Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on 2 separate tickets !

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator (Star Alliance Gold)
Advice on 2 separate tickets !

I booked one of those error fares from CDG to SIN and the flight timings/route were as follows :

LH4227 CDG - FRA 18:35 Depature
LH778 FRA - SIN
LH779 SIN - FRA
LH4210 FRA - CDG

I have just checked my booking again and it seems like that have rebooked me on LH4225 from CDG to FRA which departs at 17:50. It seems like the orginal LH4227 flight does not operate.

However I am connecting in CDG on a seprate ticket with flight LH4276 from Dusseldorf which arrives in CDG at 17:00. This will now give me only 50 minutes to make the connection which i think is not enough as the legal connection time in CDG is 90mins i believe. Orginally i had 1 hour 35 mins connection time.

I notice there is a LH4229 that leaves CDG at 19:25 and arrives in FRA at 20:50 giving me a 1 hour 20 minute connection in FRA for my SIN flight.

Do you think Lufthansa will be able to change my flight to LH4229 as it was their fault that LH4227 i orginally booked was cancelled ?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Call them and ask them to change it. Shouldn't be a problem - just tell them 17:50 is too early for you.

SmilingBoy.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:50 am

Would say the same, they canceled your original flight, so they have to change it the way you want it.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator (Star Alliance Gold)
I called lufthansa and they wanted to charge me 100 Euros to change it ! Tried to reason the with the booking agent but no luck. So i put down the phone and call again. This time no problems as they said it was their fault and they have changed it
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: sq solitaire;LH-Sen
Originally Posted by asif_ebrahim
I booked one of those error fares from CDG to SIN and the flight timings/route were as follows :

LH4227 CDG - FRA 18:35 Depature
LH778 FRA - SIN
LH779 SIN - FRA
LH4210 FRA - CDG

I have just checked my booking again and it seems like that have rebooked me on LH4225 from CDG to FRA which departs at 17:50. It seems like the orginal LH4227 flight does not operate.

However I am connecting in CDG on a seprate ticket with flight LH4276 from Dusseldorf which arrives in CDG at 17:00. This will now give me only 50 minutes to make the connection which i think is not enough as the legal connection time in CDG is 90mins i believe. Orginally i had 1 hour 35 mins connection time.

I notice there is a LH4229 that leaves CDG at 19:25 and arrives in FRA at 20:50 giving me a 1 hour 20 minute connection in FRA for my SIN flight.

Do you think Lufthansa will be able to change my flight to LH4229 as it was their fault that LH4227 i orginally booked was cancelled ?

Hi,
why not check through DUS-CDG -CDG-SIN-also when using separate tickets-
Its not the normal way to FRA but should be no problem at all- I did this several times when traveling on 2 tickets e.g MUC-MXP(1 ticket) MXP-Fra-SIN(2.ticket). The same on return.The LH people are aware of the habit to fly on 2 tickets to optimize travel budget and you are not infringe their regualations.
But when feelin uncertain you may call LH to check rebooking on a later flight.
cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.