Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"FTL for 20k" - LH being stubborn!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2003, 1:05 am
Original Poster

"FTL for 20k" - LH being stubborn!

Last year brought us the "sign up for M&M and get FTL for 20k" special. I signed up. I flew 32k. I still cannot get my FTL status!

I've sent them 3 faxes with all the docs, including the online sign up form that BlondeBomber (thanks, BB) kindly sent me. Still no FTL.

They say I didn't comply with one of the requirements: I was supposed to fly 3,000 miles before 2-28. I've looked through everything I have and can only find that "if you fly 3,000 miles before 2-28, you will get an additional welcome bonus of 3,000 miles", but nothing about it being a requirement.

Does anyone have this info?
- If it *was* a requirement, the online form was misleading, but I'll have to accept it
- If it was not, then HELP! I don't know what to do anymore. Who can I talk to? I cannot get "Kerstin" ("mileage supervisor" at the toll free number) to get me my much wanted FTL!!!

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 1:34 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
You have to be insistant and get a supervisor.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 6:25 am
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by noflyzone:
Last year brought us the "sign up for M&M and get FTL for 20k" special. I signed up. I flew 32k. I still cannot get my FTL status!

I've sent them 3 faxes with all the docs, including the online sign up form that BlondeBomber (thanks, BB) kindly sent me. Still no FTL.

They say I didn't comply with one of the requirements:
</font>
I do not know if this is for any help but that BlondeBomber (TalkBoard Member for years) is Canadian.

I remember the promo you talking about was for members who signed up with an Canadian or US mailing address. I do not know, if it works with an address in Span too.

Old Feb 17, 2003, 7:13 am

--&gt; sorry to advise that if LH M&M says no, it is no ... the just cxld my Senator status - simply because the booked my full fare F flights Bkk - Fra - Bkk miles against a ROP account --&gt; and no, even after sending all the Docs - the miles are gone ...

so - dont waste any money on phone call's you will not get anywhere - i am afraid .

best wishes
Toby on the road

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by noflyzone:

They say I didn't comply with one of the requirements: I was supposed to fly 3,000 miles before 2-28. I've looked through everything I have and can only find that "if you fly 3,000 miles before 2-28, you will get an additional welcome bonus of 3,000 miles", but nothing about it being a requirement.

Does anyone have this info?
- If it *was* a requirement, the online form was misleading, but I'll have to accept it
- If it was not, then HELP! I don't know what to do anymore. Who can I talk to? I cannot get "Kerstin" ("mileage supervisor" at the toll free number) to get me my much wanted FTL!!!

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
</font>
Old Feb 17, 2003, 4:53 pm
Suspended

What is an ROP account? Never heard the term before and want to make sure I won't lose any miles in my account at some point in the future.

Also for the FTL at 20K bonus, not sure if it matters or not, but it was targetted to North Americans where the FTL level is only 35K. I qualified under this promo and simply got it with a couple of phone calls to the VIP desk of M&M.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
ROP is the nickname of the Thai Airways frequent flier program, which is one of the worst in the Star Alliance, but then so is the airline.

I had the same "problem" with the 20,000 level for FTL status. One call cured it all.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. Sorry, forgot to mention it. I do have an US account.

(to Peter42)
Can you suggest a supervisor that is above the "mileage supervisor" in the M&M toll free? I don't know who to turn to. MapleLeaf suggests the VIP desk, but I don't have that number.

(to Always Flyin)
Can you remember if you flew 3,000 miles before Feb 28?

This FTL thing is a pain because my wife is in the same situation... I think they should comply with their end of the deal since we did too!

[This message has been edited by noflyzone (edited 02-18-2003).]
Old Feb 18, 2003, 6:24 am
Suspended

If you send me your email I will send you the North America VIP desk phone number. Won't be till tonight though, currently on the road.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:19 am
Original Poster

I never thought I would see the day....

I called VIP desk (nice folks!) and after sending all my info by fax FOR THE FOURTH TIME, and another week's wait (what is one week after my first enquiry was in June 2002?) I finally got FTL status!

Thanks, peter42 and MapleLeaf!

Any FTL "goodies" I should be aware of that are not necessarily posted?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 1:19 am

That means you got FTL although the promo was targeted to US and Canadian customers, you are located in Spain therefore have no US account but still managed to "talk them into" granting you the status - good job.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 4:56 am

Actually, NOFLYZONE mentioned above that he has a US account.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 6:59 am

Apparently. I misread his post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.