Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge at Washington Dulles [IAD] [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Another IAD lounge question

What is the setup for LH in IAD? i do hope its not the RCC. The site suggests there is a generic Star Alliance Lounge. I cant seem to find any other lounges on the map of the terminal. We are flying LH419 to Fra
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by franjelley
What is the setup for LH in IAD? i do hope its not the RCC. The site suggests there is a generic Star Alliance Lounge. I cant seem to find any other lounges on the map of the terminal. We are flying LH419 to Fra
It's a RCC. And at least the one in the B Terminal is not worth the effort to go there. No food (except some apples and granola bars, bad coffee and tab water.....

Cheers, S
Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
For 419 you would use the RCC. The other two LH flights operate out of the B terminal where they use the NW lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:05 am

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by gnaget
For 419 you would use the RCC. The other two LH flights operate out of the B terminal where they use the NW lounge.
For the LH flights departing from the B terminal, does the NW lounge serve as the Star Gold lounge or do you have to take the shuttle to C/D and go to the RCC?
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You need an invite to get into the NW lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by oliver2002
IIRC, with a LH ticket in C/F you can step in immediately. But I'm quite sure *G card doesn't work there and as LH SEN/HON in Y cabin you may need a invitation letter, probably available at the gate.

However, this lounge is still nothing to write home about. Everything is placed very narrow together, so you can't feel comfortable. Food and drinks is for free and not too bad in particular in comparison to the RCC.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:55 am

Location: Washington DC; UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Thank you for the replies. It looks like I will need to head to the RCC in terminal C/D unless an invitation is received for the NW lounge.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
I honestly would not consider using the NW lounge, but rather go for the RCC lounge opposite the gate where FRA419 leaves. The NW lounge is pretty run down, and food offerings are definitely not much better. But seating comfort at the RCC and the size of the RCC lounge itself is definitely way better than the dreadful NW lounge. Whenever I have a flight that leaves from B (the Munich flight, or the early afternoon Frankfurt one), I always go back to the RCC - and there is a direct "mobile lounge" connection between the two terminals so you don't have to go all the way back to the main terminal.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No there are no invitations. They have the manifest and you show the BP...
I also went ther eonce before hte gate was open and I didn't have a BP yet, they let me in with my card, certainly helps to exlpain why I didn't have a BP
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:01 pm

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
F Class LH RRC Entry.

If you're flying F Class on LH 419, do you get to go to the 1st class RRC?
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by ckc123
RRC?
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
Opps

Originally Posted by flysurfer
RRC?

I ment RCC (Red Carpet Club) My dyslexia kicked in. sorry.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
United doesn't seem to brand its International First Class lounges as Red Carpet Clubs, but yes, you do get to go there when flying LH 1st.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I ment RCC (Red Carpet Club) My dyslexia kicked in. sorry.
You could go to a RCC, but UA's international F pax are supposed to go to the IFL, which is a little bit better. The IFL is open to LH F pax, too, at least as long as LH doesn't provide their own lounge for their F pax.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by cdsen
I honestly would not consider using the NW lounge, but rather go for the RCC lounge opposite the gate where FRA419 leaves. The NW lounge is pretty run down, and food offerings are definitely not much better. But seating comfort at the RCC and the size of the RCC lounge itself is definitely way better than the dreadful NW lounge. Whenever I have a flight that leaves from B (the Munich flight, or the early afternoon Frankfurt one), I always go back to the RCC - and there is a direct "mobile lounge" connection between the two terminals so you don't have to go all the way back to the main terminal.
Interesting. I personally wouldn't bother. I find the RCC tends to be crowded and getting to the bar for a drink is a pain. For the Munich flight perhaps the RCC is less crowded because it is later. The NW lounge has an open bar and tends to be quieter. Admittedly, I haven't taken the early Frankfurt flight so I couldn't say what it is like at that time. All in all, neither lounge is much to speak of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.