta
Old Mar 10, 2008, 8:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If your online account shows your status you could print that out as proof. (Note some lounges refuse to accept that due to too easily faked.)
Old Mar 11, 2008, 1:31 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
proof

Originally Posted by nigam
Other than a Star Alliance Gold card, what proof is acceptable for a *A Gold member to get into a lounge in Vienna? I'll be flying through it and do not have my new card yet?
Well, I've been LH senator for three years now, but the boarding card STILL prints out Frequent traveler (silver). United and SFO is the only problem so far, but usually get into the lounge with the gold Senator card
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:48 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by volta
BP that shows the status. In Vienna, actually Europe in general, they never asked me for a card, if I my boarding pass was showing status.
Wow, thatīs amazing. Iīve always been asked for my SEN card in addition to the BP.

DUS
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:55 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by DUS
Wow, thatīs amazing. Iīve always been asked for my SEN card in addition to the BP.

DUS
They asked for the SEN card to see the expire date. As now at end of Feb maybe some SENs lost their status, they want to be shure, if you are allowed to enter the lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:24 am

Programs: LH
Talking Always asked.

Originally Posted by DUS

DUS
Me too.
Sometime, if I have not my card at hand, I tell them to look it up on the system. That works as well, but it means more work for the ladies...
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:03 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DUS

DUS
I can second that. They usually always ask.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I can second that. They usually always ask.
Why put them in the position to need to ask you - in front of most lounges there is a sign asking to present BP and card when entering.
I never have any entering the lounge by following the advice on the sign.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Mar 11, 2008, 7:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Hi,
I always need to show the card. In some SEN lounges they as for BP as well, but also accept the passport for verification.

Regards
Alex.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC, M&L, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by DUS

DUS
Well, it must be must trustworthy face (and charm with the ladies)

volta
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by nigam
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If your online account shows your status you could print that out as proof. (Note some lounges refuse to accept that due to too easily faked.)
This, together with the old (expired) card should do the trick. Though the Vienna SEN lounge has let me in on the strength of the BD*G remark printed on my boarding pass alone. They did not ask to see the card (which was a good thing, because I had not received it yet).

Vienna seems to be the exception to the rule that lounges in Europe will always want to see the actual card.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
LH always seems to ask for the card.....they never have accepted the *A Gold designation printed on my BP.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA 1MM
Thanks. It seems like its worth a try without a card, but not something to count on.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:52 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by kevinsac
LH always seems to ask for the card.....they never have accepted the *A Gold designation printed on my BP.
If SEN is printed on the BP, sometimes I donīt have to show the card for entering a SEN lounge in Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.