Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, the LT SEN will get 2evouchers each cycle in the future too.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:29 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
How generous

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, the LT SEN will get 2evouchers each cycle in the future too.
Our dear much appreciated moderator knows always everything.
2 evouchers per year without qualifying - incredible generosity of LH group - Christmas was last month :-)
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:36 pm

Hi all,

My Dad received lifetime SEN probably 2 years ago now and just received a third status star. Now he is not flying nearly as much as he used to, so likely will not attain the 4th star soon.

Does anyone know if lifetime SEN has been achieved, will it be lost when the new program rules are in place? (if the new requirements are not met) Or will he be grandfathered in? I looked throughout this post and did not find any details, so the answer may not yet be known.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lifetime means lifetime... of course they will not revoke such status...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't they do it as a change in contract terms like any other? Is it not in the T&Cs?

I know the hotel LT programmes say that. And lets not mention BD...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Life Long Senator in the miles&more program will be Life Long ... That Status will Not change. But miles and more can at their discretion end or change the miles&more and/or the Senator benefits with advanced notice ( months or May be 1 year) as they feel like!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lifetime means lifetime... of course they will not revoke such status...
Anyone who was lifetime elite member in BMI Diamond Club is likely to be triggered by this!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Can't they do it as a change in contract terms like any other? Is it not in the T&Cs?

I know the hotel LT programmes say that. And lets not mention BD...
Too late! I already mentioned BD!

And even where Lifetime truly means Lifetime, what that LT status maps to is subject to change. Just ask any of the SPG legacy guys who were LTG how much they're enjoying the lifelong benefit of "2pm checkout, subject to availability".*

* Prior to the Marriott integration, SPG Golds had 4pm guaranteed checkout.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:05 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Anyone who was lifetime elite member in BMI Diamond Club is likely to be triggered by this!
Ha, Ha ! So we shall call it SEN lifetime of the M&L program
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or do not forget when Delta changed the language from "Lifetime" to "annual" or whatever, which to many was a ruse in case they one day decide to end it. Also don't forget about Delta "Flying Colonel" which was ended at some point, nor the mid 1990's BA Silver for life people who were also enhanced out. Already this change means that my "lifetime counter" has essentially doubled or whatever, as I had actually qualified for Senator for life in all but age, and will have to fly a bit more lifetime Silver, but a good amount more to be Lifetime Senator, so the goal posts have indeed changed substantially already....
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:02 pm

Senator for Life needs to be 60 years old?

Hi all,

I called Miles & More today to inquire about the current requirements to receive the senator (star alliance gold) for life. I was expecting an answer in terms of 10years consecutive senator, maybe min 3 status starts, etc but was told that I would need to have 10 consecutive years of senator ànd be be minimum 60 years old at the time of hitting the 10 year milestone.

Has anybody heard of this requirement before? What would be the point in sticking long term with M&M before age 50 then?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, I believe that is correct.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:47 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
At least for now. Things will change once the new M&M system will be introduced.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
isn't that illegal? age discrimination
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
isn't that illegal? age discrimination
They want to limit the years they are exposed to hosting you in their lounges. This way is better than sending out hit squads
gojko88 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.