Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mmff
I see you're working on your photography skills. Last time the glass did not make it to the picture...
Nice of you to notice ^

I also thought the Pommery Louise 2004 deserved a feature
MichielR likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
It’s very Snowy outside Satellite lounge again
Nice picture.

But considering what we had a few weeks ago, it’s not „very“ snowy.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Nice picture.

But considering what we had a few weeks ago, it’s not „very“ snowy.
Thanks ^

With this much unbridled praise I may need to go out & buy a decent camera

Certainly, less than last time I was here but still sufficient to cause a delay to my flight... oh well..... since I’m from close to MAN it’s just got to be more Pommery Louise ......
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:06 am

Certainly, less than last time I was here but still sufficient to cause a delay to my flight... oh well..... since I’m from close to MAN it’s just got to be more Pommery Louise ......
Hope the delay is not too bad. Enjoy the lounge and the fizz.

Unfortunately all my upcoming F flights are via FRA and my next long-haul from MUC is in C; waitlisted for F, but has not cleared in weeks, i.e. probably no Sat lounge for me for a while.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hope the delay is not too bad. Enjoy the lounge and the fizz.
The delay is clearly caused by weather, it happens, just again so thankful to be in one of the Worlds best FCL’s when that happens with fantastic & caring Staff, one has to give LH credit for that ^

They are going to drive me to the aircraft when it’s time to go & if it’s much longer they will have to pour me into the Porsche

Hope your waitlist clears !
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:41 am

The delay is clearly caused by weather, it happens, just again so thankful to be in one of the Worlds best FCL’s when that happens with fantastic & caring Staff, one has to give LH credit for that ^

They are going to drive me to the aircraft when it’s time to go & if it’s much longer they will have to pour me into the Porsche

Hope your waitlist clears !
Glad they are taking good care of you.

Doubt my waitlist will clear, it is a companion award to SFO. (2 seats on a very busy route is not the ideal combination; it‘s F6 A2, let‘s wait and see ...)
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:37 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I organized a flight of my father so he could enjoy LH First Class en route to JFK.
He will be arriving on LH2367 from ZRH at around 10:20 (presumably into K Gates) to the connect onto LH410 to JFK. (Presumably leaving from L25, although on sat and Sun it left from H, but mon to friday it was on L25).

To maximize his experience I have already instructed him to check-in at the ZRH-First Class Lounge, then move to the FCL A and have breakfast there to then move to the departing flight to MUC. In MUC, however, I lack a little experience, so I would be glad for a little feedback.

If he arrives into K Gates, as I assume, he will just walk to the FCL, go through passport control in the FCL, enjoy the time and the view in the Lounge, ask for a rubber duck, and then move to L25 for the departing flight. (I understand there is no limo transfer at all at MUC, unless you arrive/depart at/from a remote stand).

Are there any other things I need to keep in mind or that he might wish to experience/see?

Cheers
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:08 am

You got him covered!

FT maximization would be to check out both FCLs at both airports.

In MUC no limo transport except apron positions and last year they had pick up from A380 flights. Don’t know if they still do this. — Maybe tell him that the sat lounge is much nicer and that MUC has great champagne (unlike FRA).

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:30 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
You got him covered!

FT maximization would be to check out both FCLs at both airports.

In MUC no limo transport except apron positions and last year they had pick up from A380 flights. Don’t know if they still do this. — Maybe tell him that the sat lounge is much nicer and that MUC has great champagne (unlike FRA).

Great advice and I don't know how old your father is. If I were in the OP's shoes (and knowing how my dad & father in law behave) I would suggest the following:

If the flight ZRH-MUC...
- arrives at an apron position, your father should ask to be taken to the FCL closest to his departure gate.
- arrives in K and the connecting flight leaves from H -> go to the Lounge in T2 (close to H)
- arrives in K and the connecting flight leaves from L -> stay in the Satellite FCL
- arrives in G and the connecting flight leaves from H -> stay in the T2 FCL
- arrives in G and the connecting flight leaves from L -> go to the Lounge in T2S (close to L)
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Great advice and I don't know how old your father is. If I were in the OP's shoes (and knowing how my dad & father in law behave) I would suggest the following:

If the flight ZRH-MUC...
- arrives at an apron position, your father should ask to be taken to the FCL closest to his departure gate.
- arrives in K and the connecting flight leaves from H -> go to the Lounge in T2 (close to H)
- arrives in K and the connecting flight leaves from L -> stay in the Satellite FCL
- arrives in G and the connecting flight leaves from L -> go to the Lounge in T2S (close to L)
No offense, but how likely is it that the flight to the US departs from the main terminal?

Has not happened to me since the sat was opened.

BTW: It’s not my father.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:23 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that

No offense, but how likely is it that the flight to the US departs from the main terminal?
Just quoting the OP...

Originally Posted by Nick Art
... He will be arriving on LH2367 from ZRH at around 10:20 (presumably into K Gates) to the connect onto LH410 to JFK. (Presumably leaving from L25, although on sat and Sun it left from H, but mon to friday it was on L25).

Mein Fehler... I failed to correct the first reference to the OP.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:08 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

Has not happened to me since the sat was opened.

Well LH410 yesterday and on saturday left from H14 for example

Originally Posted by cas_de

If the flight ZRH-MUC...
Well my father is not that old (after all it's still a business trip for him that I managed to book into F for him). After all I dragged him with me on my rather crazy Casablanca direct turnaround mileage run .

But thank you very much for your list, I think it covers all evantualities
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Well LH410 yesterday and on saturday left from H14 ...
So it does happen, to my surprise, my apologies to both of you.

Then I only have to add to what you had written that I would definitely recommend a trip to the FCL in the sat, no matter where the flight leaves from! It’s one of my top three lounges in the world.

Hope he enjoys the trip and that considers himself lucky have a great son to take such good care of him.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium

So it does happen, to my surprise, my apologies to both of you.

Then I only have to add to what you had written that I would definitely recommend a trip to the FCL in the sat, no matter where the flight leaves from! It’s one of my top three lounges in the world.

Hope he enjoys the trip and that considers himself lucky have a great son to take such good care of him.
Apologies in advance...

Mrs Lewis42 and I have a flight in November on LH F on the following routing...

CPT -> MUC -> CGN.

Which terminals will we likely end up in?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Apologies in advance...

Mrs Lewis42 and I have a flight in November on LH F on the following routing...

CPT -> MUC -> CGN.

Which terminals will we likely end up in?
It’s all terminal 2 (LH’s own), either main or satellite. Both are connected by a 90 second underground train ride, which should worry you not more than an elevator.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.