Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for official LH lurker, LHrelate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Thumbs up Congratulations!

Congratulations - I think this is a great achievement. LH demonstrates that it is not only able to listen but to learn from feedback and change things for the better (and working in a very large organization myself I know how hard it sometimes can be to change even obvious deficiencies).

As Michelle stated elsewhere this is not only a result of FT but one of customer feedback in general. However, I will take this opportunity to give written feedback to the Wolf (although I understand that LHrelate is a US initiative) to encourage him to further support this kind of customer dialogue. It might be good if I am not the only one in the statistics...

Michelle: Very well done and I think many others here appreciate the extra time and effort you put into LHrelate.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:39 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by yapak2

---- some text here that is not needed for my answer -----

a)no way to refund,
b)no prob, but we recalc to a oneway first,
or
c)no prob and we dont recalc

---- some text here that is not needed for my answer -----

well for the refund procedure here at lufthansa you have to take a few things into consideration.

is it a restricted economy fare then it is for a part refund usually the way that the flight coupon is recalculated into the applicable oneway fare and then taxes can be refunded but the applicable oneway is the wording for a business fare which is usually higher priced in oneway than a return in a restriced eco fare. but please keep in mind that lufthansa reserves the right to recalculate a non used restrictive economy fare into an applicable one way fare.

for a full flex ticket it is always possible to refund the half trip (might be a bit less than the half fare due to recalc to oneway in same class if possible) plus refund unused taxes.

refunds will always be made to the credit card the ticket was paid with, also you need to send in the original passenger receipt for the refund and will recive a corrected one (this is due to the passenger receipt is in germany needed for the tax - offices so a correct one must be issued and original must be destroyed). if you dont have the original one you must fill a (uhm only know the german word - sorry) "freischreibeerklärung" this is something like a lost document report and send it to the ticket office.

very important this procedures apply only for directly at lh booked tickets, other tickets booked in some travel office must be refunded in the ticket issuing office (the travel office in this case)

hope i could answer your questions.

edit: yes i know was already answered just thought i describe it a lil more clear

Last edited by Runabout; Sep 5, 2007 at 5:46 am
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:58 am

Suggestion: Special meal choice for HON or FIRST passengers

I have a suggestion that may at first sound a bit outrageous, but I think it has the potential to further differenciate the LH FIRST product from competitors' without great extra cost, and it would be a very nice extra for HON Circle members:

On some routes, the onboard LH meals are pretty bad (while on others they're pretty good!). If an LH FIRST passenger arrives on a long flight and changes to such a connecting flight, his last impression of LH will be less than optimum.

My suggestion: LH could add another choice to the special meal selections that already exist, open only to FIRST and HON passengers traveling on flights that offer no First Class.

This option should be brought to the passenger's attention at the time of booking (and of course through advertising), and should be pre-selectable like other special meals (for all bookings).

The FIRST/HON special meal would still be smaller or bigger depending on the flight duration, but would offer a visibly nicer, [slightly] more valuable meal to those special passengers.

I imagine that the actual extra cost would not be excessive as existing mechanisms would be used - those passengers can already order vegetarian or whatever other choice there is, thus the effort of delivery etc. should not be counted as extra cost.

Imagine *doubling* the value/cost of the actual meal (and I don't think so high an increase would be necessary to make a difference). The passenger would see "wow, foie gras" (or whatever), but it appears the total number of such meals would be so small that the total cost of all meals served would not go up noticeably.

Wouldn't that be nice to have, on all flights?
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by rnprivat
The passenger would see "wow, foie gras"
Yeah, and so would the pax sitting next to the HON in domestic Y. Of course they would immediately ask the FA for the same meal.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: LH
Question LH Lurker / LH relate

I have a suggestion that may at first sound a bit outrageous, but I think it has the potential to further differenciate the LH FIRST product from competitors' without great extra cost, and it would be a very nice extra for HON Circle members:

On some routes, the onboard LH meals are pretty bad (while on others they're pretty good!). If an LH FIRST passenger arrives on a long flight and changes to such a connecting flight, his last impression of LH will be less than optimum.

My suggestion: LH could add another choice to the special meal selections that already exist, open only to FIRST and HON passengers traveling on flights that offer no First Class.

This option should be brought to the passenger's attention at the time of booking (and of course through advertising), and should be pre-selectable like other special meals (for all bookings).

The FIRST/HON special meal would still be smaller or bigger depending on the flight duration, but would offer a visibly nicer, [slightly] more valuable meal to those special passengers.

I imagine that the actual extra cost would not be excessive as existing mechanisms would be used - those passengers can already order vegetarian or whatever other choice there is, thus the effort of delivery etc. should not be counted as extra cost.

