Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Day Sale Tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

One Day Sale Tomorrow!

So, a friend of mine works for Lufthansa and said I should keep my eye out for a one-day sale tomorrow. I couldn't get any other details, but it's supposed to be pretty big. Hopefully we'll find out soon...just thought I'd spread the word
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:36 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by chicka12
So, a friend of mine works for Lufthansa and said I should keep my eye out for a one-day sale tomorrow. I couldn't get any other details, but it's supposed to be pretty big. Hopefully we'll find out soon...just thought I'd spread the word
They had that on the Radio (area in and around New York City / New Jersey) for the whole day... LH did a lot of advertising for a big sale on Wednesday for fares to Europe....
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...ials?tl=1&l=en

But if you click on one of the offers to book, it says 'no specials found'
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...ials?tl=1&l=en

But if you click on one of the offers to book, it says 'no specials found'
The site shows specials only during the periods available (as I discovered to my dismay last week after I missed the deadline for the Business Class promotion by a few hours). If LH has new sale prices available for tomorrow only, nothing will be visible until the sale starts.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:05 pm

they just posted this on their web site - one day sale - 20% off winter travel to europe...such a sweet deal!! thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by travelizzy; Oct 31, 2006 at 10:15 pm
Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Do I understand this correctly: 20% off fares which all are <200 USD in the first
place and for which fuel scam surcharges, inflated airport taxes, ticketing fees,
bribes, bakshish, and wanton surcharges dominate the ticket price anyway ?
Or is it 20% off the whole hog?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
so far, im seeing fares not really any cheaper then they were last week.... (ive been researching tix to europe for christams for the past 2 weeks).
some cheezy sale.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
20% only? Nothing so great in my opinion....
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
I too heard this announced last night on the radio here in ATL. This morning though I see nothing impressive at all. Last Feb I got a $260 r/t from ATL to SVO not including junk fees. $550 in all. I'll wait in hopes for something like that again.

Hope some others have better luck!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 8:54 am

Well it looks like some of the fares may be subject to peak times around the holidays, but if you poke around you can probably get some really great deals...Anything these days under $500 seems like a deal to me - so hard to get cheap flights, even within the US!!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by chicka12
Are these fares upgradeable?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by mansh17
Are these fares upgradeable?
Nicht.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Looks like the site updated so there are some good rates to London. At least I saw a good one from Washington.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
though the site doesnt say there are black-out dates....definitely seems like there are. The ad turns out to be a lot of smoke and mirrors. When someone says 20% off, i think 20% off the tix cost...whatever it may be; not just another fare sale. Oh well...
Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

were you searching for tix on a specific date? Yeah there are still some catches but like i said you can find some trips that are decently priced. Sure beats the price of my last trip to Europe over the summer when tickets were in the $800-900s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.