Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Has anyone tried to visit the FCL at MUC after coming off a non-schengen unclean flight? In my case I'll be arriving at 5am from MEX and would like to use the FCL as arrivals lounge to have some breakfast there instead of on the plane. I know it would require reclearing transfer security which I don't mind, the question is whether they let you through without onward BP. Any experiences?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:30 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Bavariair
Has anyone tried to visit the FCL at MUC after coming off a non-schengen unclean flight? In my case I'll be arriving at 5am from MEX and would like to use the FCL as arrivals lounge to have some breakfast there instead of on the plane. I know it would require reclearing transfer security which I don't mind, the question is whether they let you through without onward BP. Any experiences?
I think I remember reading somewhere in this or one of the related threads that it's possible to do this, but you will have to pass through transfer security.
Bavariair likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bavariair
Yes, just follow the signs as if you have a connecting flight from an H (if arriving in T2) or L (if in T2 Satellite) gate. You will have to clear transfer security but they are used to passengers going to the FCL or other lounges on arrival. There may even be LH personnel to guide arriving F passengers to the FCL. Not only can you use the facilities of the FCL on arrival but you can also go through passport control within the lounge.
Bavariair likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, just follow the signs as if you have a connecting flight from an H (if arriving in T2) or L (if in T2 Satellite) gate. You will have to clear transfer security but they are used to passengers going to the FCL or other lounges on arrival. There may even be LH personnel to guide arriving F passengers to the FCL. Not only can you use the facilities of the FCL on arrival but you can also go through passport control within the lounge.
Spot on 👍

Plus you can even ask the PA’s to arrange for your checked luggage to be taken care of, if you have any.
Bavariair likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:25 am

Hello!

I'm flying from Stockholm to Tokyo in June in F, with a two hour connection. I've never been to the satellite GCL. If my long-haul departs from H gates, can I still use the satellite FCL and just take a non-schengen, clean train back to the main terminal without clearing security again?

If I'm picked up from my arriving flight, are there any issues with asking to be driven to the satellite FCL?

Since it's in the summer I'd like to try the terrace in the satellite FCL!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nollbit
Hello!

I'm flying from Stockholm to Tokyo in June in F, with a two hour connection. I've never been to the satellite GCL. If my long-haul departs from H gates, can I still use the satellite FCL and just take a non-schengen, clean train back to the main terminal without clearing security again?

If I'm picked up from my arriving flight, are there any issues with asking to be driven to the satellite FCL?

Since it's in the summer I'd like to try the terrace in the satellite FCL!
You can use whichever FCL you chose & Satelite is Best by far.

Schengen to non Schengen inside each FCL

If you arrive at outside position you tell the driver where you want to go.

Enjoy !
nollbit likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Great, thanks a lot!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:25 pm

Hi,
If flying PEK-MUC-FRA (J class) and FRA-GIG (F class), same day connection but different ticket, will I be given access do MUC F lounge while waiting for the flight to FRA?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by embit
Hi,
If flying PEK-MUC-FRA (J class) and FRA-GIG (F class), same day connection but different ticket, will I be given access do MUC F lounge while waiting for the flight to FRA?
you can ask but by the rules, no access.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by embit
Hi,
The latest ruling is that it is not allowed on seperate tickets. No harm in trying though armed with your F BP to GIG.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:29 am

I'm flying SFO-MUC-VIE in F. (Business from MUC-VIE) From what I read here is it likely we'll be met by LH staff and shown "where to go" for our connection?

If not, do we first go through the FCL or just go straight to our connecting gate?

Thanks for the info......
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by sdix
I'm flying SFO-MUC-VIE in F. (Business from MUC-VIE) From what I read here is it likely we'll be met by LH staff and shown "where to go" for our connection?
I think PA service upon landing in LH F is not offered at European airports
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdix

If not, do we first go through the FCL or just go straight to our connecting gate?

Thanks for the info......
F arrival service at MUC is quite new & on trial, you should be met.
if not head straight to nearest FCL, likely E Satellite & the PA’s in the lounge will support you.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
F arrival service at MUC is quite new & on trial, you should be met.
if not head straight to nearest FCL, likely E Satellite & the PA’s in the lounge will support you.
I thought the trial (arrival PA and car transfer to the lounge or the exit) was for arrivals with A380 only, at least this is how it was communicated to us when we arrived from LAX in March. But maybe this has changed in the meantime.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber

I thought the trial (arrival PA and car transfer to the lounge or the exit) was for arrivals with A380 only, at least this is how it was communicated to us when we arrived from LAX in March. But maybe this has changed in the meantime.
Could be, not been into MUC myself for quite a while in F
not many F flights at MUC now so they should accommodate all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.