Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award question SIN - HKT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Award question SIN - HKT

I want to redeem a M&M award LHR - SIN - HKT - BKK - LHR. I searched on staralliance.com for flight schedules but could't find any flight between Singapore and Phuket.

Is there any way to redeem M&M miles between SIN and HKT (e.g. on Silkair)?

Thanks,
Tim
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by TimWong
I want to redeem a M&M award LHR - SIN - HKT - BKK - LHR. I searched on staralliance.com for flight schedules but could't find any flight between Singapore and Phuket.

Is there any way to redeem M&M miles between SIN and HKT (e.g. on Silkair)?

Thanks,
Tim
Sorry Tim,

there is no way to use M&M miles on Silkair. Silkair is owned by Singapore Airlines but neither part of the Star Alliance nor a partner airline in M&M.

I would suggest trying for LHR-SIN (stopover), SIN-BKK-HKT (point of turnaround), HKT-BKK (possible stopover)-LHR. This should be allowed within the Miles&More rules.

The other option, and I know for sure that it's allowed is:

LHR-SIN, HKT-BKK(possible stopover)-LHR with an open jaw. You could then buy a ticket on Silkair or one of the Singapore-based LCCs (www.jetstarasia.com, www.tigerairways.com) to HKT from SIN.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:33 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
AFAIK you cannot redeem miles on MI under M&M.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex0683de
I would suggest trying for LHR-SIN (stopover), SIN-BKK-HKT (point of turnaround), HKT-BKK (possible stopover)-LHR. This should be allowed within the Miles&More rules.
That would be great if this itinerary is allowed. Otherwise I will have to buy separate tickets SIN-HKT for my family and myself.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:29 am
Suspended

If you stay for more than 24 hours in three cities, you can’t do it on one MAM flight award. LHR-SIN (point of turnaround)//HKT – BKK (stopover) – LHR will work.

If you limit your itinerary to two stopovers in South East Asia, LHR-SIN-BKK-HKT-BKK-LHR is doable on one MAM flight award. However, it’s not my preference: TR offers SIN-HKT from SGD 20+; SIN-BKK-HKT will create at least additional three hours travel time and the fare you pay for an extra ticket will easily be eaten up by taxes, fees & other surcharges for BKK-HKT leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.