Wiki Posts
Search

LH HON area in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
LH HON area in MUC

On my way to AOI I'm in the MUC HON-lounge and its perfect like ever: the very warm welcome by name, the extremely frienly service by the staff, the perfect Ruinart champagne, the sushis ... and resl good news: the planings for the new F- and HON-lounge are in progress. It will have a nice wine and dine area, bath facilities and everything whatd FTs like. Another eleven months and they are ready to go. I like LH for that.
My C-upgrade -which I get nearly every weekend- is another thing. The bulkhead-seats in ATR-Y are much more comfortable. And after dining here I dont need anything without a plain water in the airplane.
Have a nice weekend
salve
Luigi
Old Aug 18, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by SenAOI
On my way to AOI I'm in the MUC HON-lounge and its perfect like ever: the very warm welcome by name, the extremely frienly service by the staff, the perfect Ruinart champagne, the sushis ... and resl good news: the planings for the new F- and HON-lounge are in progress. It will have a nice wine and dine area, bath facilities and everything whatd FTs like. Another eleven months and they are ready to go. I like LH for that.
My C-upgrade -which I get nearly every weekend- is another thing. The bulkhead-seats in ATR-Y are much more comfortable. And after dining here I dont need anything without a plain water in the airplane.
Have a nice weekend
salve
Luigi
So, where will this great place be developed?

Did you got the info in the FCL in MUC? I will be there next week TUE evening and may ask myself.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:29 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I'll be there tomorrow afternoon with my family (wife, baby, nurse - hope they let us in!) and will ask the question about future developments.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:12 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by SenAOI
...the very warm welcome by name, the extremely frienly service by the staff, the perfect Ruinart champagne, the sushis ...
You write so nice things about that lounge all the time.
Something must have gone wrong when I was there back in January.
I did not liked it at all and went over to the Senator Lounge.
The bar was unattended because the bar keeper and the lady at the entrance were chatting somewhere and the third guy was loading the dishwasher. In the hot meal I found some aluminum foil and when I told them I got a small 'sorry'.
Lets see how the new lounge will look.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:40 am

Besides the fact that we are talking about SenAOIs private living room here the team at the lounge has managed to create quite a personal atmosphere at least for the more frequent guests. Taking the limited facilities into account they are really doing a great job and have constantly improved since the lounge opened.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:07 am

Programs: LH Sen
The new HON/F lounge will be where the 'Wiener's Cafe' is located at the moment. Their contract with the airport MUC is running out very soon and according to some rumours LH used their influence in MUC to get them out there.
The area will have about 800 m2.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:42 am

I'm just in the current HON/FCL in MUC and was chatting with the entry lady.

The new area will spread over both levels (G, H), with main entry/exit on G level and lounge area itself on H level (additional entry/exit). So Schengen and Non-Schengen will be supported with easy step over. Additional facilities will be available. Construction will start this autumn, but it will take a while (Half year may not be enough).

Does probably mean, no car transfer for gated flights and additional screening with the crowd for US flights. Better than today, but not as good as FRA FCT.

Let's look forward.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
....with the crowd for US flights....
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by ulev
OMG! Mingling with the commoners...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
OMG! Mingling with the commoners...
Just two comments... ???

Don't take it to serious.

Last edited by SleepOverGreenland; Aug 23, 2006 at 4:24 am Reason: oops - first quote was wrong
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Just two comments... ???

Don't take it to serious.
Well there are people....and people. And I don't take all of them serious.

BTW, I am honored, but flysurfer and me are two different persons, even though we do have the same opinion in this case.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:26 am

Well there are people....and people. And I don't take all of them serious.

BTW, I am honored, but flysurfer and me are two different persons, even though we do have the same opinion in this case.
Oops, a typical copy and paste problem and forgot to change the name. Already corrected.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Speaking of MUC: will they do anything to ease the passport control process? When using the car service it's quite annoying to get into the car, drive 20 seconds, get out of the car again to the passport control, in the car again and to the plane... why not like in FRA, where the passport chap is right at the exit?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by creber
Speaking of MUC: will they do anything to ease the passport control process? When using the car service it's quite annoying to get into the car, drive 20 seconds, get out of the car again to the passport control, in the car again and to the plane... why not like in FRA, where the passport chap is right at the exit?
If they allow entry and exit on G and H level, then passport control must happen for sure on one side of this new lounge. Probably upon entry/exit on H level.

Then they only have to offer car service entry on G level (like today) for Schengen flights and on H level for non-Schengen flights. They can easily use the same gate.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF FB Platinum
Besides the fact that we are talking about SenAOIs private living room here the team at the lounge has managed to create quite a personal atmosphere at least for the more frequent guests. Taking the limited facilities into account they are really doing a great job and have constantly improved since the lounge opened.
The MUC Lounge is indeed a little of my world . And I just can say: they are great there! ^ But it even will get better with the new HON facilities. And as I've heard, LH tries to find a solution for US-flights so that HONs and FC-pax will not be treated by the normal security services.
Salve Luigi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.