Search

LH to offer helicopter shuttle from EWR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

LH to offer helicopter shuttle from EWR

Fast, exclusive service to New York for business travellers
Helicopter transfer and limousine service from airport right to Manhattan

With the start of the winter timetable, Lufthansa has launched a new flight that will land at Newark, only ten kilometres from the Big Apple, at 11.20 hrs local time. Until 31 March 2008, passengers travelling on this flight can also book a free helicopter or limousine service from the airport to Manhattan. The helicopter will take passengers either to East 34th Street or to the East River Piers. Alternatively, a specially equipped limousine with extra legroom is available to take passengers swiftly to their desired destination in Manhattan.

Thanks to the early arrival time and the exclusive shuttle services into the city, the day in New York can begin as early as noon, in time for a working lunch or business meetings. This will enable business travellers, in particular, to schedule important appointments in the city, even when time is short. Passengers who opt to take Lufthansa’s late-evening return flight departing at 22.25 hrs can be back in Frankfurt by 10.50 hrs the following morning.

Lufthansa is offering this additional flight in an all-Business Class configuration with a Boeing 737 that has been refitted as a Business Jet. The aircraft is equipped with 44 modern "lie-flat" seats, which when fully reclined provide an almost horizontal sleeping surface measuring two metres (6'6") in length. More generous tabletop areas, power ports for notebooks as well as a reading lamp that is integrated into the seat create ideal conditions for travellers to work during the flight and prepare for business meetings.

For more information or to make a reservation, please visit our website or contact the Lufthansa Call Center on "0180 – LUFTHANSA" (0180 5 83 84 26), Lufthansa-designated travel agencies or Lufthansa sales counters at airports. The additional shuttle services to Manhattan can be booked up to days before departure via the hotline 01805 838 017.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:21 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Tim2008
Fast, exclusive service to New York for business travellers
Helicopter transfer and limousine service from airport right to Manhattan

With the start of the winter timetable, Lufthansa has launched a new flight that will land at Newark, only ten kilometres from the Big Apple, at 11.20 hrs local time. Until 31 March 2008, passengers travelling on this flight can also book a free helicopter or limousine service from the airport to Manhattan. The helicopter will take passengers either to East 34th Street or to the East River Piers. Alternatively, a specially equipped limousine with extra legroom is available to take passengers swiftly to their desired destination in Manhattan.

Thanks to the early arrival time and the exclusive shuttle services into the city, the day in New York can begin as early as noon, in time for a working lunch or business meetings. This will enable business travellers, in particular, to schedule important appointments in the city, even when time is short. Passengers who opt to take Lufthansa’s late-evening return flight departing at 22.25 hrs can be back in Frankfurt by 10.50 hrs the following morning.

Lufthansa is offering this additional flight in an all-Business Class configuration with a Boeing 737 that has been refitted as a Business Jet. The aircraft is equipped with 44 modern "lie-flat" seats, which when fully reclined provide an almost horizontal sleeping surface measuring two metres (6'6") in length. More generous tabletop areas, power ports for notebooks as well as a reading lamp that is integrated into the seat create ideal conditions for travellers to work during the flight and prepare for business meetings.

For more information or to make a reservation, please visit our website or contact the Lufthansa Call Center on "0180 – LUFTHANSA" (0180 5 83 84 26), Lufthansa-designated travel agencies or Lufthansa sales counters at airports. The additional shuttle services to Manhattan can be booked up to days before departure via the hotline 01805 838 017.
WOW !!! I am impressed ! ^
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
They can get an entire fleet of helicopters ready. Who wouldn't want to take up this service? There must be some capacity control.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Tim2008
Until 31 March 2008, passengers travelling on this flight can also book a free helicopter or limousine service from the airport to Manhattan.
Free helicopter if booked in C, free limousine if booked in D.

*Der Limousinen-Service steht nur Gästen des Lufthansa Business Jets von Frankfurt nach New York/Newark in den Buchungsklassen D oder C und der Helikopter-Service nur Gästen in der Buchungsklasse C zur Verfügung. Das Angebot gilt nur von Newark nach Manhattan, nicht jedoch für den Rückweg zum Flughafen. Der Limousinen-Service ist täglich, der Helikopter-Service täglich außer sonntags verfügbar. Die Buchung dieser Zusatzleistung ist nur bis zu zwei Tage vor Abflug bis 20.00 Uhr möglich.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 5:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sounds like a response to CO's initiative. Competition is good.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
If you're a ZSHOT, fork over either $210 for the heli or $120 for the limo and you will get the CBANG or DCRACK feeling as well. After 3/31 also the bangs 'n' cracks must pay )
Old Nov 2, 2007, 3:12 am

Programs: LH MM
what about awards?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Lennart
what about awards?
as per fradoc the Z pax pays for the service - and the I pax is theoretically further down the food chain - so I guess paying is the alternative tendered.

