Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on Asian F Award

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Advice on Asian F Award

Hello everyone,

I am using LH miles for a trip to asia this summer. I saw the elusive NH F seat available in August and grabbed it.

So far I have pieced together:

LX C: MUC-ZRHx
LX F: ZRH-NRTx
NH C: NRT-HKGo
NH C: HKG-NRTo
NH F: NRT-FRAx
LH C: FRA-MUC

I really want to try NH F. I am aware of the following options:

1. Wait and get a rare NH F on the outbound about 3 days before departure
2. Take an available LH F non-stop from MUC.
3. Take an available LH F via FRA and try the FCT.
4. I will probably try for OZ F via SEL for the HKG-NRT portion to try that out. I thought that 3 connections were possible according to the amount of miles spent, but today the agent said no, it correlates to how many zones. Only a 3 zone award would get 3 connections according to him, but he said we could do that if the return was only to FRA. I then asked if that constituted an open jaw with a stopover, but it started getting complicated then. (I try to do only one main thing per call or the agents get befuddled.)

So any suggestions? I don't really care what my ultimate destination is. I just want to fly NH F and use the limits of the award options. I don't really go crazy over lounges, so that argument is not so strong. Many people have enjoyed LX lately and they have more up to date seats. I think the food looks better on LH. Caviar is not so important to me either. I can buy that if I REALLY NEED it! As far as LH is concerned many people say that the crews can be iffy, but MUC based less so. (However, colleagues of mine were in LH C MUC-NRT last year and said the crew was horrible.)

I wonder if I should just leave the NH F experience for a *FRTW and use my miles for things like QR or something off the beaten path....

Oh BTW, I am also holding an SQ F LAX-NRT-SIN-LAX with DL miles for basically the same time period. I did that trip last year and loved it, so that would be a repeat. The world is my oyster^
THIS IS FUN!!!!

Thanks,
elsie

P.S. Should this post be here or in M&M?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Hello all,

I had posted this on the star Alliance forum, but I am using LH Miles, so maybe this is more appropriate here. Any suggestions on how to max out a Central Asia F award?

Thanks,
elsie
Old Apr 30, 2007, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NH F: Grab it while you can

I overheard that NH was about to restrict F-awards to its own elite member only. Reminds me of the old SR who had a similar restriction at the time.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cesco.g
I overheard that NH was about to restrict F-awards to its own elite member only. Reminds me of the old SR who had a similar restriction at the time.
Thanks for the tip! I never heard about the SR thing. I was able fly SR F several times with DL miles.
Old May 1, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by elsie

So any suggestions? I don't really care what my ultimate destination is. I just want to fly NH F and use the limits of the award options.

P.S. Should this post be here or in M&M?
Then just book your trip to NRT - NH F is a great product and access to it is quite limited (and might become even more limited in the future). And the combination of LX F and NH F is a win-win.

As far as your *FRTW is concerned, give SQ's new F a try CGD/ZRH-SIN.
Old May 1, 2007, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SMK77
As far as your *FRTW is concerned, give SQ's new F a try CGD/ZRH-SIN.
Just look out for the surcharges on SQ legs on RTW tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.