Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

what cheapest/shortest routes are F class from FRA? how to try FCT for not to much$?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what cheapest/shortest routes are F class from FRA? how to try FCT for not to much$?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:07 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all, I live in the UK and also work in Germany occasionally. Related to the sticky FRA first class terminal thread, I was wondering how it might be possible to try the FCT with a short trip somewhere, and not too expensive... Maybe those two ideas are exclusive, in that maybe there are no cheap first class tickets to places from FRA, but I was just wondering. What routes from FRA have first class? (i.e. what routes are 3-class service) and which of them might be "affordable"? It seems that most intraEuropean service is 2 class.

perhaps the best way would be to redeem some miles for such a trip? (lowest redeemed mileage for a first class ticket?)

thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2007, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DXB, TLV and CAI come to mind. F is their premium product, so expect nothing cheap, unless you buy the ticket in the cheaper EU countries like ATH and MIL or dirt cheap TIP/CAI tickets. Just do a search.

For award redemption look at the M&M site.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
You can use the FCT on a connection (just allow sufficient time between flights). Probably connecting flights will be cheaper in money (or same in miles).

Charles
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:03 pm

Wouldn't you rather dine at a great restaurant or overnight in a deluxe suite for far less than the cheapest LH F flight? I have never understood the fascination with airline lounges. If I'm on my A game, I will spend no time at an airport lounge -- from the car to check-in to the plane is ideal.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by Colin
I have never understood the fascination with airline lounges. If I'm on my A game, I will spend no time at an airport lounge -- from the car to check-in to the plane is ideal.
Have to agree. Thanks to good timing/planning and sticking to nonstop flights wherever it was possible, I can usually avoid wasting time in airline lounges or limit my stay to less than 20 minutes (usually to check my email before my flight etc).

I haven't seen the FCT in more than a year, as I was smart/lucky enough to avoid FRA in all of 2006 and most of 2005.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Colin
Wouldn't you rather dine at a great restaurant or overnight in a deluxe suite for far less than the cheapest LH F flight? I have never understood the fascination with airline lounges. If I'm on my A game, I will spend no time at an airport lounge -- from the car to check-in to the plane is ideal.
Yes, but if you are a serious frequent flyer, you gotta try the FCT just once. So you will then know just how lame every other lounge is in the world. I've tried it a few times, but only with free upgrade coupons. So I haven't had to sacrifice dining at any great restaurants.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
For example, there is a really cheap fare in LH F CAI-LCA €321 one-way. But unfortunately there is no return fare from LCA to CAI and LH has no F to LCA. Also, I don't know if it is possible to price it because it goes by mileage and MPM CAI-LCA is 423 miles, whereas CAI-FRA-LCA is 3457 miles... Still, a good fare .-)
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
Agree

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, but if you are a serious frequent flyer, you gotta try the FCT just once. So you will then know just how lame every other lounge is in the world. I've tried it a few times, but only with free upgrade coupons. So I haven't had to sacrifice dining at any great restaurants.
I agree that you do not want to spend a lot of time in any airport, however as a frequent flyer you definitely want to experience the FCT at least once. I had a two hour layover in FRA last week on a FC award ticket from BOS. The FCT was unbelievable and as it turned out my connecting flight was delayed 3 hours (the real reason airport lounges are a good thing). And the ride in the Mercedes to the airplane was very unique.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:30 am

Hmm... I know some people who'd dearly like to set up camp overnight at the FCT, including myself.
But alas it isn't open 24/7 like Hotel SKL.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:54 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by QF009
But alas it isn't open 24/7 like Hotel SKL.
How long before the flight goes can I enter Hotel SKL? 47h before departure, since you can web-checkin 48h before departure? It could safe me some hotel nights
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:08 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by daddcap
... however as a frequent flyer you definitely want to experience the FCT at least once.
What I have done to see FCT is to go there, tell them that you are on the way to HON and you want to see the FCT. They let you in for 5 minutes and you have seen it. It is realy great.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
How long before the flight goes can I enter Hotel SKL? 47h before departure, since you can web-checkin 48h before departure? It could safe me some hotel nights
If connecting from elsewhere and have PPS card then in theory unlimited time before departure.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I'd recommend redeeming an F award.
Even though the FCT is great I don't think it justifies a paid/unnecessary F flight to anywhere. Just my 2 cents...
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:26 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'd recommend redeeming an F award.
Even though the FCT is great I don't think it justifies a paid/unnecessary F flight to anywhere. Just my 2 cents...
I agree with Rambuster, paying F to see FCT seems a bit over the top to me, as a simple non-F-flying SEN I'm planning to use e-vouchers to upgrade from C to try it out.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Set up a Rent-an-Hon service: you could go in under the wing of one of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.