Community
Wiki Posts
Search

45min connection in FRA

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

45min connection in FRA

One quick question........within few weeks i am sending my mother(early 70's) off in C class from EWR to LJU with a connection in FRA that is 45 min is this reasonable or should I be concerened about this, MUC I know is not a problem..........arrival is at terminal 1 departure with Adria Airways is also at terminal one but non-schen......

I appreicate any input.....
AD
Old May 30, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA blue
Originally Posted by divjan
One quick question........within few weeks i am sending my mother(early 70's) off in C class from EWR to LJU with a connection in FRA that is 45 min is this reasonable or should I be concerened about this, MUC I know is not a problem..........arrival is at terminal 1 departure with Adria Airways is also at terminal one but non-schen......

I appreicate any input.....
AD

If it's the same terminal, 45 mins is plenty (provided that her plane arrives to FRA on time). I have changed planes at FRA dozens of times, and this usually involves transferring between terminals. With 55-65 mins connection, I normally have enough time to go to one of the the C lounges, have a drink and catch up on email before heading for the gate.
Old May 30, 2006, 10:39 pm

Location: Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean and east of the Pacific Ocean...
Programs: Elite of none; flyer of many
Originally Posted by Oldthinker
If it's the same terminal, 45 mins is plenty (provided that her plane arrives to FRA on time). I have changed planes at FRA dozens of times, and this usually involves transferring between terminals. With 55-65 mins connection, I normally have enough time to go to one of the the C lounges, have a drink and catch up on email before heading for the gate.
Related question (not familar with FRA at all)

Is 50 mins enough for a LHR-FRA-EWR connection?
Old May 31, 2006, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by N674UW
Related question (not familar with FRA at all)

Is 50 mins enough for a LHR-FRA-EWR connection?
you should have no problem at all! if you arrive at a gate then its less hassle, if they park you at a remote stand (which never happend to me when i arrived from LHR, but maybe weero has different experiences! ) you might have to walk fast...

sentom

Last edited by sentom; May 31, 2006 at 1:03 am Reason: typo
Old May 31, 2006, 12:55 am

Programs: lh sen
i hate to be the dissenter here, but 45 minutes is likely not enough time for transfer between a flight arriving from outside the EU and transferring to an EU flight; there's no C/F class special passport control line (unless i'm a blind moron (possible)), and so the transfer involves both passport control, re-screening, and walk to gate. re-screening has its own C/F line, but the line dumps into a common area fed by the non-C/F line as well (priority given to C/F, but it's not like there are dedicated screeners, which is a good screw to the queuing theory).

that all being said, for C class, i would hope that if your mother made a point of informing FA while in the air, and ground staff again after deplaning, that she would get some help in her situation (faster passport control, a call down to the gate of the LJU flight, something..)

good luck.
Old May 31, 2006, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by quarkdoll
there's no C/F class special passport control line (unless i'm a blind moron (possible))
Since there is a fast track line, I have to disagree.
As for assessing your mental abilities, I'm leaving that to others.
Old May 31, 2006, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Since there is a fast track line, I have to disagree.
As for assessing your mental abilities, I'm leaving that to others.
dammit! :- )

if i'm standing at the LH transfer desk, where is the fast track line?
Old May 31, 2006, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
dammit! :- )

if i'm standing at the LH transfer desk, where is the fast track line?
Dunno about no transfer desk (never needed such a thing), but the passport/customs line for pax with tight connections line was to the left, IIRC.
Old May 31, 2006, 11:28 am

Dunno about no transfer desk (never needed such a thing), but the passport/customs line for pax with tight connections line was to the left, IIRC.
hmmm, last trip through, i was in the left most line (any more left and i was at the transfer desk), it was neither restricted to C/F nor fast moving; perhaps it's only open during certain hours - this was an arrival at ~6.15a from IAD
Old May 31, 2006, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmm, last trip through, i was in the left most line (any more left and i was at the transfer desk), it was neither restricted to C/F nor fast moving; perhaps it's only open during certain hours - this was an arrival at ~6.15a from IAD
Can't say, it's possible.
The line was always in place when I was transiting in FRA, a thing I tend to avoid.
Old May 31, 2006, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

From some of the posts that I have read i should be concerned about a 45min connection at FRA.........
Can't say, it's possible.
The line was always in place when I was transiting in FRA, a thing I tend to avoid.
Old May 31, 2006, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From some of the posts that I have read i should be concerned about a 45min connection at FRA.........
45 min. is a perfectly legal connection. For tight connections, LH is supposed to provide a ramp service, anyway, aren't they?
Old May 31, 2006, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The fast track line is only open certain hours (sorry I can't recall what they are but having connected at FRA at all sorts of hours I am confident it isnt always open in fact the reverse more often only regular lines). 45 minutes is certainly doable (I've even managed the dreaded remote stand that seemed to be in a different state through to C including extra double security for TLV flight in less. But it could be tight. I certainly would want to make sure they inform the next flight that you are on your way.
Old May 31, 2006, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
45 min. is a perfectly legal connection. For tight connections, LH is supposed to provide a ramp service, anyway, aren't they?
LH has never provided me a ramp service, even the times when my 45-50 minute connection was tightened due to late arrival of inbound to 30 minute or less connection. Most times there is no one there at all, and if there is they just say you better run
Old May 31, 2006, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
LH has never provided me a ramp service, even the times when my 45-50 minute connection was tightened due to late arrival of inbound to 30 minute or less connection. Most times there is no one there at all, and if there is they just say you better run
I can't recall a LH magazine, LH PR video or TV documentary dealing with LH in FRA, where LH's "unique ramp direct service" isn't advertised. They have been praising this thing for years. Yet, on FT, nobody seems to ever have experienced this service. Strange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.