Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

New LH Online check in feature: choose your seat [merged LH OLCI thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

Is OLCI ex-BOM on LH possible?

Has anyone done this in the 24 hour window?

Understand that LH BOM likes to keep seat assignments (eg. priority seating released in the 24 hours prior to the flight) under their thumb, but has anyone successfully done this in Y?

Thanks for the feeback.

SFB
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Is OLCI ex-BOM on LH possible?

Has anyone done this in the 24 hour window?

Understand that LH BOM likes to keep seat assignments (eg. priority seating released in the 24 hours prior to the flight) under their thumb, but has anyone successfully done this in Y?

Thanks for the feeback.

SFB
According to LH's website, OLCI is available as long as you have an electronic ticket. Unfortunately, you will not be able to select your seat, it will be selected for you. If you check in online, you must pick up your boarding pass at the latest 60 minutes before departure. You may pick it up at the Business Class counter, but since you're *G, you get to use that anyway.

I would recommend you check-in online and then call the internet helpline to improve your seat assignment if you're not happy with it.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by alex0683de
According to LH's website, OLCI is available as long as you have an electronic ticket. Unfortunately, you will not be able to select your seat, it will be selected for you. If you check in online, you must pick up your boarding pass at the latest 60 minutes before departure. You may pick it up at the Business Class counter, but since you're *G, you get to use that anyway.

I would recommend you check-in online and then call the internet helpline to improve your seat assignment if you're not happy with it.
Hi alex0683de!

Interesting stuff...system will assign seating for you!!

We actually did choose seats online when booking this e-ticket, but I wanted to score the priority rows...should I call Kassel and ask them for those seats within the 24 hour period, or would they just ignore me, as I have no status (yet, 1.3k short of FTL) yet on LH?

Thanks for your feedback! ^
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Hi alex0683de!

Interesting stuff...system will assign seating for you!!

We actually did choose seats online when booking this e-ticket, but I wanted to score the priority rows...should I call Kassel and ask them for those seats within the 24 hour period, or would they just ignore me, as I have no status (yet, 1.3k short of FTL) yet on LH?

Thanks for your feedback! ^
I'm not particularly happy with the system either...

I would try giving Kassel a call, but you'll need to do some convincing. The priority rows really are reserved for LH status pax, but hey, perhaps you'll get lucky and not many of them are booked in Y on this flight. Make sure to mention your *G status (and that it's not just UA but also SQ, that might help).
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
I'm not particularly happy with the system either...

I would try giving Kassel a call, but you'll need to do some convincing. The priority rows really are reserved for LH status pax, but hey, perhaps you'll get lucky and not many of them are booked in Y on this flight. Make sure to mention your *G status (and that it's not just UA but also SQ, that might help).
I spoke to LH BOM earlier, to try to let them know I'm going to try to use paper SWU's, so hopefully we get lucky!
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
(...)
We actually did choose seats online when booking this e-ticket, but I wanted to score the priority rows...should I call Kassel and ask them for those seats within the 24 hour period
(...)
Yes, within the 24h-period the priority rows are open for everyone for phone-CKI. IME there are always free seats in the priority rows.

(...)
or would they just ignore me, as I have no status (yet, 1.3k short of FTL) yet on LH?
(...)
FTL won't improve the situation, priority rows are only for LH SEN.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bau31888
Yes, within the 24h-period the priority rows are open for everyone for phone-CKI. IME there are always free seats in the priority rows.
Cool - thanks...will call! ^

Originally Posted by bau31888
FTL won't improve the situation, priority rows are only for LH SEN.
Understood!
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:03 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium

Maybe this is stale but I just saw this:

News: Check in online, choose your seat and print out your boarding pass

With an etix® - Lufthansa’s electronic ticket – you can check in from 23 hours before departure and choose your seat whilst at home or at work. Print out your online boarding pass and proceed directly to your gate, saving yourself even more time at the airport.

More information on the new, interactive seating plan
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTLexMUC
Maybe this is stale but I just saw this:

News: Check in online, choose your seat and print out your boarding pass

With an etix® - Lufthansa’s electronic ticket – you can check in from 23 hours before departure and choose your seat whilst at home or at work. Print out your online boarding pass and proceed directly to your gate, saving yourself even more time at the airport.

More information on the new, interactive seating plan
Does it work?
I was in 27F last night on a 320, as a SEN on a full Y fare, which is certainly not the seat of choice...so, some way to manage that would be wonderful!
Old Sep 21, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Well the choise was so far only: aisle or window. I doubt this has changed, but happy to learn it has.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
Originally Posted by TheAirman
Well the choise was so far only: aisle or window. I doubt this has changed, but happy to learn it has.
It has indeed changed some time during this week ^
Saw it yesterday for a first time on DUS-MUC (Did not use it though, as I already had a seat assignment).
Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:54 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Felixberlin
It has indeed changed some time during this week ^
Saw it yesterday for a first time on DUS-MUC (Did not use it though, as I already had a seat assignment).
It would be great. It has been one of the big drawbacks with LH. Pretty much all other carriers you can compare them with has had it for a long time already.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
The good thing is that even after you have checked in, you can revisit the site, review the seatmap and change your seat again any time before departure.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by flysurfer
... change your seat again any time before departure.
If this is correct, they must be more stupid than even I give them credit for. Surely, you mean "any time before you obtain your BP (by printing it yourself or otherwise)"?!
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Either I'm too stupid or the system is (what is a flush plugin or so?), so I checked in for tomorrow morning by phone.
Would be interesting to know if somebody else could choose my neighbour-seat and overwrite the seat-blocking (or if seat-blocking even still exists...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.