Imagine *doubling* the value/cost of the actual meal (and I don't think so high an increase would be necessary to make a difference). The passenger would see "wow, foie gras" (or whatever), but it appears the total number of such meals would be so small that the total cost of all meals served would not go up noticeably.

Hi rnprivat,

I can not aware me of the impression that some people only forward selfish stuff to LH lurker.

Good luck,
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I have a suggestion ...
If an LH FIRST passenger arrives on a long flight and changes to such a connecting flight, his last impression of LH will be less than optimum.

I am coming more and more to the opinion, that some people just get into the air in order to eat and drink.

Let me enlight you: After an arrival in FIRST on LH and an onward connection on LH this must be at FRA or MUC, right? FRA and MUC already offer excellent food and drink services in LH facilities with names, such as FCL and FCT.

Having this in mind, not to forget the FIRST service on board (full meal after departure, some snacks on long flights, breakfast/dinner/lunch before arrival) how much do you think FIRST pax or HONs want to eat in addition?

This is a hilarious request, IMHO.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold

What a load of non-sense ...
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Rambuster
What a load of non-sense ...
Right, that's why SQ has BTC....nonsense isn't it?

It differentiates SQ from all the other competitors in the market, so what he is suggesting is not that far out of order, on a global scale, but maybe not for LH...

I had a chance to visit the FCT a week ago, but never had the time to run down there and also try to connect to my European flight, so some good food might be nice on the next sector!

Just my opinion!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 19, 2007 at 3:42 pm
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Right, that's why SQ has BTC
On shorthaul in C? Cool.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by flysurfer
On shorthaul in C? Cool.
Yup, even ex-SIN to CGK (I would consider this a shorthaul....)
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, that's why SQ has BTC....nonsense isn't it?

It differentiates SQ from all the other competitors in the market, so he is suggesting is not that far out of order, on a global scale, but maybe not for LH...

I had a chance to visit the FCT a week ago, but never had the time to run down there and also try to connect to my European flight, so some good food might be nice on the next sector!

Just my opinion!
SQ's "Book the Cook" is nothing comparable to the request of a "visibly nicer, [slightly] more valuable meal to those special passengers" on the connecting short-haul flight !

The request was made for these special meals on shorthaul. I agree with SleepOverGreenland that F pax (and C for that matter) are quite well fed on longhaul and have additional ample opportunity to eat more at the FCT. Also, I do not think that connecting F pax will be in Y on their onward journey, therefore they will get another meal on the intra-Europe C segments.

Therefore, I stand by my initial opinion.

Last edited by Rambuster; Sep 19, 2007 at 3:49 pm
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:50 pm

SQ's "Book the Cook" is nothing comparable to the request of a "visibly nicer, [slightly] more valuable meal to those special passengers" on the connecting short-haul flight !

The request was made for these special meals on shorthaul. I agree with SleepOverGreenland that F pax (and C for that matter) are quite well fed on longhaul and have additional ample opportunity to eat more at the FCT. Also, I do not think that connecting F pax will be in Y on their onward journey, therefore they will get another meal on the intra-Europe C segments.

Therefore, I stand by my initial opinion.
Understood, but I find that what they serve in F on the Indian sectors really sucks, so I hardly eat any of that "food", ex-India....ex-FRA is something better.

Btw, we just had the bottles of water in C today, and thanks to LHRelate!! ^

However, when I asked for a second bottle from the FA, he said they were not given any more than what was out there for the C pax, and sorry!

On SK in C, we get unlimited *offers* for more water bottles throughout the flight! ^ (hint!)
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On SK in C, we get unlimited *offers* for more water bottles throughout the flight! ^ (hint!)
SK has no F product.
On LH, "unlimited" service is reservered to F.
And HONs, of course, in any COS.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Understood, but I find that what they serve in F on the Indian sectors really sucks, so I hardly eat any of that "food", ex-India....ex-FRA is something better.

Btw, we just had the bottles of water in C today, and thanks to LHRelate!! ^

However, when I asked for a second bottle from the FA, he said they were not given any more than what was out there for the C pax, and sorry!

On BA J you get a water bottle (500 ml) but usually when you ask for a new one they will tend to refill the old one. Basically that is fine too as it seems to be a bit of a space issue.

It's a huge improvement for LH though to hand out the bottles now. I certainly always need them after extensive "wine tasting" (=excessive boozing)
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:03 pm

On BA J you get a water bottle (500 ml) but usually when you ask for a new one they will tend to refill the old one. Basically that is fine too as it seems to be a bit of a space issue.
I agree - also saves the environment a bit as well...

It's a huge improvement for LH though to hand out the bottles now. I certainly always need them after extensive "wine tasting" (=excessive boozing)
But do you really like the wines in C??

They had a good Chilean red for a while, but tonight there was an okay Medoc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.