Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Easter in the US ex Germany

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2003, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Easter in the US ex Germany

I am desparately looking for decent fares to NYC/BOS/IAD to spend Easter on the East Coast (NYC/BOS + Washington) from April 11-25. All good fares end april 10 or are seasonal (eg QLAB1MUS) black outs. Should I wait for LH do dump unsold seats in late March? Anyone got any leads?

Thanx in advance
Oliver
Old Feb 4, 2003, 8:48 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Do you want to fly to all three of those destinations? I presume you want to go to any of those.

Where are you travelling from in Germany? Do you have any alternatives?

FRA-BOS - €464 (LH)
FRA-NYC - €464 (LH)
FRA-IAD - €491 (LH)

Not exactly cheap, but not that bad either...I honestly would wait until the last minute offers come up and fly with LTU´R. Since you have three possible destinations the chances that your route is available are very good. By the way, if you call LTUR directly they have more availability. Boston for instance is normally around €356 including tax.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:30 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oliver2002:
I am desparately looking for decent fares to NYC/BOS/IAD to spend Easter on the East Coast (NYC/BOS + Washington) from April 11-25. All good fares end april 10 or are seasonal (eg QLAB1MUS) black outs. Should I wait for LH do dump unsold seats in late March? Anyone got any leads?</font>
In my experience the Easter holidays in German schools set the end of the "cheap" airfares. As these begin on April 12th this year it is clear why the sales end on April 10th.

You usually won't find any "sale" fares for that time (e.g. WEFLYLH or similar), so QK-fares will probably be your best bet. However you are pretty late booking this trip, so it MAY be that there is no availability in Q-class any more (or at least currently). In fact for my flights on April 12th to SFO only H class has availabilty, and even that is very limited (I booked these flights in Augustr last year). So maybe that's the reason why you did not get any good price...

Greetings - Dirk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.