Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New page for everything about Miles..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2001, 3:18 am
Original Poster

New page for everything about Miles..

I am planning to build up a new german-speaking internet-site about mileage-programms. I have some ideas that might be new and I`m looking for People who are interested in joining my project (not financially) and are willing to devote some time. My page will certainly be no competition to the sites that are currently on the net but it will be really new and useful to all members of Frequent Flyer Programms.
Old Jul 3, 2001, 4:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Meilensammler:
I am planning to build up a new german-speaking internet-site about mileage-programms. I have some ideas that might be new and I`m looking for People who are interested in joining my project (not financially) and are willing to devote some time. My page will certainly be no competition to the sites that are currently on the net but it will be really new and useful to all members of Frequent Flyer Programms. </font>
Sounds interesting to me - I could devote some time......

Old Jul 4, 2001, 1:40 am
Original Member

ich auch
Old Jul 4, 2001, 2:27 am
Suspended

Dito !!
Old Jul 4, 2001, 4:30 am

...und ich auch
Old Jul 4, 2001, 5:13 am

Being one of those superflous IT-Consultants I could provide some resources (more knowledge than time).

Some questions so far:
-Do we have someone to do the hosting for a reasonable price?
-Do we have a basic software platform that covers our needs?
-Do we want to limit this venture to the internet. Do we want to go wireless?
-Do we really have the resources (i.e. time) not only to set-up but develop this venture?
-Do we have a chance to cover the inevitable costs (hosting, licences etc.)

Another important issue: Do we really want to limit this to the german speaking audience? This considerably reduces the user community ... and i.t.e. the user community is what makes places like this so attractive.

Even http://www.flyersplaces.com seems to have some problems attracting enuff people.
Old Jul 4, 2001, 5:42 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I would participate, too - and could perhaps help out with some aspects Oliver mentioned as well.

Even more important than just setting this up is attracting some audience with real content... and that's what it comes down to. This site has to be maintained by us as well!
Old Jul 4, 2001, 9:02 am

sounds great to me too
Old Jul 9, 2001, 7:32 am
Original Poster

thank you all for your interest in my project. Currently I`m in the process of securing a domain for my (our) page and I will let you know as soon as all the basics are set up. If you have any questions or suggestions: my e-mail is [email protected]
Old Jul 10, 2001, 10:49 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sounds great. I cant devote any time, but I will gladly contribute once the site is up and running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.