Munich First class lounge

Old Apr 27, 18, 2:37 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MUC
Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Posts: 73
Has anyone tried to visit the FCL at MUC after coming off a non-schengen unclean flight? In my case I'll be arriving at 5am from MEX and would like to use the FCL as arrivals lounge to have some breakfast there instead of on the plane. I know it would require reclearing transfer security which I don't mind, the question is whether they let you through without onward BP. Any experiences?
Bavariair is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 3:30 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MUC
Programs: this and that
Posts: 1,334
Originally Posted by Bavariair View Post
Has anyone tried to visit the FCL at MUC after coming off a non-schengen unclean flight? In my case I'll be arriving at 5am from MEX and would like to use the FCL as arrivals lounge to have some breakfast there instead of on the plane. I know it would require reclearing transfer security which I don't mind, the question is whether they let you through without onward BP. Any experiences?
I think I remember reading somewhere in this or one of the related threads that it's possible to do this, but you will have to pass through transfer security.
Bavariair likes this.
cas_de is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 4:28 am
  #753  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 28,122
Originally Posted by Bavariair View Post
Has anyone tried to visit the FCL at MUC after coming off a non-schengen unclean flight? In my case I'll be arriving at 5am from MEX and would like to use the FCL as arrivals lounge to have some breakfast there instead of on the plane. I know it would require reclearing transfer security which I don't mind, the question is whether they let you through without onward BP. Any experiences?
Yes, just follow the signs as if you have a connecting flight from an H (if arriving in T2) or L (if in T2 Satellite) gate. You will have to clear transfer security but they are used to passengers going to the FCL or other lounges on arrival. There may even be LH personnel to guide arriving F passengers to the FCL. Not only can you use the facilities of the FCL on arrival but you can also go through passport control within the lounge.
Bavariair likes this.
NewbieRunner is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:04 am
  #754  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,145
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Yes, just follow the signs as if you have a connecting flight from an H (if arriving in T2) or L (if in T2 Satellite) gate. You will have to clear transfer security but they are used to passengers going to the FCL or other lounges on arrival. There may even be LH personnel to guide arriving F passengers to the FCL. Not only can you use the facilities of the FCL on arrival but you can also go through passport control within the lounge.
Spot on 👍

Plus you can even ask the PAs to arrange for your checked luggage to be taken care of, if you have any.
Bavariair likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:25 am
  #755  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 67
Hello!

I'm flying from Stockholm to Tokyo in June in F, with a two hour connection. I've never been to the satellite GCL. If my long-haul departs from H gates, can I still use the satellite FCL and just take a non-schengen, clean train back to the main terminal without clearing security again?

If I'm picked up from my arriving flight, are there any issues with asking to be driven to the satellite FCL?

Since it's in the summer I'd like to try the terrace in the satellite FCL!
nollbit is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 6:12 am
  #756  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,145
Originally Posted by nollbit View Post
Hello!

I'm flying from Stockholm to Tokyo in June in F, with a two hour connection. I've never been to the satellite GCL. If my long-haul departs from H gates, can I still use the satellite FCL and just take a non-schengen, clean train back to the main terminal without clearing security again?

If I'm picked up from my arriving flight, are there any issues with asking to be driven to the satellite FCL?

Since it's in the summer I'd like to try the terrace in the satellite FCL!
You can use whichever FCL you chose & Satelite is Best by far.

Schengen to non Schengen inside each FCL

If you arrive at outside position you tell the driver where you want to go.

Enjoy !
nollbit likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Apr 27, 18, 6:46 am
  #757  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MUC
Programs: A3*G, HH Gold
Posts: 73
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Yes, just follow the signs as if you have a connecting flight from an H (if arriving in T2) or L (if in T2 Satellite) gate. You will have to clear transfer security but they are used to passengers going to the FCL or other lounges on arrival. There may even be LH personnel to guide arriving F passengers to the FCL. Not only can you use the facilities of the FCL on arrival but you can also go through passport control within the lounge.
Great, thanks a lot!
Bavariair is offline  
Old Apr 30, 18, 1:25 pm
  #758  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: GIG, BR
Posts: 36
Hi,
If flying PEK-MUC-FRA (J class) and FRA-GIG (F class), same day connection but different ticket, will I be given access do MUC F lounge while waiting for the flight to FRA?
embit is offline  
Old Apr 30, 18, 1:39 pm
  #759  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,808
Originally Posted by embit View Post
Hi,
If flying PEK-MUC-FRA (J class) and FRA-GIG (F class), same day connection but different ticket, will I be given access do MUC F lounge while waiting for the flight to FRA?
you can ask but by the rules, no access.
daumueller is offline  
Old Apr 30, 18, 11:56 pm
  #760  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,145
Originally Posted by embit View Post
Hi,
If flying PEK-MUC-FRA (J class) and FRA-GIG (F class), same day connection but different ticket, will I be given access do MUC F lounge while waiting for the flight to FRA?
The latest ruling is that it is not allowed on seperate tickets. No harm in trying though armed with your F BP to GIG.
chris63 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 18, 9:29 am
  #761  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,689
I'm flying SFO-MUC-VIE in F. (Business from MUC-VIE) From what I read here is it likely we'll be met by LH staff and shown "where to go" for our connection?

If not, do we first go through the FCL or just go straight to our connecting gate?

Thanks for the info......
sdix is offline  
Old Jun 27, 18, 10:37 am
  #762  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: WAW
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by sdix View Post
I'm flying SFO-MUC-VIE in F. (Business from MUC-VIE) From what I read here is it likely we'll be met by LH staff and shown "where to go" for our connection?
I think PA service upon landing in LH F is not offered at European airports
andywaw is offline  
Old Jun 27, 18, 10:59 am
  #763  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,145
Originally Posted by sdix View Post
I'm flying SFO-MUC-VIE in F. (Business from MUC-VIE) From what I read here is it likely we'll be met by LH staff and shown "where to go" for our connection?

If not, do we first go through the FCL or just go straight to our connecting gate?

Thanks for the info......
F arrival service at MUC is quite new & on trial, you should be met.
if not head straight to nearest FCL, likely E Satellite & the PAs in the lounge will support you.
chris63 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 18, 1:02 pm
  #764  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,726
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
F arrival service at MUC is quite new & on trial, you should be met.
if not head straight to nearest FCL, likely E Satellite & the PAs in the lounge will support you.
I thought the trial (arrival PA and car transfer to the lounge or the exit) was for arrivals with A380 only, at least this is how it was communicated to us when we arrived from LAX in March. But maybe this has changed in the meantime.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Jun 28, 18, 12:49 am
  #765  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,145
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


I thought the trial (arrival PA and car transfer to the lounge or the exit) was for arrivals with A380 only, at least this is how it was communicated to us when we arrived from LAX in March. But maybe this has changed in the meantime.
Could be, not been into MUC myself for quite a while in F
not many F flights at MUC now so they should accommodate all.
chris63 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: