Search
Old Sep 18, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AlicorporateUK
LOT Business Class Catering

Europe

All services except BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Pork slices with chickpea and tomato paste, quinoa salad with a yoghurt dressing.
2. Peach yoghurt, variety of cold cuts, cheese and boiled egg (breakfast).
3. Cured ham, stuffed zucchini, herring salad.
4. Salmon tartare, stuffed zucchini, pâté.

5. Cajun duck slices, fresh fruit.

BCN/CDG/FCO/LHR/MAD
Current Options (Sep-2023)

1. Potato dumplings (pierogi), salad, dessert.
2. Salmon fillet, salad, dessert.
3. Cod fillet, salad, dessert.
4. Pork loin, salad, dessert.
5. Beef, salad, dessert.
Print Wikipost

LOT Polish intra-Europe Business Class catering

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
LOT Polish intra-Europe Business Class catering

I have a flight later this month on a LOT flight between WAW and TXL on an ATR. However, the seat preassigned to me is 15A. Can anyone who's flown this service explain why business class is in the back (remiscent of the old Vickers Viscount days) and how the service differs from what's going on up front on the same plane? The flight is over the dinner hour, does LOT serve a coldplate on its propjets or a hot meal?
Old May 3, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
On the ATRs you enter the aircraft at the rear of the cabin, so it probably makes more sense to have business class at the back rather than at the front, at least if you want to make sure business class passengers can disembark first.

I flew LOT recently ZRH-WAW in business class, that was on an ERJ145.
The service was fine with nice and attentive service. They served a hot meal on my flight, but since WAW-TXL is slightly shorter they might only serve a snack/cold meal on that flight.

I posted a trip report with a few pics which you can read below, there are also reviews of the two lounges at WAW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676816
Old May 3, 2007, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the info. Never flown this type of aircraft so hadn't realized one boards at the back...as you say, it does make sense. Discovered the meal is a cold plate...not just because the flight is so short, but because the prop-jet fleet doesn't have ovens. Thanks for the link to your flight report, quite useful. Last time I was at WAW, it was for a very early SK flight and none of the lounges was opened.
Old May 3, 2007, 2:19 pm

I have done my share of LOT ATRs... Yes, they put c-class at the back due to the aircraft design, so your seating probably is correct.
A warning: these planes are really shabby and dirty, sorry to say. Mainly used for domestic polish flights but I randomly see them even at ARN.
Old May 3, 2007, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the warning, SK_RSJ. Not much choice to Berlin...maybe it's retribution for the blitzkreig?!

And jacob_m, your Trip Reports are stupendous! Having flown a lot of those First Class cabins and routes myself, and passed similar hours in those premium lounges (SQ wouldn't let me into their SYD lounge when I was flying TG in First, used the First section of the NZ lounge; and you didn't experience the showers in the SIN SilverKris First lounge) your reports really brought back fond memories. Spent over an hour reading the two threads! (Also pleased with your impressions of our MLLs. AC has been upgrading these across the country. But you did miss out on the beer pouring machine at the RCC next to the TG lounge at HKG...otherwise, RCCs are a letdown.
Old May 5, 2007, 6:58 pm

Intra Europe Business on the E175

Any reviews of business on the E175 or on the 737? I am doing a segment from ATH - WAW and then from WAW to FRA and wanted to know if it was worth some schedule inconvenience on my second flight for a business class seat on LOT or if economy on Lufthansa would work better. Any input would be appreciated.
Old May 7, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks for the warning, SK_RSJ. Not much choice to Berlin...maybe it's retribution for the blitzkreig?!

And jacob_m, your Trip Reports are stupendous!
Thanks a lot Shareholder!!! I'm glad you enjoyed my reports!!
I guess I should have made a go at the beer machine in the UA lounge in HKG as well, but I really thought three F-lounges was enough and the UA lounge seemed to be the least desirable to visit (they usually are).

Regarding your flight to Berlin you'll be fine on the ATR, surely it's not the most comfortable plane to fly on, but WAW-TXL is only one hour anyway.

Originally Posted by brysal
Any reviews of business on the E175 or on the 737?
The Embraer 175 is a lovely plane to fly, very nice modern cabin and really comfortable seats. One of my favourite aircrafts.
As on all intra-European flights the legroom is the same in both business and economy, but it's fairly decent on the E175.
Catering should be standard LOT business, probably similar to what I got on ZRH-WAW (see trip report above).

I haven't flown LOT B737, but I've heard the cabins are starting to look old and worn, try to get on an E175 if you can.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
How is Lot Business Class Intra Europe nowadays? I have a Business trip comming up in their cabin. Is the food any good (With Lufthansa intra-Europe Bussiness class i like to prefer to eat in the lounge since the food is so basic in the BC cabin)? Any extras compared to Lufthansa?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:26 am

LO has better food then LH in their lounge so I'd suggest dinning there.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:33 am

Thanks Lack, never been inside LOT lounges but glad they are better then LH. Anybody knows how to on board service is?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:03 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I've only flown LOT shorthaul business a couple of times last year but even on short flights such as FRA-WAW and WAW-FRA, the food was much better than on LH. I was quite impressed. A friend who recently flew the route confirms this.

Business Class meal - LO379 WAW-FRA January 2016

Business Class meal - LO382 FRA-WAW January 2016

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:38 am

That looks delicious! Thanks NewbieRunner
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:41 am

Portions at breakfast are massive, good if you have an increased appetite first in the morning.

G
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
FWIW, food in Premium Economy on short haul looks almost the same as on the picture above (I flew TLL-WAW in PE in June), except they don't bother with pulling the foil wrapping off the plates and you might have a more limited choice of wines.

The food comes from DO&CO.

Originally Posted by toonmelis
Thanks Lack, never been inside LOT lounges but glad they are better then LH.
There is only one LOT lounge in the whole universe: the Polonez lounge in WAW. All the others lounges are contracted and, especially in regional airports, may have limited food options.

If you've got access to Polonez, you really have no reason to go to the airport restaurants.

Last edited by marcoos; Sep 18, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:42 am

Do I have Access to Fast track in CDG and VNO as LOT Business Class passanger (not *
G) Searched their website but all I could find about access to fast-track was

- Fast Track in Warsaw (long-haul flights)

Last edited by toonmelis; Sep 21, 2017 at 8:42 am Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.