Wiki Posts
Search

Shower question at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Shower question at FRA

I am comming in on a UA flight and and waiting for upgrade to clear to business so I can enjoy the flight and get access to UA's arival suite for a shower.

If Gasp my upgrade does not clear and I go back of the bus on UA I want to show before my LH flight to HAJ.

I see that both Senator and Business Lounges have shower's, is one better then the other?

I am Star Gold and RCC so I should have access to both lounges. Is one better then the other for a quick shower? From the threads I have looked at the Senator lounges seem to have better food, booze etc, whats the deal with showers. I get in early AM and have a 3 hours to kill before my flight to HAJ.

Or being *G and RCC any other Star Alliance lounges that have showers?

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:48 am
cpx

Programs: Many
They have good showers in every *G LH lounge. Queue for the showers
might be long (you have to put your name on the queue).
If the queue is long in one lounge, you could walk over to another terminal..
or ask the lounge staff to call around and ask which lounge has smaller queue.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:05 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
If you have to wait to long and you do not want to change the terminal, you can take a shower in terminal 1B just before the passport control for 6 euro.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The SEN lounge only has 4 showers IIRC. The last time I wanted a shower there in the morning the attendant told me the wait would be about 4 hours (35 people on the waiting list).... no point ...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:49 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The SEN lounge only has 4 showers IIRC. The last time I wanted a shower there in the morning the attendant told me the wait would be about 4 hours (35 people on the waiting list).... no point ...
I've seen lines from 40 minutes to a couple of hours at any given
lounge, but have found no lines at other lounges.... I either ask the
attendant to call the other lounge and ask.. or I just walk over.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 3:43 am

Programs: lh sen
Arrived this week at Terminal 1 B. No waiting. Americans are obsessed with taking a shower in FRA.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by carpetbagger
Americans are obsessed with taking a shower in FRA.
It's one of those things they gotta do once in their life: like seeing the Eiffel Tower, riding a gondola in Venice...
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: lh sen
Originally Posted by flysurfer
It's one of those things they gotta do once in their life: like seeing the Eiffel Tower, riding a gondola in Venice...
Flysurfer is not only one of the few able to read ...
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
So far my success rate in FRA re shower is about 10%. The other 90% I had to leave before I had progressed enough in the queue.

Lesson: Fly first class so you don't have to worry about SEN lounges.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, there are quick learners, and not so quick ones.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:48 am

Programs: LH-HON
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
So far my success rate in FRA re shower is about 10%. The other 90% I had to leave before I had progressed enough in the queue.

Unfortunately you have even in the FCT now sometimes to wait. This months it happend to me twice: I had only 1:15 h time in the terminal after a flight arriving at 6 am and didn't make it...

In my experience in all lounges (FC, SEN) they are more than happy to call other lounges to find the one with the shortest que
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by IKA-HON
In my experience in all lounges (FC, SEN) they are more than happy to call other lounges to find the one with the shortest que
And by the time you ran to the other lounge, had a shower and ran back to catch your plane you are in need for another shower...
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:28 am

I've had good luck with the wait for showers in 1A, upstairs, since that became US-bound only. (Which would indicate that either it's not only Americans who take showers in FRA or that restricting the concourse to people on US-bound flights gives you less competition for the showers. Or maybe I'm just lucky.)

Anyway, this is around 7:30AM. YMMV.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:44 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by maltman1
I am comming in on a UA flight and and waiting for upgrade to clear to business so I can enjoy the flight and get access to UA's arival suite for a shower.
Upgraded business class doesn't get access to UA Arrivals Suite, but I had good luck last week at the SEN lounge in the upstairs A gates (departure to IST). I had a 09:45 arrival and a 3:25 connection time. Wait for a shower was about 15 minutes.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I haven't used the showers much at FRA, but on some Saturdays when I didn't have to work after arriving from LH, I had time to take a shower before connecting to BRU. Was never a problem, at any time between 5:30am and 9am. That was in the lounge opposite A26.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.