Search

3,000 miles with Deutsche Bank

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2003, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
3,000 miles with Deutsche Bank

I believe that 3,000 miles can be gained by a Deutsche Bank acc holder recommending a new customer. However, can I, seeking a new bank acc in Germany, also pick up these miles? And what are Deutsche Bank's services like? Do they charge a lot for a current account (which I think should be free, given the prosperity of the banks)?
Old Oct 13, 2003, 3:11 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
I believe that 3,000 miles can be gained by a Deutsche Bank acc holder recommending a new customer. However, can I, seeking a new bank acc in Germany, also pick up these miles? And what are Deutsche Bank's services like? Do they charge a lot for a current account (which I think should be free, given the prosperity of the banks)?</font>
Deutsche Bank is one of the more exspensive banks AFAIK.
Old Oct 13, 2003, 7:27 am
Original Member

You can open a free saving account (deposit at least 500 euro for one day, if you want to get the bonus). it works. i did it.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Won't that involve an awful lot of paperwork and admin, and upset the bank somewhat?
Old Oct 16, 2003, 5:05 am
Original Member

Concerto, who cares about the bank? They are offering that promotion. It takes less than 5 minutes by internet signing-up or 15 minutes at a branch of Deutsche Bank.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Right, I'm on. Thanks for everything.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry to come back once again on this Michilo, but ordinary savings accounts are far from free. Unless I completely misunderstood what an ordinary savings account is in German, I was quoted in Suhl that they cost EUR3,99 a month to maintain. If I can get one free, I'll stay with Deutshce Bank. They were very freindly, and client treatment means a lot to me with these institutions. I heard that they charge a whack to close an account as well, especially if it's only been open a short while.
Old Oct 20, 2003, 4:17 am
Original Member

Concerto: The Deutsche Bank Sparcard is free of charge.

http://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/inde..._sparcard.html

http://www.deutsche-bank.de/pbc/cont...onen1.html#spc

BTW German banks are not entitled to charge a fee when closing an account...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.