Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You'd better not use your LH miles for private trips...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2002, 11:23 am

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ralfkrippner:
Berki: I'm not shure if you are 100% correct. Think of all those bavarians being MP's... </font>
EXCUSE ME ???

[This message has been edited by roesner (edited 08-02-2002).]
Old Aug 2, 2002, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally speaking Germans of Turkish origin (Third generation, sometimes second) must elect to choose their citizenship at the age of 18.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 7:38 pm
msn

Actually, it would be pretty easy for a person in the amt to come up with a list of suspects as well - if you list the number of flights each person has taken, and then list how many vouchers were signed off for flights for each perosn, anyone who had an equal number of flights and vouchers would be worth looking at, and this would lead you to Lufthansa to confirm.

Even without access to Lufthansa records, you coul do some math that (travelling business class in Germany) four return flights in one month would give 20,000 miles as Senator - so in a year you could have picked up quite a few short haul flights, and for people who regularly travel "home" from Berlin, no trouble to plan some dates in advance.

Just based on this, you could write a letter to each person and ask each to "clarify" their usage of miles for reward travel for official business - as it appears Bild has done.

As far as Herr Schröder not earning and burning miles, it is likely due to the fact that the Luftwaffe is not participating in Miles and More (yet)!
Old Aug 5, 2002, 5:13 am
Uli

Big feature about this in today´s SPIEGEL magazine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.