Cheers

Thomas
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Lennart
what about awards?
what about awards?! C and D pax get it free so for sure you have to pay for it if you're in I
Old Nov 2, 2007, 5:18 am

Goods service , if it will be same seats as current business jet you will need a quick transfer to hotel for a massage.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 6:17 am

all the details:

Neuanflug FRA–EWR im Lufthansa Business Jet

• Neu ab 28 OCT FRA–EWR im Business Jet (Boeing 737 mit 44 Lie–Flat Sitzen)

• Bedienung täglich außer samstags:

- LH 484 FRA 08.15 Uhr – EWR (Terminal B) 11.20 Uhr,
- LH 485 EWR (Terminal B) 15.55 Uhr – FRA 05.40 Uhr +1

- deutlich frühere Ankunft in NYC gegenüber bisherigem LH – Flugplanangebot
• Zusätzlicher Dienst zu den bereits bestehenden 3 täglichen Flügen FRA–NYC im
3-Klassen-Produkt (2xJFK und 1xEWR), den 2 täglichen Flügen ab MUC (1xJFK und 1xEWR) und dem täglichen LBJ–Flug DUS-EWR.

Spezielles Angebot zum Launch des neuen Fluges: Gratis Helikopter- oder Limousinen-transfer

• LH bietet Kunden, die vom 28.10.07 bis 31.03.08 mit der LH 484 fliegen, einen kostenlosen Transfer vom Flughafen EWR nach Manhattan an.

• Der Helikopterservice wird Kunden mit einer Buchung in der Klasse C angeboten, der
Limousinenservice wird Kunden in den Klassen C oder D angeboten. Es gelten dabei sowohl
published Fares als auch Nettoraten.

• Der Limousinenservice gilt ab EWR zu einem frei wählbaren Ziel in Manhattan ohne
Zwischenstopps. Der Heliservice gilt ab EWR, Terminal C, entweder zum East 34th Street
Heliport oder zum Downtown Manhattan Heliport (Achtung: kein Helikopterservice am Sonntag).

• Das Angebot gilt nur für den Transfer von EWR nach Manhattan, nicht jedoch für den
Rückweg nach EWR und muss am Tag der Ankunft in EWR in Anspruch genommen werden.

Ablauf des Prozesses:
Buchung/Umbuchung/Stornierung

• Gebucht werden kann ab dem 29.10.2007 täglich von 6 – 20 Uhr ausschließlich direkt, mit Angabe der Buchungsnummer (Filekey), über eine exklusive Servicenummer beim Call Center Kassel:
01805–838017 (14 Cent pro Min. aus dem deutschen Festnetz).

• Buchungen müssen bis 2 Tage vor Abflug getätigt werden. Für Umbuchungen gilt die gleiche Deadline.

• Eine Buchungsbestätigung wird vom Call Center per e-mail oder Fax versendet.

• Stornierungen: nach Check–in Schluss wird täglich die Passagierliste der LH 484 mit den für
diesen Tag vorliegenden Limousinen-/Helikopterbuchungen verglichen. Sind Passagiere mit einer Limousinen- oder Helikopterbuchungen nicht an Bord, wird diese automatisch gestrichen.

Ablauf des Prozesses nach Ankunft in EWR

Nach Ankunft steht ein LH Mitarbeiter am Ankunftsfinger als Ansprechpartner bereit.

Limousine

• Passagiere nehmen Ihr Gepäck in Empfang und durchlaufen die Immigration.

• Hinter der Immigration befindet sich ein Mitarbeiter unseres Kooperationspartners an einem gesondert gekennzeichneten Meeting Point (s. rechts), an den sich die Passagiere wenden müssen. Dieser hat eine Liste mit allen Limousinenbuchungen für diesen Tag.

• Der Mitarbeiter unseres Kooperationspartners fordert gegen Vorlage der Buchungsbestätigung eine Limousine an, die innerhalb von 5 Minuten am Terminalausgang bereitsteht.

Helikopter

• Nachdem die Passagiere das Gepäck in Empfang genommen und die Immigration passiert haben, müssen sie sich eigenständig mit dem Air Train von Terminal B in das Terminal C begeben.

• Im Terminal C wird den Passagieren am UH Service Desk bei Gate 71 gegen Vorlage der UH Buchungscodes der Boarding Pass für den Helikopterflug ausgestellt.

• Check–In Deadline US Helicopter: 15 Min. vor Abflug
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
Oh boy... that hotline is clueless.

First they answered the phone with "HON Circle" (twice), then the lady answering the phone got all flustered because I was the first person actually asking for the service. I had booked my flight in D but she still tried to get me helicopter transfer (even though I told her that was only available for C booking class). After 15 minutes of the system not taking it (duh) she then proceeded to give me the limousine transfer I had asked for to the Hilton Times Square... which took a full 45 minutes to process. The highlight was her telling me that I was flying on a Y ticket and thus wasn't eligible. I asked her how I could be flying on a BusinessJet with a Y ticket and that got her thinking ;-)

It'll be interesting to see if everything works out but this is really a nice way of introducing the new flight. Just train your agents, will ya?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:44 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie
www.flyush.com

I think that this is the company that LH partnered with. I used them a couple of times to get to JFK, very cool service, takes less than 10min, no standing in line for security check at airport (depending on the airline you're flying). ^
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Is it US helicopters ?

I used them twice arriving on AA and it was great ^

Nice to see things moving on LH, now if their new F class would come through finally...........
Old Nov 3, 2007, 5:49 am

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
I'm not really getting what the hook on heli transportation is. They "run" about once every hour to 90 minutes and fly all of ten minutes to the city, where you'll then most likely have to get on a cab.

The alternative is to get a limo within five minutes of your exiting the secure area, a limo which will take you straight to anywhere in Manhattan.

Tell me... why would you go for the heli instead of the limo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.