Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEN lounge in VIE withouth a *A ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:24 am
hch

Originally Posted by sentom
it used to work in OS SEN lounges as well and has nothing to do with *A rules. OS changed this policy with the introduction of HON status, they are still allowed to use the SEN lounges without a BP or any airlines BP
Where is this documented? I was refused to get into the VIE Pier C SEN lounge a while ago when arriving there with an onward BP for the next day.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 7:38 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
What is published on the Austrain M&M site is:

Business, Senator und Star Gold Lounges, sowie 1 Begleitperson (11)

(11) Zugang zu Star Gold Lounges am Abflugtag und -ort mit gültiger Bordkarte für einen Star Alliance Linienflug, unabhängig geflogener Klasse.

compared to the FTL rules:

Business Class Lounge (10)

(10) Zugang am Abflugtag und -ort mit gültiger Bordkarte für einen Star Alliance Linien Flug, unabhängig geflogener Klasse.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...8001&solo=norm

Clearly shows no BP is needed for SEN for the Senator lounges!
Old Sep 1, 2008, 7:59 am

Last month I had a discussion on that issue with the dragon in VIE. Ftly I had an onward BP but she clearly stated there is no entry without it. I even showed to her the different statement on the OS M&M page but she claimed it to be an error.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
It has always been like this in the VIE SEN lounges. Also no lounges at all in the smaller Austrian airports, it is quite a poor showing compared to LH in Germany (ok, no lounge in FDH either, but hardly fair to compare FDH with INN or SZG).
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:26 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
You have to show BP and the card in all OS operated VIE lounges.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by szg
You have to show BP and the card in all OS operated VIE lounges.
It's always interesting to hear the discussions while sitting at an internet-terminal behind the front desk (Schengen-Lounge).

It's a fact that they always ask for a BP of a * or OS-Partner-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.