Wiki Posts
Search

Would an LH Award Allow this Routing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bau31888
As e.g. MAD-Kiev//Kiev-CDG (or VIE) and also Kiev-MAD//MAD-ATH can be priced normally (15k for flysmart and 28k for a standard award), I would guess that the shortest-of-3-sides-of-the-triangle-rule applies here!
I'm sorry. You say it *can* be priced out, but I don't think I'm obeying the shortest side rule, since the open jaw is MAD-ATH, which is NOT the shortest. Sorry, I'm just not following.

I guess worst case is I booked MAD-FRA|MUC-KBP//KBP-FRA|MUC-MAD as a r/t award and throw away the last sector and buy a FRA|MUC-ATH ticket, which are alway cheap!

Last edited by BenjaminNYC; Apr 1, 2007 at 7:43 am
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Also, what is FlySmart?
If you book you award <14d in advance, fly only LH/OS/LO/LX metal and keep a saturday night stay, you can book it online for only 15k/25k in Y/C inside europe instead of 30k for a traditional *A award in Y inside europe.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
I guess worst case is I booked MAD-FRA|MUC-KBP//KBP-FRA|MUC-MAD as a r/t award and throw away the last sector and buy a FRA|MUC-ATH ticket, which are alway cheap!
No need to throw away the last sector! Simply do not book it! You can book an award ticket MAD-MUC-Kiev//Kiev-FRA (btw: less than 90 Euros taxes).

But still, I'd follow the suggestion of the others to call M&M, if you can book the full trip on one award ticket.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
If you book you award <14d in advance, fly only LH/OS/LO/LX metal and keep a saturday night stay, you can book it online for only 15k/25k in Y/C inside europe instead of 30k for a traditional *A award in Y inside europe.
Ah yes... I did find that after I posted and edited my post, but you're too fast! The Saturday night stay will trip me up here. Thanks, though.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bau31888
No need to throw away the last sector! Simply do not book it! You can book an award ticket MAD-MUC-Kiev//Kiev-FRA (btw: less than 90 Euros taxes).

But still, I'd follow the suggestion of the others to call M&M, if you can book the full trip on one award ticket.
OK I will call. It's fantastic having *A miles that I can actually use! ^
Old Apr 2, 2007, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH and BA
OK I will call. It's fantastic having *A miles that I can actually use! ^
BTW any open jaw is allowed on an award as long as it is the same region... outbound or inbound ..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.